** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm2: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/22/24) **
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:51 am    Post subject: ** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm2: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/22/24) **

Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets
Ball Arena • Denver, CO | Monday, Apr. 22, 2024 • 7:00 PM PT

- Western Conference Play-Off Round 1/ Gm2 -

*TEAM ROSTERS:(link)

*INJURY REPORT: link
    Los Angeles Lakers

Denver Nuggets

* MEDIA:
    TNT, NBALP, SPECSN,
    Radio: ESPN LA 710/KWKW (S)

……….. FRY the NUGGETS!!
      …….. LET’S GO LAKERS!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:52 am    Post subject:

MUST WIN!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:55 am    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS

PLAY HARD, PLAY SMART!!!!
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: ** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm2: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/22/24) **

pio2u wrote:

Los Angeles Lakers

Denver Nuggets

* MEDIA:
    TNT, NBALP, SPECSN,

……….. FRY the NUGGETS!!
      …….. LET’S GO LAKERS!!

I must say, I appreciate your dedication since joining this board. I used to make Game Threads, but I'm happy I stopped. I used to put so much effort into them.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:30 am    Post subject:

I expect Denver to have the lead the entire game
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:29 am    Post subject:

Lakers F/C Christian Wood is planning to return to action in Game 3 vs. the Denver Nuggets on Thursday in LA, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. A key boost to Lakers frontcourt. Wood, out since Feb. 14 due to knee injury, has averaged 7 points and 5.1 rebounds this season.

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1782097227080495504?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: ** Play-Offs Round 1/ Gm2: Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/22/24) **

DShotMaker1824 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Los Angeles Lakers

Denver Nuggets

* MEDIA:
    TNT, NBALP, SPECSN,

……….. FRY the NUGGETS!!
      …….. LET’S GO LAKERS!!

I must say, I appreciate your dedication since joining this board. I used to make Game Threads, but I'm happy I stopped. I used to put so much effort into them.

Feel free to jump right on in at anytime (next game, if you want), EVERYONE'S welcome to participate. Thx
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:33 am    Post subject:

JUST WIN LAKERS!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:35 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Lakers F/C Christian Wood is planning to return to action in Game 3 vs. the Denver Nuggets on Thursday in LA, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. A key boost to Lakers frontcourt. Wood, out since Feb. 14 due to knee injury, has averaged 7 points and 5.1 rebounds this season.

https://x.com/shamscharania/status/1782097227080495504?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Glad to hear CW back. Any Vando news?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

Expecting a similar result to game 2 of last year… It’s close for most of the game but then Denver pulls away when they actually get serious.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Glad to hear CW back. Any Vando news?

Nope and furthermore...

Darvin Ham says Christian Wood is still going through his rehab process after undergoing knee surgery in February and “still have a couple boxes to check” before LAL would consider using him against the Nuggets

https://x.com/mcten/status/1782118729565749442?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject:

We beat Denver in 2020 because we were bigger than them. We were the biggest team actually. Pelinka downsized the team and never replaced Howard with another big. Even though we're "smaller", we were still good enough to handle most teams except Denver. Denver could bully us with their size but a team like Phoenix could have enough firepower to outscore them. Lakers with only Bron and AD scoring isn't going to cut it.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to be brutally honest...

I think it would've been less embarrassing to lose in the play-in than get swept again by the same team for the 2nd year in a row.

Nothing's changed. The Lakers can't defend them, and some of the same players the Lakers are relying on are disappearing again.

The Lakers really sat on the same team(apart from minor role players) and thought things would be different.

The Lakers weren't championship contenders last year, and they're not this year.

The Lakers got a lucky break last year dealing with a MEM team without Steven Adams and a hobbled Ja and a GSW team on it's last legs.

ENOUGH with the minor changes.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

I think it would've been less embarrassing to lose in the play-in than get swept again by the same team for the 2nd year in a row.

Nothing's changed. The Lakers can't defend them, and some of the same players the Lakers are relying on are disappearing again.

The Lakers really sat on the same team(apart from minor role players) and thought things would be different.

The Lakers weren't championship contenders last year, and they're not this year.

The Lakers got a lucky break last year dealing with a MEM team without Steven Adams and a hobbled Ja and a GSW team on it's last legs.

Agreed. The Lebron/AD duo has run its course. Lebron is great for his age but it’s just not enough to compete with the top duos in the league.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Japago wrote:

Agreed. The Lebron/AD duo has run its course. Lebron is great for his age but it’s just not enough to compete with the top duos in the league.

AD and Lebron ain't the problem. Our guards aren't better than Denvers.

Maybe if Ham switches up the lineups where Gabe starts over DLO we get some more balance but that wont happen.

If we had actually developed Christie im 100% he'd be great for this series. He's our best perimeter defender at the guard spot but Ham being an idiot didn't give him time on the court during the season.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:29 pm    Post subject:

The team that plays the best defense will win. If the numbers say Gabe is the best defender on Murray then use him.

Why isn't Murray being picked on more? He is their weakest defender. They should relentlessly and methodically isolate him on someone he can't defend most trips down the floor. If he needs to work hard on defense that will also take away from his energy to create on offense.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Status quo for the injury report for tomorrow’s Game 2, with LeBron and AD both probable and the four guys who’ve been out still out.

https://x.com/lakersreporter/status/1782167735021015374?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Still waiting for mentally strong DLo to show up. He's got two games left to do it. Bron and AD alone cannot carry the team against 10.

To beat Denver, we needed a serviceable big like Howard. We lost Howard and never really replaced him with another big. You guys still laughing at Minny for giving up all those assets for Gobert?

Our slim hope of winning the series is to just outscore them so we definitely need "regular season" DLo to show up. I hate to rest our hopes on DLo but this is what our FO signed up for when they decided to keep DLo.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject:

This is our real chance to make this a series. The Lakers are going to throw everything they have at the Nuggets now. I expect the Lakers to once again have the lead. Based on Game 1, they defended the Nuggets better than they ever have since the losing streak started. The question is whether they can build on that defensive performance. If they maintain that defensive performance from Game 1, the Lakers have a very good chance of winning Game 2.

And for the love of god Lebron. I better not see him pull the same (bleep) he did in the second half of Game 1. HE is the biggest reason we lost the lead and 100% the biggest reason we couldn't make some sort of real comeback in the 4th qtr. Post-game interview he is talking about how he doesnt let doubts creep into his mind. Thats the biggest pile of crap Ive heard because his body language and his actions showed he was the FIRST and only one to let go of the rope when the game was still in the balance.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Don’t get your hopes up. They’re the defending champs and were a 7th seed. Expecting a different outcome is really showing your Laker bias. We may get a game but that’s it.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Don’t get your hopes up. They’re the defending champs and were a 7th seed. Expecting a different outcome is really showing your Laker bias. We may get a game but that’s it.

I'll take a game at this point. Just no sweep
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

From what I seen, laker have to get Gordon in foul trouble early again and keep him in foul trouble, he kills the lakers on rebounds. I’d also add try to get porter in foul trouble.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:28 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

We are gonna waste another great season from AD and LeBron if we lose to the Nuggets, there is no happiness in going home in the 1st round
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

We are gonna waste another great season from AD and LeBron if we lose to the Nuggets, there is no happiness in going home in the 1st round

How would it be a waste? They aren’t a championship caliber duo anymore. We wouldn’t be a 7th seed with them being as healthy as they were this season if that were the case
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:33 pm    Post subject:

We gotta win one and make it a series!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 1 of 62
Jump to: