NBA Live 07 vs. 2K7 vs. NBA 07

View previous topic :: View next topic  
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: NBA Live 07 vs. 2K7 vs. NBA 07

Which one are you guys gonna get? I'm going with Live 07, because NBA 07 sucks, even though Kobes one the cover. I was thinking of 2K7, but since I've been using Live and 2K7 raised their prices, I'll just stick with Live.

P.S. Can anybody make one of those custom covers for Live 07, with Kobe on the front?
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

2K7. I haven't liked Live since Live 2000.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and I won't be getting NBA 06 due to the fact that I don't have a PSP or PS2 and I hear the PS3 is gonna be way expensive
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Well I play the games on the PC so I have to stick with Live 07. I think Id prefer 2k though.
joshman445
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

if i get a NBA game i will get NBA live 2007, i try to get NBA live every other year...and i didnt get 06...so i need to get 07..but i might wait for it to get cheaper...
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Guys, I just watched a video of 2K7, and I'm a staunch EA fanboy. I'm hear to tell you, "Don't pass on 2K7." Every little detail, down to something as simple as Josh Howard doing these quirky ass dribble moves and 2-3 spin moves into a layup is down pat. Just really uncanny.

IGN.com insiders account is all you need, 20 bucks, and you watch the Masterbit Theatre, an HD vid of a full quarter of gaming between Suns-Heat.

Truely amazing.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

NBA 2k7 demo will be out at 2am pacific time late tonight.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

2k7
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
2k7

2k huh? we'll have to see about that.

everyone knows the war between live and 2k has to do with arcade vs sim.

we know Live is more on the arcade side then sim. and we know 2k is pretty much a sim. But whats usually the problem with sims? They move stiff like. Same for 2k hoop games. the player movement is stiff.
So okay, you're not ice skating like old live. but now you're doing the robot cross over. I would rather ice skate.

if 2K ever moved fluidly like nba live. there wouldn't be anymore NBA LIVE. until 2K creators figure this out. then the war will continue.

Now to side with EA on some things. what they said they will have in the game sounds pretty darn realistic to me. guys that are not superstars becoming them during clutch moments after you feed them the rock enough times during the game.... Uh.... thats realistic. See robert horry.

Superstars now having a multiple of superstar moves they can pull off at once? uh... i know it took an extra year, but thats realistic. Kobe can dunk on you, hit a 3, and throw a sweet behind the back pass. the Dynasty mode is supposed to be a lot betteer. which is where live has been losing forever. I still to this day dont understand how you can work under the same umbrella called EA. and not borrow Madden's basic dynasty/owner mode makeup and port it to nBA LIVE. just doesn't make sense to me.

Hopefully they will have demos of both on the 360. So i can make a pre-assessment.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

2k7 players don't move like robots they move realistically.

http://www.2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/
http://sports.ign.com/articles/679/679438p1.html

To me its not even a contest. 2k is always better. I will give live 07 a rental to see if its good like I do every year, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
2k7 players don't move like robots they move realistically.

http://www.2ksports.com/go/gamerschoice/
http://sports.ign.com/articles/679/679438p1.html

To me its not even a contest. 2k is always better. I will give live 07 a rental to see if its good like I do every year, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

the video isn't going to prove anything but that it looks great. I already know that. I need to control the game myself. and then when can say if its robotic movement or not.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

BTW the NBA 2k7 demo that will be released late tonight is.

Mavs vs. Heat

One 2 minute quarter.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject:

OMG. This game is GREAT!!! I love it. 2K7 all the way.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:

Mavs vs. Heat

One 2 minute quarter.

Is it available for download on Xbox Live?

Typically I don't play any sports video games at all. I might buy one every 4-5 years. I may rent both of them just to check them out, though.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
eureca wrote:

Mavs vs. Heat

One 2 minute quarter.

Typically I don't play any sports video games at all. I might buy one every 4-5 years. I may rent both of them just to check them out, though.

Yes. Go download it. Do it. NOW!!! It's amazing. I love the game.

The jumpers are AMAZING. They even have Devean George's jumper. I mean, comeon, DEVEAN...GEORGE!!!

No dunking. I may have had 3-4 dunks within 20 games, though I'm a former Live fanboy, so I spent most of the time trying to relearn the controls.

Defense is AMAZING. You can hold left or right on the right analog and you'll "shade" the opposition making for a more difficult pass. Quickly press down on the right analog and you'll beat the offensive player to the spot.

Dribbling. Oh man. I LOVE the way you perform dribble moves. Holding the Right Trigger is your "aggression" button, then you can move with the left analog and it will perform the dribble move that you want. VERY nice.

On the dribbling, if you try to do too many dribble moves, you'll find that when you go to make your move, the ball will "pop out" and you'll have to quickly retrieve it.

Something I don't think many will notice, after players make a shot or something, they'll ACT just as they do. I had D-Wade, who I hate, and shot his jumper And-1. When the ball went through, he started bouncing slightly and nodding his head.

Josh Howard does all of his crazy "postup, to spin move, to post up, to attempted dunk turned funny looking layup" moves that he always does.

Truely amazing. The movements are no longer "sluggish". One of my all-time complaints with 2K was that the characters always seemed to move sluggish. No more. They move PERFECT.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Exick wrote:
eureca wrote:

Mavs vs. Heat

One 2 minute quarter.

The jumpers are AMAZING. They even have Devean George's jumper. I mean, comeon, DEVEAN...GEORGE!!!

No dunking. I may have had 3-4 dunks within 20 games, though I'm a former Live fanboy, so I spent most of the time trying to relearn the controls.

Defense is AMAZING. You can hold left or right on the right analog and you'll "shade" the opposition making for a more difficult pass. Quickly press down on the right analog and you'll beat the offensive player to the spot.

Dribbling. Oh man. I LOVE the way you perform dribble moves. Holding the Right Trigger is your "aggression" button, then you can move with the left analog and it will perform the dribble move that you want. VERY nice.

On the dribbling, if you try to do too many dribble moves, you'll find that when you go to make your move, the ball will "pop out" and you'll have to quickly retrieve it.

Something I don't think many will notice, after players make a shot or something, they'll ACT just as they do. I had D-Wade, who I hate, and shot his jumper And-1. When the ball went through, he started bouncing slightly and nodding his head.

Josh Howard does all of his crazy "postup, to spin move, to post up, to attempted dunk turned funny looking layup" moves that he always does.

Truely amazing. The movements are no longer "sluggish". One of my all-time complaints with 2K was that the characters always seemed to move sluggish. No more. They move PERFECT.

for good measure i saw the videos/interviews, about how they have everyones shot in the game. including bench guys. thats a sweet idea.
and i've also seen the comparisons between the real kobe turn around and the video game kobe. pretty close to spot on if you ask me. but like i said, it has to play right though. otherwise it will just be a nice game to watch the cpu play itself.

Any, I'll come back with my report tonight or tomorrow. i downloaded the demo this morning before i headed off to work. I turned it on just to move it around a bit. and i will admit its a lot less robotic then in the past. of course sinse i'm a live guy the controls are all off. You know what else i hate? when you're used to playing madden/ncaa football how they changed the control for switching players to (B) on the 360 or square i think on the ps2. So now when you play basketball(live or 2k) it throws you off. because the switch player thing is the red button on 360, and the same corresponding X button on the ps2. i mean it really bothers me. thats why i wish they would've kept the controls for all the sports basic stuff the same.

quiet as kept the reason us older heads can still play these games is because us older guys are creating the games and the controllers. and realize, not to mess with the controls much. because thats what gets you off the games. when you realize you're running out of fingers to press buttons and it gets to confusing. you just give up and say good bye to gaming. so, if the controllers stay similar for the next 30 years. I will be an old grey haired dude playing Live 2038 with my grandkids. and probably beating them. trying to play with kobe in a legends game.... Imagine that.

Last edited by postandpivot on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:

postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
drzucchini wrote:

^^if ya got something to say Van, just say it 8)
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Exick wrote:
eureca wrote:

Mavs vs. Heat

One 2 minute quarter.

for good measure i saw the videos/interviews, about how they have everyones shot in the game. including bench guys. thats a sweet idea.
and i've also seen the comparisons between the real kobe turn around and the video game kobe. pretty close to spot on if you ask me. but like i said, it has to play right though. otherwise it will just be a nice game to watch the cpu play itself.

Any, I'll come back with my report tonight or tomorrow. i downloaded the demo this morning before i headed off to work. I turned it on just to move it around a bit. and i will admit its a lot less robotic then in the past. of course sinse i'm a live guy the controls are all off. You know what else i hate? when you're used to playing madden/ncaa football how they changed the control for switching players to (B) on the 360 or square i think on the ps2. So now when you play basketball(live or 2k) it throws you off. because the switch player thing is the red button on 360, and the same corresponding X button on the ps2. i mean it really bothers me. thats why i wish they would've kept the controls for all the sports basic stuff the same.

quiet as kept the reason us older heads can still play these games is because us older guys are creating the games and the controllers. and realize, not to mess with the controls much. because thats what gets you off the games. when you realize you're running out of fingers to press buttons and it gets to confusing. you just give up and say good bye to gaming. so, if the controllers stay similar for the next 30 years. I will be an old grey haired dude playing Live 2038 with my grandkids. and probably beating them. trying to play with kobe in a legends game.... Imagine that.

I'm a huge Live fan. Never liked 2K's games. But this one is amazing, man. I absolutely love it. The robotic feel is gone. They have DG's jumpshot. I mean, COME ON!!!

Also, if you ask me, the players even "run" differently. I watched DG run up the court, as opposed to say Devin Harris, and it really looked like a different animation.

This is what NBA basketball games should feel like.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:

This demo is sick man. It makes me want my pre order from the 25th for the game more. I cant wait to play as all the teams and obviously the Lakers. Mavs are pretty sweet to play as also. Dirk's post up fade works well. I love that you cant cheese anymore and dunk all the time.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Quick question for those who have downloaded the demo.
Is the signature shot style only for 360 and PS3? Or will that feature also be available on the PS2 and XBOX?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

madsen35 wrote:
Quick question for those who have downloaded the demo.
Is the signature shot style only for 360 and PS3? Or will that feature also be available on the PS2 and XBOX?

Well theres over 300 sig moves for the 360, but I remember hearing that there might be some for the xbox and ps2 versions. Other then that though there hasnt been any info on the xbox and ps2 versions. You might have to wait till sites review those versions to see if its good or not and what stuff it has.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Way to many flaws with the 2k7 demo...heh to bad Live will probably be even worse.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:

From what I hear it might be an old build since the crowd is more lively on some of the newer IGN videos among other things.

What I notice that I dont like that might be different for the release, because can easily be fixed with the sliders. Well is that when some one beats me to get to the rim and is contested at the rim its usually a foul calll. Well this is Miami im playing so I guess they might have wanted it even more realistic and give them calls every play
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject:

It actually is an old build.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: