Looking very prophetic

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Looking very prophetic

Ha! I called this series from the get-go. Said it had all the makings for a repeat of LA vs Detroit from '04. Looking very prophetic at this point in time. Shaq playing without any energy, because he's having to cover for all of the piss-poor perimeter defense. Which then leaves him too tired to fight for post position. Because he's rarely in post position, the "other guys" rarely look for him and settle on jumpers, even though they can't shoot.

Then there's Wade. Realizing the supporting cast is being badly outplayed, his team can't defend the Mavs ball-movement+dribble penetration+Pick and Roll, and that they themselves can't get a good shot off due to the quick rotations - Wade decides he has to be the dominant force. Except they have a lot of different players to throw at him defensively. So, he finds himself trying to be the energy, the entire perimeter defense, the defacto PG, AND the go-to guy when they have to score to keep the game close. The results are Wade looking very tired and almost ball-hoggish.

In both circumstances, the coaches have failed to take Kobe and Wade off the ball to allow them easier opportunities to score.

This series isn't over. But Dallas has a stranglehold on Shaq's #4.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking very prophetic

magic_bryant wrote:
Ha! I called this series from the get-go. Said it had all the makings for a repeat of LA vs Detroit from '04. Looking very prophetic at this point in time. Shaq playing without any energy, because he's having to cover for all of the piss-poor perimeter defense. Which then leaves him too tired to fight for post position. Because he's rarely in post position, the "other guys" rarely look for him and settle on jumpers, even though they can't shoot.

Then there's Wade. Realizing the supporting cast is being badly outplayed, his team can't defend the Mavs ball-movement+dribble penetration+Pick and Roll, and that they themselves can't get a good shot off due to the quick rotations - Wade decides he has to be the dominant force. Except they have a lot of different players to throw at him defensively. So, he finds himself trying to be the energy, the entire perimeter defense, the defacto PG, AND the go-to guy when they have to score to keep the game close. The results are Wade looking very tired and almost ball-hoggish.

In both circumstances, the coaches have failed to take Kobe and Wade off the ball to allow them easier opportunities to score.

This series isn't over. But Dallas has a stranglehold on Shaq's #4.

I called a sweep at the start and i will stick by it, their getting (bleep) slapped upside their heads and snaq will erupt.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

Good for you.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject:

Heres Your prize
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: