SPL Game 7 LA vs. WAS (7/18/2006) [Bynum 10-10 FG, 25 points, 11 boards]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers399
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

But you still can't go over 40 min
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

lakers399 wrote:
But you still can't go over 40 min

that reminds me of a quote
Quote:
Mikki Moore [unintentionally explaining Detroit's troubles this season]:
"We have to play hard for the full 40 minutes." Informed a game goes for 48 minutes: "48? Oh, that's right. 12-minute quarters."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I want to see Da Ocho and other guys talk about how this performance isn't even "dominant" :roll:

Bynum is the real deal. He only needs some time. He has all the tools and will develop the skills because he works very hard and wants to be an All-Star. At 18, he has another 5 years of hard work ahead of him - but if he puts in he will be a remarkable player.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Was Blatche playing C for the Wiz?? Any recaps?
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Wished Washington would have played Ramos but I don't think it would have mattered. Andrew killed him last game anyway.

All I know is anyone that says Bynum hasn't improved from last season is a fool. Last years SPL we were celebrating 10 & 10 performances from him. Expecting him to score 20 plus on anyone was a giant stretch. I definately think he will be ready for 15 minutes per game this coming season. He's right on track developing in my opinion. He's still got a long way to go before he is a starter but he should be able to hold his own against backup 5's in the league.

I bet this was a exciting game to watch. Andrew having to even try guarding a versatile big like Blatche would be interesting.

Last edited by Freakout on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
JP_Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Was Blatche playing C for the Wiz?? Any recaps?

They listed him at center, but he really played point forward, he did not guard Bynum for any significant time. The dude handles the ball and shoots threes. Didn't display much of a post game.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Think we should try to pick up Blatche after the summer if his contract is up. The guy would do real good in the tri. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Bynum grow up together on the Lakers.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
WOW! The guy is unpredictable. Hope he can put together two good games in a row. Gotta be patient with him, real patient.

16 and 11 for Farmar, hopefully he'll make me change my mind about him.

Well, we have to remember that in the last game, he had played 6 games in 8 days. When you then consider all that muscle and growth just since last year, that's a lot of weight he's not used to carrying around, and it's going to cause him to be tired.

He's clearly not tired today. I hope he's dominant tomorrow.

25pts. 11rbds. 2 blks. 3 assts. 2 stls. That's a NICE day at the office.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yeah, I want to see Da Ocho and other guys talk about how this performance isn't even "dominant" :roll:

Bynum is the real deal. He only needs some time. He has all the tools and will develop the skills because he works very hard and wants to be an All-Star. At 18, he has another 5 years of hard work ahead of him - but if he puts in he will be a remarkable player.

Well then. Blatche must be KG after his 38 pt, 12 rebound effort the other day, huh?

Bynum is good. He'll be a starter in the league. He'll be lucky to see an all-star game.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Bynum...Farmar...Green...

It looks like Pinnock had his usual solid game. With Green having 2 standout performances in a row, it's obvious that he's not willing to give up his roster spot just yet. It'll be an interesting battle between Green and Pinnock (and Profit if he's healthy) when training camp rolls around.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Think we should try to pick up Blatche after the summer if his contract is up. The guy would do real good in the tri. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Bynum grow up together on the Lakers.

Anyone remember me SCREAMING for LA to draft Bynum at 10, Blatche at 17? (assuming we were getting the 17 in the Bender deal)

All last summer.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Well then. Blatche must be KG after his 38 pt, 12 rebound effort the other day, huh?

Bynum is good. He'll be a starter in the league. He'll be lucky to see an all-star game.

If Bynum can eventually put up a consistent 15/12/2 effort every night, that'll be more than enough.
lakers399
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

You don't know how good Blatche will be yet. Ask the Wiz fans if they'll trade Blatche for anyone not named Kobe, and I bet they'll say no. They are just as high on Blatche, as we are on Bynum.
RocknRoll
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Any word on Farmar? Were most of his assists to Bynum?
JP_Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:

RocknRoll wrote:

A handful of them were. He looks for 17, that's for sure.
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Farmar is good. Consistently good. Even wehn playing with injury.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RocknRoll wrote:

16 and 11. We'll have to wait for the rest of the LGers to get back home to get a better picture of how everyone played.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

magic_bryant wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

remember blatche did that in 44 minutes
he also had 16 FT attempts
he also took 6 3pt attempts. he made one. a center should not be shooting threes.
also his team lost.

P.S. it was against the maverics worse summer league team. they sent their good players to vegas
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

Anyone remember me SCREAMING for LA to draft Bynum at 10, Blatche at 17? (assuming we were getting the 17 in the Bender deal)

All last summer.

We could have gotten him instead of Wafer too in the 2nd round.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:

It looks like Pinnock had his usual solid game. With Green having 2 standout performances in a row, it's obvious that he's not willing to give up his roster spot just yet. It'll be an interesting battle between Green and Pinnock (and Profit if he's healthy) when training camp rolls around.

Green's looking solid and he's young, he has much more upside than Profit. Green is taller than Pinnock, this give's him the edge. Pinnock can be stashed in Europe until Sasha comes off the books.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

10scott10 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

remember blatche did that in 44 minutes
he also had 16 FT attempts
he also took 6 3pt attempts. he made one. a center should not be shooting threes.
also his team lost.

P.S. it was against the maverics worse summer league team. they sent their good players to vegas

One thing most folks say after watching Blatche is that he's no center.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Green's looking solid and he's young, he has much more upside than Profit. Green is taller than Pinnock, this give's him the edge. Pinnock can be stashed in Europe until Sasha comes off the books.

I know the Lakers' coaching staff is enamored with Green, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck Pinnock in Europe for a year and brought him back in 07/08.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

All last summer.

Yes! I do remember that. Too bad Bird screwed us!
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

I know the Lakers' coaching staff is enamored with Green, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck Pinnock in Europe for a year and brought him back in 07/08.

The main thing is they keep him, unless something better comes up.
RocknRoll
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

I love this Farmar-Bynum duo. It sounds very promising for the lakers future. Green had a great game too. Somehow, he is a great rebounder.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12
Jump to: