Dejounte Murray: Woj - Lakers/Hawks have exchanged some ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:27 am    Post subject:

I would do something like:

LA Murray

ATL Reaves/JHS/Hayes

Then go ahead and do the Bulls trade works trade machine wise just tried it.

LA Lavine/Drummond/Tcraig

Bulls Rui/DLO/Vincent

Murray/Skylar
Lavine/Reddish/Christie/Windler
Vando/Prince/TCraig
Bron/Vando/Wood
AD/Drummond
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

There's been zero indication the Lakers have any interest in Lavine. All year long it's been reported that they would have more interest in DeRozan and the current talk is that they’re completely out on Zach. Not sure why fans keep running with that narrative.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:39 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
^That’s all aggregated from Dan Woike’s LA Times article…

Quote:
NBA insiders said the Hawks, in their discussions with the Knicks, talked about a Dejounte Murray trade with Atlanta seeking Immanuel Quickley and a first-round pick.

Murray is a player who definitely has the Lakers’ interest, and the Hawks certainly would ask for Austin Reaves initially in those talks. The Lakers, though, have shown no interest in trading Reaves despite some defensive regression this season, and even if they did flip him for Murray, there’s real skepticism that it would “move the needle” — a phrase you hear a lot when you talk to people about the Lakers and their deadline plans.

If the cost to get Murray is a first-round pick and a win-now young player (the Raptors elected for two of those players in lieu of a first-round pick in their trade of OG Anunoby to the Knicks), the Lakers can’t really meet it without Reaves. Sources say there have been no discussions about trading Reaves.

Max Christie, the second-year guard who has played his way into the rotation, has value and fans around the league, but his restricted free agency this summer suppresses some of his worth.

Either would be more of an accessory in a trade than a centerpiece. The real star the Lakers can offer is their 2029 first-round pick. If the Lakers were to unprotect or lightly protect the selection, there’d be some value there. It is, of course, hard to imagine the five-year plan for this current Lakers roster, some kind of reckoning eventually coming after building around James at this stage of his career.

The Lakers’ cache of draft capital includes that pick, the ability to swap picks in 2026, 2028 and 2030, second-round selections and, in a fun wrinkle, their 2027 first-round pick should it fall between 1 and 4. The Lakers sent that top-four protected pick to Utah last year as part of the Russell Westbrook deal, but the team also can trade the protected portion so long as the team isn’t in danger of trading future first-round picks in consecutive years.

Murray is probably the biggest name, in terms of known interest. Zach LaVine, long rumored to be on the trade market, isn’t usually a name that comes up when talking to people about the Lakers’ interest because of his contract and injury history. The trade market for him around the league, sources say, is so rough that the thought is Chicago should have to add stuff in a LaVine trade to get off the contract.

There doesn’t seem to be a player worthy of the Lakers making an “all-in” offer that wouldn’t be a wild overpay.

Other veteran guards on struggling teams — Malcolm Brogdon, Terry Rozier and Tyus Jones — could be backcourt upgrades. A 3-and-D role player like Dorian Finney-Smith also could fill a need.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/newsletter/2024-01-13/where-things-stand-with-the-lakers-heading-into-trade-season-lakers

Way too much roster turnover (& can Jeanie stomach the associated future tax bills) but imho I don’t feel like this current roster has a a legitimate shot in advancing in the playoffs this year anyways.

Have Chicago attach assets to Lavine’s bloated deal and reroute that to ATL for Murray.

LA: LaVine, Murray, AC, 3 vet mins from ATL/Chi (ie like WesMatt & TCraig)
ATL: Chicago FRP, LA 2029 FRP & swaps, Gabe, JHS
Chicago: DLo, Rui, Reaves, Prince, LA SRPs

FYI: the numbers should work towards salary matching & our 1st Apron hardcap and all the players involved should allow in-season roster compliance

3 guard lineups? Ham hacked you?

^Nah, the Lakers have been hacks in honoring AD’s forward requests. Their backwards thinking has me convinced that we probably won’t ever see AD as anything but a C that can’t demonstrate his dominance defensively out in the perimeter. And if that’s the case, you need defensively athletic capable dudes out in front of AD providing him some relief on the defensive end as the frontline resistance before he meets them in the paint.

Dejounte as of late has dropped off considerably on the defensive end, but he began his career is one of the better perimeter defensive players. Give him AD and maybe a reverts back to what he used to be. Dudes also capable of being a bucket, so he provides us a potential perimeter 2-way guy that we currently do not have.

Zach had shown that if he’s surrounded by good capable defenders he can provide some on that end. And on the other end, he could also be a bucket.

We’re already familiar with AC’s defensive contributions & dude has proven to work off Bron well offensively.

If you give AD those type of offensive players, he doesn’t have to do so much in that end and concentrate primarily on being the DPoY type player he is capable of being.

Obviously, it’s wishful thinking on my end hoping these guys can all give us legit 2-way help along with hoping Jeanie will foot the tax bill, but presently I don’t believe our current roster has nearly enough to avoid yet another water season of our LeBrow pairing, so somethings gotta give.

Also it’s wild to me that Bron has proven in his younger years to be successful as part of a 3 star max level combo, yet now that he’s older, we want to champion a duo instead giving the a deeper roster of “others”… we deep alright…deep in 💩.

Russ wasn’t a good fit, but go with what works…Bron has shown he’s still capable and like the bubble and the IST this year, LeBrow has shown they can go to work as long as you don’t wear them thin along the line…so bring them a better 3rd option(s) and maybe we can “Final”ly show some consistency in getting deep into the postseason.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Hawks vs Spurs right now on TNT, scouting how Murray plays 👀
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Lavine and Murray would be lateral moves and are both terrible moves going forward.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:25 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
There's been zero indication the Lakers have any interest in Lavine. All year long it's been reported that they would have more interest in DeRozan and the current talk is that they’re completely out on Zach. Not sure why fans keep running with that narrative.

DeRozan is like Westbrook. He needs the ball to be effective and he can’t space the floor for AD and Lebron. The only way you can utilize him is giving him the ball and the green light off the bench. AR can do that and proven clutch player and can easily fit with any lineup combo.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Lavine and Murray would be lateral moves and are both terrible moves going forward.

Better ceiling if Lakers can pull that. Limited role players like Bruce Brown will have a workout cut out for them.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Better ceiling if Lakers can pull that. Limited role players like Bruce Brown will have a workout cut out for them.

Yeah Brown going to have a workout allright from laughing when all of AR/Murray and THA KANG all need the ball in their hand becuase NONE of those guys are catch and shoot.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Dejounte is a rebounding machine in his auditions today.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Yeah Brown going to have a workout allright from laughing when all of AR/Murray and THA KANG all need the ball in their hand becuase NONE of those guys are catch and shoot.

The King has 4 rings and he might have his one hand full if those guys can get hot instead of simply just warming up the bench buttshifting watching a role player studding. Lol
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Murray doesn’t move the needle for me. He’s also dealing with a hamstring issue this season.

Last edited by Clark Kent on Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Murray is Russell Westbrook-lite with better range. He won’t put up his usual stat line playing next to LeBron.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

In general. I agree they are lateral moves.

If Bron and Brow want them. It's worth it.

Alot of the championship formula is getting buy in from our core.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

I mean... not exactly sure AD and Bron's track records in pg's the want is exactly stellar.

They should go to Pork Chop and tell him to start D'lo, AR and Vando/Prince along side them while also giving Rui and Wood big mins.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

I mean... not exactly sure AD and Bron's track records in pg's the want is exactly stellar.

They should go to Pork Chop and tell him to start D'lo, AR and Vando/Prince along side them while also giving Rui and Wood big mins.

If Bron doesn't believe the FO has done everything they can to compete for a chip this year. We don't stand a chance at winning a chip.

And I don't think Bron believes in our current roster.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I think dejounte will put up similar numbers. Trae has the ball in his hands a lot..
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
I think dejounte will put up similar numbers. Trae has the ball in his hands a lot..

Dejounte as a third option or being asked to stand in a corner and launch threes isn't worth losing DLO/Austin for, or two first round picks.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Dejounte as a third option or being asked to stand in a corner and launch threes isn't worth losing DLO/Austin for, or two first round picks.

Yup
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

What's wrong with Dejounte as a third option as long as he's being involved and attacking in transition and downhill?
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:40 pm    Post subject:

god i really hope we dont do anything dumb at the trade deadline. the only adjustment we need to make if any is firing darvin. its that simple. the roster as constructed can compete for a chip if we have the right coach at the helms
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:04 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I prefer Trae .

Why? He's a 6ft James Harden... A career 43% fg shooter and very turnover prone (4.2 per). Not to mention he takes like 20 shots per game. Who provides you nothing on the defensive end. Not even just size alone.

He is also dishing out 11 assists per game and gets to the line 8 times a game(we badly needs that)
Obviously the hawks won’t be stupid enough to trade him to us
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:25 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
I prefer Trae .

Why? He's a 6ft James Harden... A career 43% fg shooter and very turnover prone (4.2 per). Not to mention he takes like 20 shots per game. Who provides you nothing on the defensive end. Not even just size alone.

He is also dishing out 11 assists per game and gets to the line 8 times a game(we badly needs that)
Obviously the hawks won’t be stupid enough to trade him to us

More like we don't have enough to land a guy like Trae... Trae one of the biggest reason why that Hawks team has not gone any where. Also his usage rate is high. Trae is not worth the farm.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

Irwin 2 days ago:

https://x.com/16and0/status/1747845885768221043

Buha today:

https://x.com/theathletic/status/1748406945315488165

So basically Irwin’s a reliable insider, even got the scoop down to the very last detail before Buha who works with Shams.

Btw Irwin calls his YouTube vid, the Lakers Lounge. Is he a poster in LG? 🤔
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:14 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Irwin 2 days ago:

https://x.com/16and0/status/1747845885768221043

Buha today:

https://x.com/theathletic/status/1748406945315488165

So basically Irwin’s a reliable insider, even got the scoop down to the very last detail before Buha who works with Shams.

Btw Irwin calls his YouTube vid, the Lakers Lounge. Is he a poster in LG? 🤔

That's already a lot. I would definitely not add Reaves
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:23 am    Post subject:

That trade would make absolutely no sense for Atlanta. They have no use for Russell and JHS has zero value. So they would essentially be trading Murray for a first-round pick 5 years from now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 4 of 24
Jump to: