The win vs. the Celtics is evidence the Lakers have an attitude problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:34 pm    Post subject: The win vs. the Celtics is evidence the Lakers have an attitude problem

While I'm happy about the short-handed Lakers beating the Celtics, it's also maddening at the same time.

We've now beaten the Celtics, Pacers, Pelicans, Cavs, Mavs, Thunder (twice) and Clippers (twice). Even when we've lost to teams like that, we've usually competed hard and lost by single digits.

But we've also come out totally lackadaisical against so many seemingly inferior teams, almost as if the team thought all it had to do to win was to show up.

To me, this says that, while the Lakers have some roster deficiencies, their roster isn't why their record is so mediocre. It's their attitude.

.500 teams usually don't lose so often against bad teams and get blown out while playing well and beating good teams more than a few times.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: The win vs. the Celtics is evidence the Lakers have an attitude problem

slavavov wrote:
While I'm happy about the short-handed Lakers beating the Celtics, it's also maddening at the same time.

We've now beaten the Celtics, Pacers, Pelicans, Cavs, Mavs, Thunder (twice) and Clippers (twice). Even when we've lost to teams like that, we've usually competed hard and lost by single digits.

But we've also come out totally lackadaisical against so many seemingly inferior teams, almost as if the team thought all it had to do to win was to show up.

To me, this says that, while the Lakers have some roster deficiencies, their roster isn't why their record is so mediocre. It's their attitude.

.500 teams usually don't lose so often against bad teams and get blown out while playing well and beating good teams more than a few times.

That’s literally what the Celtics did today lol. Wouldn’t look too much into this game, we just caught a team sleeping. Let’s sit Lebron and AD and see if we can keep up a .500 win pace trying to emulate what we did today. Spoiler: we won’t
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:42 pm    Post subject:

I’m convinced the attitude problem starts with LBJ.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it's a coincidence this team fell off after they won the tournament. If your job hands you a good chunk of your salary upfront you probably won't be as motivated to show up everyday to work.

I do feel like this team can flip the switch but they need to stay healthy and create chemistry. Hopefully things turnaround like they did last year in February.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The win vs. the Celtics is evidence the Lakers have an attitude problem

Brawn13 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

That’s literally what the Celtics did today lol. Wouldn’t look too much into this game, we just caught a team sleeping. Let’s sit Lebron and AD and see if we can keep up a .500 win pace trying to emulate what we did today. Spoiler: we won’t

The Lakers still had to come out and earn this win. Their lead disappeared in the second quarter, but they regained it. I think Boston woke up after that, but the Lakers kept fighting hard and held them off.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:27 pm    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
I don't think it's a coincidence this team fell off after they won the tournament. If your job hands you a good chunk of your salary upfront you probably won't be as motivated to show up everyday to work.

Which is part of why I say they have an attitude problem. If they got fat and happy after winning that tournament, that's terrible. The only team win that counts is the world championship. You can spend all summer feeling fat and happy after you earn the Larry O'Brien Trophy.

A big difference between amateurs and professionals is professionals always show up to work, while amateurs only show up when they feel like it.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:03 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:30 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

This is exactly it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Every player on the floor today had something to prove... nobody really respects their game or expects them to win a game like this... The Underdawgs!

DLo and AR were not just Generals out there, what is above General
AR looks wildly out of control at times but dude handled the rock and never gave it up once the whole game
DLo had one turnover and two steals in 39 minutes with 14? assists

Jax was a totally different player
Rui was Fire

Defense was other worldly in some areas.. insanely fast switching and always helping.. eyes were like a cat in a fight against all odds

Not sure LBJ and AD are ready for the Smoke 💪.
https://fishkernba.com/los-angeles-lakers-vs-boston-celtics-1-feb-2024-full-game-replay/
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:14 am    Post subject:

bryants2hot2handle wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

This is exactly it.

What kind of example does it set for everyone else when your leader doesn’t even bother trying on defense?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

This is exactly it.

What kind of example does it set for everyone else when your leader doesn’t even bother trying on defense?

Don’t disagree but Ham should be limiting Lebrons mins much harder. Dude literally has the make miles on his legs, he’s super human but to an extent.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:27 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

I'm convinced that you're wrong
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:52 am    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

This is exactly it.

Don’t disagree but Ham should be limiting Lebrons mins much harder. Dude literally has the make miles on his legs, he’s super human but to an extent.

Absolutely agree with ALL of this.

As great as LeBron is, this has always been an issue with him. He can be a great motivator...when he's in the right mindset, and engaged. When he's not feeling it, and/or disengaged, he pulls back from the team. And, as the leader of the team, the team follows his example.

I also agree that Rui should be getting more minutes, which would allow LeBron to get the rest he needs during the regular season. More minutes would also allow Rui to play himself into a groove, since his choppy start to the season.

Hopefully this game shows that the team doesn't need to overly depend on LeBron and AD. Stop with the stagnant offense, and get the ball/players moving. When the ball finds energy, it transfers to the players, on both ends of the court. Looking at you Ham...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:59 am    Post subject:

One game. Don't make too much of it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:36 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Agreed! Enjoy the win and move on, the Knicks are next up! GO LAKERS!!
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:05 am    Post subject:

OP post has been my sentiment Even prior to IST championship they lost plenty of non IST games

Look at DLO he didn’t start being aggressive till after getting benched

Reeves I think is getting good shots I see plenty of times gets open quality shots like last year he just isn’t making them regularly like last year.

Vando took a while to get to last years form because of health

All in all I think this team is capable of performing like last year they just need to get pass the mental part of it
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:05 am    Post subject:

All I know is we need to get rid of LBJ before 50,000 points is within his grasp.

No disrespect to what he's accomplished because it's incredible to play this well at his age, but he's only going to continue to decline defensively and I don't want us to be a sideshow featuring his five year quest for 50k.

I think he can do it being a decent player, but I don't want to tie up the salary cap and I want us to rebuild with the younger players and get some picks.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:55 am    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

This is the real elephant in the room. What else do you call it when the leader of the team is stat padding in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss (houston), then sits out against the top team in the East (boston) on national television. However, it's Lebron's farewell tour, and he can stat pad all he wants.

It's not a coincidence the team made the run to the play-in post all-star break last season with Lebron in a boot.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:46 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
strong9 wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

This is the real elephant in the room. What else do you call it when the leader of the team is stat padding in the fourth quarter of a blowout loss (houston), then sits out against the top team in the East (boston) on national television. However, it's Lebron's farewell tour, and he can stat pad all he wants.

It's not a coincidence the team made the run to the play-in post all-star break last season with Lebron in a boot.

Cant bring it in yourself to say, nope the team made its run when the blood sucking vampire Brick was removed from the team.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

I agree 100%. That is why I'm not thrilled about the Celtic victory. I know what's coming...we win, we lose, we win, we lose. Fans are happy, then mad, then happy, then mad. While our inconsistency is partly to blame on the head coach, it seems the Lakers tend to play better when Lebron isn't on the floor. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I remember once Lebron saying it's okay to coast through the regular season. The younger Lakers seem to be hungrier and more gritty when they play without Lebron. Also, they seem more relaxed and willing to expand their usual effort and play up to their capability. Why that happens, I don't know. I don't know if Lebron intimidates them, berates them, whatever. Fans are not at practices or sitting on the bench or in the locker room. But I really suspect that Lebron does something mentally to his teammates that prevents them from playing to their potential.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:06 am    Post subject:

While I agree that there is an attitude problem, how does it start with Bron? He brings consistency every night with an all-around game. He may not be the best defensive player anymore, which is understandable given he is nearly 40. The role players proved tonight that the attitude problem resides with them since they rarely play at this level (outside of AR, DLo, and Vando). The defensive intensity was at a fever pitch from the jump, and that set the tone. That is the identity of this team, and they cannot expect to just rely on offense to win games. The problem is that they seem to be simply content with getting in the play-in and going from there (maybe trying to conserve more energy than last season at this point).
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:41 am    Post subject:

This win was more about the Celtics losing interest as soon Bron and AD was declared out. Typical trap game for them.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:56 am    Post subject:

Celtics partied the night before but a win is a win. National TV, pressure situation and the backcourt responded. Hayes too, where that energy came from?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:59 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

I'm not sure you read what is written you think the poster is just talking about one game.

It seems you just read the title.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:18 am    Post subject:

This is literally why no one can stand Laker fans, reminds me of that other fan who said we were gonna go on a long winning streak, we had a great win last night but it’s just 1 game, being 25-25 is nothing to get excited about we are either gonna be a play in team or send our lottery pick to New Orleans, the real issue with our team isn’t attitude it’s that our players lack that fire and passion and LeBron isn’t blamed for that
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: