iTunes v7.0 sucks ass - DO NOT DOWNLOAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: iTunes v7.0 sucks ass - DO NOT DOWNLOAD

Installed iTunes 7.0. Doesn't recognize my iPod unless I plug it in and reboot the computer. If I eject it and try to reconnect, I have to go through the same process (reboot w/ it plugged in). Once it reboots and sees the iPod it tells me the software on the iPod needs to be updated. I tell it to update and it acts like its updating, but then I can see the iPod unmount after about 10 seconds and the only way I can get the iPod updater to quit is to stop it with Task Manager, which says it has stopped responding.

Yeah... Apple is such a superior product. They have such an awesome R&D department. :roll:

And yes... I've already wiped it off, deleted every trace of it, tried reinstalling several times. Tried going back to an earlier version, but Stevie Boy doesn't want you doing that, so he makes it imposible, by converting the library to 7.0, which isn't recognized by earlier versions.

Thanks Steve for screwing up my system.

Last edited by Bergamotichek on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

i never update..not since they tried blocking p2p on ipods..
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm so (bleep) pissed off right now. I've literally been doing nothing but trying to get this to work, since about 3:00 this afternoon.

I tried asking on the support site, but I get dumbass answers like, "Try formating your iPod, that should work". HEY... I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO REFORMAT MY IPOD. Another guy, said... "Well, why did you download it? You should have waited to see what the solutions were." Gosh... I keep hearing what a great product Apple always puts out... they have this HUGE media event to roll out their new products, one of which is announcing this latest and greatest version of iTunes... I expect it to WORK.

(bleep)... I feel like kicking my dog right now.

Last edited by Bergamotichek on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah... so now I'm left using CopyPod to download 4000+ songs (about 15 GB)... then I'm gonna have to wipe my iPod and start all over.

I'm not even expecting it to work. But, its about the only I have left to do.

Then I've got to see if I can get my wife's Shuffle to work also.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Don't harm the dog, he didn't do anything to you! Go find a Mac and kick it, should make you feel better.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I was about to download it a little while ago, and then got paranoid about wiping my library out, which has some stuff added recently, but I haven't downloaded the new stuff to any of our iPods. I cancelled the download before I started, and moved on to other worthless Internet pursuits. Now to come here and read of your troubles, I sense divine intervention in the aborted 7.0 download...
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

I won't be downloading 7.0 anytime soon then.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:

I found myself briefly mesmorized by your cat biting avatar...
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

thanks for the heads up
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Dorray wrote:

I found myself briefly mesmorized by your cat biting avatar...
Its hypnotic.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the heads up,.. I was about to upgrade to 7.0 on XP. Anybody have a similar issue.

I upgraded to 7.0 on MAC, I had no issues.

JD, did you update your iPod as well (not reformat but update)? Updating took a long time for me,... it looks like every song I had was 're-analyzed' for 'gapless' performance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject:

I tried using an iPod, but it just sucked ass with my Windows laptops (I tried it on several different laptops too), so I returned it. I prefer these other mp3s that will work better with my computers, such as iRiver, Toshiba Gigabeat, etc.

And I never did get the big deal about iTunes. Granted, Windows Media Player is not great, but I have not found any music player, music downloader, and mp3 synchronizer I really like anyways. My mp3 players come with their own system, but none of them are good for anything other than downloading music to my player.

Anyone use something other than iTunes or WMP for their music on their computers?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
JD, did you update your iPod as well (not reformat but update)? Updating took a long time for me,... it looks like every song I had was 're-analyzed' for 'gapless' performance.

It won't let me update my iPod. Apple used to use a stand-alone update for the iPod. However, now its integrated into iTunes, so when I can finally get it to recognize the iPod (by rebooting with the iPod plugged in)... it says I need to update. I try updating and it unmounts/ejects the iPod after 10 seconds.

I've gone to the Apple support forums and there is already hundreds of threads with similar, or the exact same problems. In fact, my thread was already buried 4 pages deep, by this morning.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
TACH wrote:

It won't let me update my iPod. Apple used to use a stand-alone update for the iPod. However, now its integrated into iTunes, so when I can finally get it to recognize the iPod (by rebooting with the iPod plugged in)... it says I need to update. I try updating and it unmounts/ejects the iPod after 10 seconds.

I've gone to the Apple support forums and there is already hundreds of threads with similar, or the exact same problems. In fact, my thread was already buried 4 pages deep, by this morning.

Can you go back to an older version of iTunes? What are the advantages of sticking with iTunes 7? What new features does it have?
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:

Apple R&D is all (bleep) up.

I never ever download any updates, it's too unreliable.

JD, I feel your pain man.

One time, I was updating the songs on my boss' ipod (I had songs on my office computer that he didn't have but wanted). So I plugged in the iPod, and soon enough, it didn't recognize the ipod unless I updated the software on the ipod. So I did it. Lo and behold, the end result was UGLY. As soon as it updated the software, it turned all the songs already on it (about 5,000 songs) collectively into one big word document. WTF!? A word document?

Needless to say, my boss was pissed. He had to take his iPod to a store and get it reformatted. You would think that updating software or itunes would serve its purpose.

I will never, ever update itunes or my ipod software again.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
TACH wrote:

Sounds like I have an arguement waiting for me at home... the wifey upgraded the XP machine after I told her to hold off...
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject:

Flight wrote:
Apple R&D is all (bleep) up.

I never ever download any updates, it's too unreliable.

JD, I feel your pain man.

One time, I was updating the songs on my boss' ipod (I had songs on my office computer that he didn't have but wanted). So I plugged in the iPod, and soon enough, it didn't recognize the ipod unless I updated the software on the ipod. So I did it. Lo and behold, the end result was UGLY. As soon as it updated the software, it turned all the songs already on it (about 5,000 songs) collectively into one big word document. WTF!? A word document?

Needless to say, my boss was pissed. He had to take his iPod to a store and get it reformatted. You would think that updating software or itunes would serve its purpose.

I will never, ever update itunes or my ipod software again.

Ouch. I'm guessing that next promotion might take awhile
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

What is Itunes?

NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: iTunes v7.0 sucks ass - DO NOT DOWNLOAD

JD wrote:
I should have followed ocho's example and given Steve Jobs a reacharound when he asked for one.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Though, Apple hasn't even addressed this yet... word is getting out.

This guy sounds like he's experiencing one of my problems... almost quotes me word-for-word.

I like how he signs off on it.

Quote:
I realize this is short, but I'd just like to say thanks Apple for proving that it isn't just Microsoft software that crashes.

Brian's Tech Blog: iTunes bug discovered
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

JD, did the firmare workaround in the comments section of your link work for you?

What I love is this quote in the comments:

Quote:
Yeah you are right, it isn't only Microsofts software that crashes, it is also other apps running on their very unstable and poorly made OS. You want to blame something blame Windows.

If you can find any other app with the intgration of functionality and general good looks that iTunes has on Windows I would be suprised. Apple is trying to show how good computers can look on an OS that at it's core is ugly. What do you expect?

It's like team USA...no accountability...
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
JD, did the firmare workaround in the comments section of your link work for you?

What I love is this quote in the comments:

Quote:
Yeah you are right, it isn't only Microsofts software that crashes, it is also other apps running on their very unstable and poorly made OS. You want to blame something blame Windows.

If you can find any other app with the intgration of functionality and general good looks that iTunes has on Windows I would be suprised. Apple is trying to show how good computers can look on an OS that at it's core is ugly. What do you expect?

It's like team USA...no accountability...

No... the workaround didn't work for the firmware update.

Also... funy thing about that guy's comments, is the iTunes 6 worked flawlessly. It wasn't until v7 that everything went to (bleep).

I had another guy on the Apple forums tell me, that I probably already had a problem, before I updated and that v7 just made it noticeable. Excuse me? It was working perfectly, prior to that. That means, that yes... your (his) beloved Apple product IS FAULTY. And considering I'm not the only one exhibiting a problem (and there's a multitude of different problems people are experiencing)... then that's just more evidence they released a faulty product without proper R&D.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

has anyone else here had a problem with itunes v7 other than JD?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

^^^

I was just thinking about updating when I saw JD's post and held off. Doing a little research on my own - lots of people seem to be having this problem as there are numerous postings about it all over the place. I think I'll wait for the next version or until I see that this has been cleared up (patched) or there is a decent workaround.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
has anyone else here had a problem with itunes v7 other than JD?

Yeah.. go to the Apple forums. Check out the blog I linked.

You can post a thread on the Apple forum and it'll be bumped down 2 or 3 pages in a very short period of time, because of all the people posting their problems, with this piece of crap software update
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: