Dejounte Murray: Woj - Lakers/Hawks have exchanged some ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Seeing Murray tonight he does seem better than Dlo I saw one play the Lakers doubled him and he quickly recognized it Passed to the open man for 3

He defends rebounds play makes and scores Seems good ?

Fits the scouting report.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:50 pm    Post subject:

^ ^ It’s cause he is good…

Rich gets these guys the bag, but you gotta at least warrant some of it. Dude has 2way potential and giving him AD should resurrect his D…I hope.

With AD out and your only skillset is to be a bucket, I see Dno dogged it tonight. Dude’s slick I’ll give him that…ATL ain’t itching to pull that trigger with us after that performance.

Also I find it concerning if this is true from that linked report from @logical

Quote:
The Lakers have already submitted an offer for the two-way guard, a deal that includes the likes of D'Angelo Russell, rookie Jalen Hood-Schifino, and draft compensation, league sources confirmed to ClutchPoints. This package was first reported by The Athletic's Jovan Buha. In search of more value, the offer was rapidly turned down by the Hawks, especially since they don't want Russell in any deal for Murray.

Over the course of the last week, there have been no new developments regarding Murray, the Hawks, or the Lakers. However, many around the league still view Los Angeles as the top team pursuing Murray. As far as recent play from the Lakers, they may not have a need to trade Russell anymore given his recent performances.

The idea that the Lakers are reconsidering if a trade for Murray involving Russell and additional future assets would make a difference in their current playoff push is very real. Russell has arguably been the Lakers' best player over the course of the last week or so. Regarding initial talks between the two sides, the Lakers did not make much of an effort to try and advance said trade talks pertaining to Murray when the Hawks were unwilling to accept Russell in a deal. Los Angeles, sources said, never made an effort to seek a third team to try and facilitate this trade two weeks ago.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:55 pm    Post subject:

^totally agree, will our 2029 FRP be as good as Murray? I doubt it. (Just look at JHS)
Given the DLO contract situation, I’d do the deal.
Murray+AR+AD is a good core for post lebron days.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Murray looked about how I expected. Looked like a guy who was fresh vs a team that's main guys played 35-40 minutes on a back to back. Reaves seemed to find himself again though by going to the basket early. Something he should be implementing more.

Whenever I saw Prince switched onto Murray I knew he was toast, but Prince is toast vs anyone. It's more impressive how he took it to the basket on Vando. But the entire Hawks team took advantage of not having AD there.

One hopes when AD comes back it's actually healthy with his hips and Achillies injuries taken care of. Because other teams are going to keep taking it to us inside the paint all day with him compromised or while he's out.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Lol. That would be trash. The only reason Murray makes sense now is because we have bron. Murray similar to dlo should be 3rd or 4th best player
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:18 pm    Post subject:

^True @MJST, they even interviewed Bogs afterwards and he said the game plan was to run since we was coming off a back to back.

Either way, the only thing I do not care for in his game is his defensive effort. I know you tired coming off big minutes from a b2b, but you about to turn 28 bruh. That old man next to you can’t do it himself. I thought dude was gonna put up way more shot attempts. If he didn’t have his legs for the long ball, he definitely has much more to pull out his offensive bag that he could have went to instead.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Lol. That would be trash. The only reason Murray makes sense now is because we have bron. Murray similar to dlo should be 3rd or 4th best player

Of course they need to add players, but that’s a good core to start with until the next superstar comes
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
^True @MJST, they even interviewed Bogs afterwards and he said the game plan was to run since we was coming off a back to back.

Either way, the only thing I do not care for in his game is his defensive effort. I know you tired coming off big minutes from a b2b, but you about to turn 28 bruh. That old man next to you can’t do it himself. I thought dude was gonna put up way more shot attempts. If he didn’t have his legs for the long ball, he definitely has much more to pull out his offensive bag that he could have went to instead.

Yeah they did what was expected. Our idiot of a coach ran our main guys 356-40 minutes the previous night. So the Hawks strategy was use their fresh legs, run, and make us shoot threes. It worked exactly how it should.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Of course they need to add players, but that’s a good core to start with until the next superstar comes

It isn’t. It probably keeps us middle in the draft. Mediocre is the worst place to be in sports.

Reaves is probably at his ceiling. Murray too. Ad will be an old 32 yr old.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:35 pm    Post subject:

DLO could have sent a message, but instead, he sent it for Murray. Murray clamped him, and went to work.

Reaves tried to send the message for DLO lol
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
DLO could have sent a message, but instead, he sent it for Murray. Murray clamped him, and went to work.

Majority of the game D'Lo was sent to the corner and we watched LeBron / AR iso ball.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Majority of the game D'Lo was sent to the corner and we watched LeBron / AR iso ball.

Because he was getting locked up. His motor vehicle was on E.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I agree with JC, the Lakers have an idea where DLO is leaning. V can correct me but if DLO walks the Lakers can’t throw that $18 mil at anyone else. Trade for Murray and retain a salary slot. My guess is that the draft considerations are what is being discussed.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping they would leave DLO in Atlanta. He’s mentally and physically weak.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Don't worry, he didn't actually watch the game, he just needs to bash DLO for not having legs after playing 40 minutes the previous night. He'll ignore Ham taking DLO out after he hit a three and another shot, and he'll ignore that LeBron and Reaves more so controlled the ball mid-way to later in the game for offense instead of running it through him.

They don't care. They also don't care that Reaves burned Murray and his defense all night and blew past him despite Murray being fresh and Reaves having no legs. They'll ignore cause they need to hate.

Just let them be the sad, in search for something to be negative about them.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I agree with JC, the Lakers have an idea where DLO is leaning. V can correct me but if DLO walks the Lakers can’t throw that $18 mil at anyone else. Trade for Murray and retain a salary slot. My guess is that the draft considerations are what is being discussed.

Correct, if he walks, that salary slot is goes with him.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I believe Aaron Mintz will advise DLO to opt out.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
I was hoping they would leave DLO in Atlanta. He’s mentally and physically weak.

Strange statement. He's had a fantastic stretch run.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
zambia wrote:

I am sure Golden State WISHES that DLO was weak willed
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Day wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Don't worry, he didn't actually watch the game, he just needs to bash DLO for not having legs after playing 40 minutes the previous night. He'll ignore Ham taking DLO out after he hit a three and another shot, and he'll ignore that LeBron and Reaves more so controlled the ball mid-way to later in the game for offense instead of running it through him.

They don't care. They also don't care that Reaves burned Murray and his defense all night and blew past him despite Murray being fresh and Reaves having no legs. They'll ignore cause they need to hate.

Just let them be the sad, in search for something to be negative about them.

When guarded by Murray, Reaves needed screens. I saw Murray blow past DLO and Reaves with a sore hamstring.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:26 pm    Post subject:

@VLF: yep, we got no cap space opening up if DLo decides to walk. The only way we have any significant cap space is if Bron opts out as well. If Bron & DLo both opt out, nearly 70m opens up and team salary is ~100m (with 11 on the roster in AD, Rui, Reaves, Vando, Gabe, JHS, MaxL, MaxC RFA caphold & Wood/Hayes/Cam all opting into their player vet min deals).

Early cap projections just came out today and if it sticks then we’re looking at an 141m salary cap. That means we will open up about 35-40m in space with Bron & DLo as cap casualties. Let’s say Bron re-ups on a 2yr 80m deal via his opt out, well then we capped out again. Either way, that’s wishful thinking as is trading Bron this year…and since I’ve been seeing folks discuss it in the free agency/trade thread, just remember Bron has a player option like DLo, so if he’s traded to a destination he ain’t want no part of, he’ll opt out or use it to force a move elsewhere…and if that’s the case, what team would send anything of value for a potential 20-30 game Bron rental? The same obviously applies to DLo.

Anyways, I digress…I hope our FO has a pulse on what DLo/Mintz want to do and if it’s a pay raise that they can’t stomach, then they better utilize him as an asset before he takes flight this summer.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:28 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
zambia wrote:

The 3 pointer against GSW, was ice in his veins.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
MJST wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
zambia wrote:

The 3 pointer against GSW, was ice in his veins.

did it go in?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Ooff 😮‍💨

This is getting sloppy.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1752502160502272279

On a side note, a potential 3rd team has entered the chat??…

Quote:
Windy: They have seven tradable first-rounders, which makes anything possible, but they could also end up being a part of a three-team deal that saves major assets for the future.

If they do make a deal, it would likely be for a guard -- former Nets All-Star D'Angelo Russell has been among those names floated. With an expiring $20.3 million deal, Dinwiddie is the likely fulcrum in any big move before the deadline.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/39363413/player-most-likely-traded-all-30-teams

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Out of all the guys we need to get rid of. Dlo isn’t at the top of that list.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24
Jump to: