Iran attacks Israel
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Israel has hit Iran, Iraq and Syria with retaliation attacks.m

Iran has cleared the air space around their missile launch sites as they are expected to launch a retaliation strike back at Israel
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Netanyahu is causing big problems for President Biden. He's ignoring his suggestions to de-escalate. It's time for him to end weapons supplies. I agree with this quote
Quote:
Biden officials worry that Israeli response to Iran's attack may trigger wider war. President Joe Biden has privately expressed concern that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to drag Washington into a broader conflict, according to three people familiar with his comments.5 days ago

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Netanyahu is causing big problems for President Biden. He's ignoring his suggestions to de-escalate. It's time for him to end weapons supplies. I agree with this quote
Quote:
Biden officials worry that Israeli response to Iran's attack may trigger wider war. President Joe Biden has privately expressed concern that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to drag Washington into a broader conflict, according to three people familiar with his comments.5 days ago

Bibi is an unhinged nut job, Israel's own personal mullah who will stop at nothing to retain power.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

Bibi is an unhinged nut job, Israel's own personal mullah who will stop at nothing to retain power.

Bibi is Israel's own version of George W. Bush. There are so many similarities, especially the advanced knowledge they supposedly had of the Oct. 7 and 9-11 attacks.

Remember Bush saying that he was a "war president?"

Last edited by slavavov on Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

His political survival relies on him staying in power.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:18 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
strong9 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

Bibi is Israel's own version of George W. Bush. There are so many similarities, especially the advanced knowledge they supposedly had of the Oct. 7 and 9-11 attacks.

I really resent him for putting Biden and our country in this position.

He keeps escalating.

I am not a fan of Iran. They have committed crimes against humanity. But you don't blow up embassies or consulates.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:
strong9 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

He keeps escalating.

I am not a fan of Iran. They have committed crimes against humanity. But you don't blow up embassies or consulates.

I also hate Iran. It's an S-hole country. But while I would side with Israel in this conflict, it has the wrong leadership, and yeah, that leadership is putting our country in a bad position.

My biggest fear is that this could all cost Biden November's election, which would have much, much greater consequences.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:
strong9 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

He keeps escalating.

I also hate Iran. It's an S-hole country. But while I would side with Israel in this conflict, it has the wrong leadership, and yeah, that leadership is putting our country in a bad position.

My biggest fear is that this could all cost Biden November's election, which would have much, much greater consequences.

That's part of Bibi's plan. Trump will give him carte blanche. He is playing the US but only because the US lets him. Presidents in the past stood up to Israel when interests diverged. No American president will do this now.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:13 am    Post subject:

The Israeli attack plays into the hands of the Iranian hardliners. They now have justification to continue nuclear weapons development.

Both Hamas and Netanyahu achieved their goals. They've polarized their factions further and have galvanized yet another generation into implacable hate.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
The Israeli attack plays into the hands of the Iranian hardliners. They now have justification to continue nuclear weapons development.

Both Hamas and Netanyahu achieved their goals. They've polarized their factions further and have galvanized yet another generation into implacable hate.

Putin, as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Quote:

I'm not a fan of the term S-hole country. Mainly because of the originator of the phrase.

I agree Biden allowing his support for Israel to endanger a 2024 election win is a reality. As I've said many times, he's caught between a rock and a hard place. I'm going to hold on to he'll make the difficult decision and take a hard line on supporting Netanyahu. He has to clarify his continuing support for Israel but not Benji's handling of the war with Hamas. I liken his position to JFK's and the Cuban missile crisis.

From what I've read and heard Israelis don't support Netanyahu and his approach to the war. Unfortunately, he'll hold office until 10/26.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Nuclear armed countries don't get bombed by other nuclear armed powers.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Putin, as well.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject:

Honest question, what are the downside risks of taking a "harder" line with Israel. There is the reaction at home during an election year, I get that. But does it really embolden Israel's enemies if the approach is measured? I'm trying to understand the reticence here beyond them being an ally. Of course, its not like we hold many (or any) of our allies truly accountable anyways.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject:

I don't remember a president being under as much pressure as President Biden. The deck is stacked against him, Trump at home Netanyahu abroad, and an election on the horizon. America, take heart, he's handling it as well or better than expected. Most presidents get gray while in office, Biden is balding.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Honest question, what are the downside risks of taking a "harder" line with Israel. There is the reaction at home during an election year, I get that. But does it really embolden Israel's enemies if the approach is measured? I'm trying to understand the reticence here beyond them being an ally. Of course, its not like we hold many (or any) of our allies truly accountable anyways.

$. Not just AIPAC donations to our legislators. But Israel is a big part of our military industrial complex. I learned a long time ago. When my charter high school got $ from defense spending because of our partnership with NASA and JPL.

Disproportionately, the $ goes into the pockets of the Cheaney's of the world. But also our military spending is a jobs program. And it’s a black box with little to no transparency. The excuse is, “we can’t tell you where the $ is going because it is a matter of national security”. Aircrafts, missiles, satellites, tanks are built and never used. They sit in hangars and storage facilities. And with the way the contracts are set up, even if there is plenty of inventory, more is made year after year. We pay a fortune just housing, securing and maintaining the stuff. So if there is a conflict that somewhat justifies the spending, that's a plus. And if we can offload any of it to allies that’s a huge plus.

And those are the things that actually make it out of development. Don’t get me started on the billions spent developing new weaponry that doesn’t pan out and stays in development indefinitely.

In terms of the historical reasons. I recommend you read this:

LINK

There are historians who've dedicated their lives to the topic. Long before Oct. 7. Written countless books. And teach at the best universities in the world. Who can explain it much better than I can.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:40 am    Post subject:

Issuing arrest warrant threats is saber rattling. Making an arrest would be meaningful.

Israeli officials concerned about possible ICC arrest warrants as pressure mounts over war in Gaza
By Josef Federman and Samy Magdy | AP
April 29, 2024 at 8:08 a.m. EDT

LINK

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: