Question for people with iPods
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

^^^

the other day i was eating lunch at a restaurant and asked the waitress for iced coffee. she told me they didn't carry it.

i stared at her for a second.

then i said "well i'll tell you what. bring me a cup of coffee....and a glass of ice...and i'll do the rest". i think i made her feel dumb.

another time i was setting up a tivo for my brother and went to circuit city, best buy, and comp usa. each place answered my question differently and when i figured it out i realized that ALL of them were wrong. idiots.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I have a Monster FM transmitter and, for me, it works great. It also keeps your ipod charged while in use. It has buttons for setting 3 stations, which I did, but I have yet to have to switch to another station. I have no problem with static and the sound quality is great.

Just my .02
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Do yourself a favor, if you're going to buy a FM transmitter...

Macally POD-FMTF

JD, how is the high end when you use it? I've found that even if you can get a clear channel on the transmitter, the high end is still 'fuzzy'.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject:

I get clear reception on my Griffin I trip. Ive got mine set to 104.7 and havent had an issue. However, my friends ipod gets a lot of reception with his I trip(video/version). At first, we checked his antenna connection(in the car) and it still sounded bad...next we tried it on a newer car(since he drives a bucket like me..lol) and STILL sounded bad..

Not sure what it is. ..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
If you have a tape deck, you can buy a cassette tape adaptor. It will give you the best sound option, if your deck isn't equipped with an Aux input.

The other option, is a FM transmitter. I did a lot of research and found the best bang for the buck is the Macally POD-FMTF. It smokes the Belkin and iTrip. Plus, you can use it in your car, or at home as it comes with a wall plug-in power supply. I have one and don't have any complaints.

Does it hook into the earphone jack, or only through the IPod connector? I have a Dell and it can only hook up through the headphone jack.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Hooks into the earphone jack.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Mongo wrote:
JD wrote:
Do yourself a favor, if you're going to buy a FM transmitter...

Macally POD-FMTF

JD, how is the high end when you use it? I've found that even if you can get a clear channel on the transmitter, the high end is still 'fuzzy'.

Yeah... there's some high-end loss, though I wouldn't call it "fuzzy". However, that's not a big deal to me, as my ears are extremely sensitive to high frequencies. It drives me up a wall, to hear how guys set their EQs these days, driving the treble to its upper-limit. I feel like my eardrums are going to burst.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: