Lost Season 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:

^ I could do without the commercial breaks every 3 minutes though.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

DVR then commercial skip
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
DVR then commercial skip

That's how I watch a lot of TV. I'll hit pause, then find something to distract me for 20 minutes or so... then zip, zip, zip... through them all.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
DVR then commercial skip

That's how I watch a lot of TV. I'll hit pause, then find something to distract me for 20 minutes or so... then zip, zip, zip... through them all.

I do the same. I'll watch the opening scene of LOST, then I'll hit pause, watch the sunset, go grab something to eat, come back at 9:35, so by the time I catch up, the show is ending.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I think I got spoiled because of iPod episodes and then the DVDs... I can't stand the commercials either!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject:

Heres my concern...if the others can so easily escape the island...why are they there? It clearly isnt safe for them as Goodwin got killed, Ethan got killed, the girl on the boat got shot by Sun...2 others got killed by kate when they were in the jungle...Henry gale all but got killed by Sayid...is it really worth it to them to risk their lives for what seems as psychological tests?

I think they are stuck on the island more than we think they are...but if they are, how do they know about the Red Sox...and about Jacks past, etc.

These 2 ideas conflict with each other...any other insight?

LD999
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

the only thing that makes sense to me is that the others believe they are doing something that is crutial to the survival of the human race.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
the only thing that makes sense to me is that the others believe they are doing something that is crutial to the survival of the human race.

I think they are there because they can live forever there (Fountain of youth). I think Ben is over a hundred years old - he was born on the island. The island cured that black lady of cancer, gave Locke his legs back, and may even have made Jin fertile. That island may be an experiment but it also may be an experiment that is worth risking their lives for. What else is worth risking your life for than eternal life?

This also may be why they essentially wrote Walt off the script - as a youngster he has had aged much too quick.

And I didn't get this theory from no lost board - this is my own theory - I don't think anyone else has come up with this yet. But then again, I don't think even the writers know what's going on.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:

i like your analysis. However, if it was youth...the wouldnt age, and we all know Rousou's baby Alex has aged quite a bit. The guy with the beard isnt too young himself.

And about walt..i have some feeling he will be back

I think there is something we are missing...are they getting paid by someone? paid well of course
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

I think the "others" are monitoring behavioral patterns....throughout thier life. Once they change their attiude, or die the experement is done.

The others are the "good guys" because they are constantly monitored, or suprivised by another organzation.....and they cant stop doing what they are doing, so they try to get the Lostees to change their attitudes/lifes before they die.

But thats just my theories.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone find it odd at all about how pissed that one guy got when Sawyer and Kate were making out?

Do they not want them reproducing or is Kate "destined" to be with Jack? Whats the deal?
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:

^^ I think it was because they weren't "working" or whatever it is they were suppossed to be doing. It falls under "no talking, no communicating" rule. The Others don't want Kate & Sawyer to communicate and formulate a plan, so they keep them busy chopping rocks.

The Others said they have some sort of outside world contact, but they haven't left the island. Maybe it is because they feel in control on this island, or because they are so comfortable.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

If anyone has seen the movie Saw, the actor who plays Ben is in that movie. At the end of the movie, we're lead to believe that he's the killer and that he was behind the plan the entire time, when it turns out he was being controlled by someone else. I think that's what's going on here. Ben is being controlled by someone else, as somebody already said, and the Others have no choice but to comply.... I think?
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject:

I'm convinced that Jin is the father of Sun's baby...they've supposedly been on the island for 69 days...that's more than two months...

Sun wasn't with the other guy in australia..it was in Korea..at least must have been a few days before coming to Australia..so..70+ days..we're getting into almost 3 months...and she didn't have any signs of being pregnant before that?

its Jin's...but Sun's still a whore...and both her and Sayid should listen to him more..instead of just giving up the boat...what a dumb _at_ $$ move...

The Vodcast said that the black lady (who hasn't appeared this season) is in charge of the others...they also said that there are multiple factions existing in "the others"
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Decent ep tonigt.

Question though. What ever happened the supposed monster on the Island. The black smoke thing? Did they just drop it out of the show without explanation?
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Decent ep tonigt.

Question though. What ever happened the supposed monster on the Island. The black smoke thing? Did they just drop it out of the show without explanation?

no, i think that the creators said that it'll be explained this season. tonight's episode was a bit weird, but kind of cool. excited about next week's though.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject:

GREAT EPISODE

last weeks ep sucked. hard. this weekend they bounced back by making locke a badass again which is refreshing after his season 2 pussification.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

Are we ever going to find out how locke is paralyzed?

what does locke's dream mean? Hurley was working for the airline...so was ben..as well as Desmond..does that bear any significance?

Why was desmond naked and how did he know the future (locke's speech)

What are the implications of the hatch destruction?

I thought the Episode was just okay...I wanted some answers..I guess the story of my life is patience! bynum, farmar, kwame, Lost, 24!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject:

^^imo they're starting to get more into the paranormal aspects of the island.

locke is able to trip on drugs and talk to people and have them actually give him important info.

hurley's deja vu.

desmond knows that locke made a speech of some sort.

these guys are sharing dreams/hallucinations.

btw the locke tripping scene was killer.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

I think Desmond can read people's thoughts now. Hurly's reaction to him was classic.

I'm wondering if Desmond naked and his new power signifies some sort of re-birth for him. He's been given a second chance - what does he do with that chance?

I agree Ocho, VERY good to see Locke back to becoming the hunter again. I can't wait to see him and Ecko tag teaming in knocking the Others around.

The previews for next week look really good.
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I think Desmond knew about the speech because he was there before. In other words he is living this all over again, they all are.

My guess is we will be seeing Michael and son again because I don’t think anyone can leave the Island, not by boat anyway.

What was Ben’s initial response when he found out about their boat? If I recall correctly he said “So what? They will just be going around in circles.”
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
I think Desmond can read people's thoughts now. Hurly's reaction to him was classic.

I'm wondering if Desmond naked and his new power signifies some sort of re-birth for him. He's been given a second chance - what does he do with that chance?

I agree Ocho, VERY good to see Locke back to becoming the hunter again. I can't wait to see him and Ecko tag teaming in knocking the Others around.

The previews for next week look really good.

ooh...good point about desmond.

we also don't know what happened to that chick that Sun shot...are they going to make Jack save her??

I didn't see the preview..blast!
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

go to lostlinks.net for both the US and Canadian previews for next week... The US version made it seem as if Sawyer is getting tortured... the Canadian version makes it seem as if Sawyer is playing Kate.

I like what Ocho said about Desmond. It does seem to signal a rebirth.

I definitely want to see Locke, Mr. Eko, Sayid, Jin and Desmond kick some Other booty.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
GREAT EPISODE

last weeks ep sucked. hard. this weekend they bounced back by making locke a badass again which is refreshing after his season 2 pussification.

Yup, he got some respect back. But it will take a whole lot more before I think of him the same way as before.

WARNING: Spoilers ahead....

What is up with Desmond being all nekid and knowing the future?

And notice it turns out that Locke had a dark past...also. Just like everyone else on that island.

And Hurley avoids death....again? He must have at least nine lives.

Why didn't the Polar bear eat Eko? He doesn't like dark meat, or was saving it for later?
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Dude... I think the polar bear is a mirage... it's really the smoke monster.

Tonight's episode (Oct. 25) was flippin' great. Mind-bending, intense, everything! This season is already better than 2. Lovin' it! And we're getting some answers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: