JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:02 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
It's terrible to me that there are still Lakers fans who don't support Lebron and are impatiently waiting his exit. (LOL as he's entering his 7th season with the Lakers)
With that said the Lebron only fans who really don't care about the Lakers and are just hanging around to glaze the man are just as bad if not worse.

Bad news for both.

Lebron is happy with the Lakers and has been adamant about his desire to finish his career here. An Jeanie has been clear on doing whatever it takes to make that happen $$$$$$
AND YES Lebron and AD will have their jerseys retired for the 2020 chip guaranteed.

To those that still don't believe in Lebron and AD's loyalty to the franchise Maybe its time to change teams?
clippers?

Ungrateful, spoiled
Lebron, to this date played up to his max contract, even at 39 years old.

He can go. Ready for the rebuild.

Spoken like someone who isn't a fan of a currently rebuilding team. A rebuild run by Pelinka and Jeanie Buss is going to be a (bleep) nightmare.

How do you know? You a GM?
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Can't beat them with D'Lo playing bad.
Can't beat them with D'Lo playing good.
Can't beat them in a close game.
Can't beat them with a 20 pt lead.

Can't believe you about to snap a 300 game losing streak to the Nuggets, you got a 20 pt lead... and you freaking fold like this. Just wow. At least hopefully D'Lo got that monkey off his back. Maybe we can actually hold serve, but this feels very similar to last year. The idea that we can hold serve, only to see Denver excecated in crunch time, even in LA. So don't hold you breath Laker Nation.

Yup. This kind of loss will test the will of the strongest. I don't know how you can overcome something like this. In control for 30 minutes, even in the 4th they were up 89-81 after LBJ's back-to-back triples. Only to see something like this happen.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:43 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
We are too damn small. We have to fight and claw for every rebound and turn on the jets on every drive because of their length and athleticism.

It’s wearing us down because our baseline level of effort has to be higher than there’s at all times because they have the physical advantage everywhere

I said early in the season... Ham and the lack of athleticism from our starting backcourt will cost us in the playoffs.

Been 2 biggest reason so far were down 0-2.

Yup, anyone on our team besides Lebron and AD can be contained by the Denver defense without help.

Denver is quick and long enough to bother DLo and Reaves with the ball and even when they use screens.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:00 am    Post subject:

I still can't believe DLO got a forearm shiver to the face, it was called a foul on the floor, and was overturned because it's apparently legal to slap a shooter in the face? I can understand refs on the floor missing something but the replay center with obvious evidence that supports the call on the floor? Fouls get called all the time on contact after a shooter lets the ball go. WTF is the NBA doing? Even if they say it's not a shooting foul we have seen flagrant 1 calls for plays like that and at a minimum it's a loose ball foul to slap someone in the face if they say it occurred after a shot went up.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:08 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
I still can't believe DLO got a forearm shiver to the face, it was called a foul on the floor, and was overturned because it's apparently legal to slap a shooter in the face? I can understand refs on the floor missing something but the replay center with obvious evidence that supports the call on the floor? Fouls get called all the time on contact after a shooter lets the ball go. WTF is the NBA doing? Even if they say it's not a shooting foul we have seen flagrant 1 calls for plays like that and at a minimum it's a loose ball foul to slap someone in the face if they say it occurred after a shot went up.

It was Bs. How is DLo getting whacked in the head after his layup attempt any different than a defender in a shooters landing space? Landing on a defenders foot and getting hit in the head mid air and are both dangerous.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:28 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
ducasse wrote:

It was Bs. How is DLo getting whacked in the head after his layup attempt any different than a defender in a shooters landing space? Landing on a defenders foot and getting hit in the head mid air and are both dangerous.

I rewatched the 2nd half specially after we went up by 20… Refs were trying to control the game but lost control of it in the 4th quarter. I knew the Nuggets was going to make some type of run. But the refs had a hand in it for sure.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 am    Post subject:

Insane they overturned that Dlo call. That’s been a foul all season and sometimes even flagrant of the player embellishes. What the hell happened there. There was nothing marginal on that play
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:56 am    Post subject:

Denver had an off-shooting night and AD activated god mode and we still couldn't capitalize.

I think it's as simple as having a big like Howard and we would own the Thuggets. Why oh why did Pelinka have to change the makeup of a championship team? Gasol/Harrell was clearly a deviation from Howard/McGee. Absolutely brainless.

Defense and rebounding win championships!!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:

The refs seem to be in love with Jokic and bending over for Mikey Malone. Brings back bad memories of chumps like Bennett The Rat Salvatore and Tim Donaghy.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:46 am    Post subject:

Tough loss is an understatement. Up by 20pts and they let it slip away.

Once they started playing passive and taking and missing bad shots you could see it developing though. Lakers did what they have done for the past couple years. Play really well for a spurt and then play like crap for others. Totally inconsistent and unable to sustain a high level of play.

Have to give the Nugs credit though. They did what good teams do. They weathered the storm and chipped away until they got back into the game.

They are simply the better team. A contender, while the Lakers remain an overhyped pretender as constructed.

Next game will say a lot about the character of the Lakers. Will they battle even more and steal a win at home or just collapse and get run off the court?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:01 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Denver had an off-shooting night and AD activated god mode and we still couldn't capitalize.

I think it's as simple as having a big like Howard and we would own the Thuggets. Why oh why did Pelinka have to change the makeup of a championship team? Gasol/Harrell was clearly a deviation from Howard/McGee. Absolutely brainless.

Still living in 2020……
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:52 am    Post subject:

I said Bron took an ill advised 3. Something was brought to my attention this morning. Game was tied there was too much time on the clock when he took the shot. If he was going to take the 3 he should have run the clock down. There was 15.7 on the game clock and 10 on the shot clock. He could have run 8 or 9 seconds off the clock. FF the video to 8:50. We blew a 20 point lead in 10 minutes.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 am    Post subject:

Can we just win a (bleep) game against these guys? We keep finding new ways to blow big leads and dont give me the crap that oh they just decided they wanted to (bleep) win and so they did. (bleep) that garbage Denver are the better team. They're not the 2018 (bleep) Warriors. How the (bleep) do you blow a 20pt lead like that?

I just want ONE (bleep) win. For (bleep) sake I'd rather we get dominated every game by 30 pts. At least then it'd be obvious their just on another level.

We keep (bleep) ourselves over every damn time.

WIN ONE DAMN GAME.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2 more losses and hopefully the play-in merchant era will be over.

We know Klutch is going to gut the team to get Trae Young and have the same thing happen again. Insanity.

The problem is and will forever remain moving forward that LeBron and AD can no longer lead a team to a chip.

Gutting the team for Trae won’t do jack (bleep) other than put us back in the lottery. The problem is so obvious.

Love ur tears… every post… few more years of tears love it

It’s ok buddy. One year you will learn basketball and realize. Maybe when your LeBron/Klutch owned Vegas expansion team end up being Hornets 2.0

Till then I am gonna enjoy every crying post of urs.. love it

Bron2AD wrote:

Who the hell is the coach. All game long they look disorganized and unprepared.

Rui …(bleep)
Ar (bleep)
Everyone else (bleep)…

This you?
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Insane they overturned that Dlo call. That’s been a foul all season and sometimes even flagrant of the player embellishes. What the hell happened there. There was nothing marginal on that play

Exactly. The problem isn't whether the foul was called or not. Sometime they miss calls. The problem was that the call was overturned. And it did impact the game and maybe the outcome. You get two points there and it changes the momentum.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Bron2AD wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
2 more losses and hopefully the play-in merchant era will be over.

We know Klutch is going to gut the team to get Trae Young and have the same thing happen again. Insanity.

The problem is and will forever remain moving forward that LeBron and AD can no longer lead a team to a chip.

Gutting the team for Trae won’t do jack (bleep) other than put us back in the lottery. The problem is so obvious.

Love ur tears… every post… few more years of tears love it

It’s ok buddy. One year you will learn basketball and realize. Maybe when your LeBron/Klutch owned Vegas expansion team end up being Hornets 2.0

Till then I am gonna enjoy every crying post of urs.. love it

Bron2AD wrote:

Who the hell is the coach. All game long they look disorganized and unprepared.

Rui …(bleep)
Ar (bleep)
Everyone else (bleep)…

This you?

Go back to crying about lebron + ad + klutch so I can enjoy those tears
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject:

^^^^CAT FIGHT

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:30 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
It's terrible to me that there are still Lakers fans who don't support Lebron and are impatiently waiting his exit. (LOL as he's entering his 7th season with the Lakers)
With that said the Lebron only fans who really don't care about the Lakers and are just hanging around to glaze the man are just as bad if not worse.

Bad news for both.

Lebron is happy with the Lakers and has been adamant about his desire to finish his career here. An Jeanie has been clear on doing whatever it takes to make that happen $$$$$$
AND YES Lebron and AD will have their jerseys retired for the 2020 chip guaranteed.

To those that still don't believe in Lebron and AD's loyalty to the franchise Maybe its time to change teams?
clippers?

Ungrateful, spoiled
Lebron, to this date played up to his max contract, even at 39 years old.

He can go. Ready for the rebuild.

Spoken like someone who isn't a fan of a currently rebuilding team. A rebuild run by Pelinka and Jeanie Buss is going to be a (bleep) nightmare.

Know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em. The Lebron/AD era is cooked. They need a prime Klay Thompson type of player to save them, and there isn't one in the NBA at the moment. Someone who can drop 40 on 2 dribbles and defend on the other end. That player doesn't exist.

On top of that we need a center next to AD. Someone like Zubac would've been perfect in this series (thanks Magic). Too much work to be done and not enough time. I'm ready for a new era. Rebuilds are ugly but I've already moved on from whatever this is.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD wrote:

We have higher standards here than play-in champions.

I got a question for you, trying to see your basketball acumen:

Who is at fault in the Philly situation?

Edit: trust me, im not crying…im tired of the fake “superstars” that we have. I’m sure when they are down in G3, they will make up injuries.

(bleep), even Worthy and Horry are tired of the garbage.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 pm    Post subject:

We've shown we have the ability to beat the Nuggets. We have to finish the games. They got us at the end because we were gassed. The Nuggets have home court advantage. They're used to the altitude, we're not. Darvin did a good job as could be expected with timeouts to rest the troops but 5,280′ won again.

Some are blaming the officials for Philadelphia and the Lakers loss. This is a discussion I've had with my friends. My stance is 10 men in excess of 200 pounds, 6'5" and above moving fast. Arms flailing, bodies running one another, elbows flinging, and three human beings trying to officiate a noncontact contest. NBA officials are correct roughly 90 percent of the time. They're human and will make mistakes. Unfortunately, sometimes mistakes affect the outcome. NBA officials have one of the hardest jobs in sports. Of course, like any profession, there are good and bad, and some shouldn't be on the floor.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
We've shown we have the ability to beat the Nuggets. We have to finish the games. They got us at the end because we were gassed. The Nuggets have home court advantage. They're used to the altitude, we're not. Darvin did a good job as could be expected with timeouts to rest the troops but 5,280′ won again.

On the contrary, the Lakers have not shown they can beat Denver since December 2022. Regardless of venue, regardless of altitude, regardless of regular vs postseason, regardless of the number of timeouts Ham has or hasn't used (the bolded part is patently false since he failed to use 2 timeouts in the final minute last night).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
jodeke wrote:

On the contrary, the Lakers have not shown they can beat Denver since December 2022. Regardless of venue, regardless of altitude, regardless of regular vs postseason, regardless of the number of timeouts Ham has or hasn't used (the bolded part is patently false since he failed to use 2 timeouts in the final minute last night).

Opinions are like (Y) holes everybody has one. I respect yours and respectfully disagree. Key term, ability. The next game is at Crypto. I think we'll win. We have HCA. I forgot about the timeouts Ham didn't use. Maybe he should have called a timeout to set up the last play.

Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:40 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Still living in 2020……
We defended ok. We didn't rebound though.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Can we just win a (bleep) game against these guys? We keep finding new ways to blow big leads and dont give me the crap that oh they just decided they wanted to (bleep) win and so they did. (bleep) that garbage Denver are the better team. They're not the 2018 (bleep) Warriors. How the (bleep) do you blow a 20pt lead like that?

I just want ONE (bleep) win. For (bleep) sake I'd rather we get dominated every game by 30 pts. At least then it'd be obvious their just on another level.

We keep (bleep) ourselves over every damn time.

WIN ONE DAMN GAME.

They're just really good, like the 2014 Spurs or 2017 Cavs. Our team has clear mental lapses that those kinda teams eat up.

The problem also is guys like Gordon and MPJ making timely clutch plays while our role guys fade or fumble several times. All those little things add up even if LBJ/AD play really well. Plus we have an idiot like Ham coaching us, imagine if LBJ had those two timeouts worth of rest, maybe he hits that 3 at the end.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Exactly. The problem isn't whether the foul was called or not. Sometime they miss calls. The problem was that the call was overturned. And it did impact the game and maybe the outcome. You get two points there and it changes the momentum.

The thing is they're letting them play this year in the playoffs. Every game has been like this so far. It's pretty sweet to see some grit back in the NBA.

You guys only see it as an issue when it goes against the Lakers. But when AD pushed Jokic in the back and the foul wasn't called, I bet you guys don't even recall that or when LeBron got a pass from out of bounds and he pushed the defender to get open and there was no call. Both those fouls were way worse than the one on dlo. Man up and win these games, the refs weren't the ones who lost a 20 point lead

Also, ham had the chance to challenge a call too and just didn't. That's on the coach and no one else
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 61 of 62
Jump to: