Coach Ham or Trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What option will make us better?
Replace Ham as coach
82%
 82%  [ 38 ]
Make a trade to shuffle the squad
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 46

CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:10 pm    Post subject:

We need both. Coach with a championship pedigree or plenty of playoff experience. And we need proven playoff players.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Get rid of Ham. Imagine knowing what got you to the WCF and refuse to do it again because you're dumb and/or stubborn

Last edited by danzag on Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Adrian Griffin is available. Doc is making Griffin look like a good coach.

Budenholzer, that guy that actually has a ring and who looks much better compared to Doc, Griffin, and Ham, is available.

Good option
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:39 pm    Post subject:

If I'm the Raiders, do I let the Chargers beat me so they keep Brandon Staley?

These are the kind of thoughts that cross my mind.

But I've also said that we have decent players that just need to be coached more consistently so I'm not shocked if they beat anybody.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject:

Not a fan of the poll…voted for changing coach…because it obviously depends on the specifics of the trade or the coach replacement. Either way, one of the moves likely doesn’t result in a ship so why bother? It’s not my poll so I’m just a participant but would’ve liked to see a third option that indicated neither is enough to reach the goal…a Ship…so both a coach change and trade is needed.

The Bulls are rumored to want 2FRPs for Caruso so I’d like to offer JHSfino + a 1stRdPic/2ndRpPic with Vincent/Hayes for Caruso/Drummond (sorry Jaxson, really like you man and appreciate the game against the Keltics ). I believe Wood can do what Jaxson did and more but both would be 3rd string deep bench whereas Drummond would be a viable C2 and improve one of the Lakers weakest areas…rebounding…plus provide a bruiser back up for bigger C and allow AD some PF time. That’s the trade part.

For the coaching part. Replace Ham with Budenholzer (is it possible to just demote Ham to assistant?) to get minimal adjustments since Ham was a product of his and also get Ship winning experience.

I think those move gets the Lakers a Ship!

AD/Drummond
LBJ/Rui
Vand/Prince
AReaves/Cam
Dlo/Caruso

Wood/Max deep reserves
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

If you want to make an argument for Ham. Last night would serve as an example of what Ham would do with a young team that didn't have any 'superstars'.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If you want to make an argument for Ham. Last night would serve as an example of what Ham would do with a young team that didn't have any 'superstars'.

I don't credit Ham at all for the win yesterday. I credit the win to Reaves, Dlo, Hayes, Vando and Rui playing hard at both ends of the court.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:53 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

It was a fluke win against a team that didn't take us seriously. We would beat the Steph/KD Warriors on occasion during the tanking years.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Last night was a single game. If you draw broad conclusions from a single game, you are probably doing it wrong.
Strokke
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject:

The team is better than last year, and we gave Nuggets their best challenge. Meanwhile, their team is worse.

Step 1 would have been fire the coach a month ago and THEN evaluate if you need to make trades.

But our ownership screwed up and now has to try to make the tough decision without any real data about how much the Ham situation is impacting the team's performance.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject:

Strokke wrote:
The team is better than last year, and we gave Nuggets their best challenge. Meanwhile, their team is worse.

Step 1 would have been fire the coach a month ago and THEN evaluate if you need to make trades.

But our ownership screwed up and now has to try to make the tough decision without any real data about how much the Ham situation is impacting the team's performance.

? The Lakers were the only team not to win a game against the Nuggets in the playoffs.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:33 am    Post subject:

I wonder those 8 that choose to say Trade is the answer change there mind knowing that we do have enough in this team and coaching is really the reason why we are in the position we are in atm.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:56 am    Post subject:

Ham is so freaking bad bro. He benched our best players for Cam freaking Reddish and TP. He needs to be fired for malpractice and banned from coaching any team ever again. Even high school or grade school.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: