Lost Season 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject:

i thought it was a great episode...sucks they cut it short. nevertheless, i love the plot twists!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Malcom Renolds is the man...save the shirt..but what can he do now that Firefly is cancelled? a man's gotta pay the bills..

Disappointing semi-cliff hanger...it was all set up for the next episodes..nothing really got accomplished or revealed.
We knew Kate's past and this story did little to add to her character...all they haven't done is REVEAL THAT KATE IS AN OTHER or in cahoots with them..

Well, even though Kate's flashbacks didn't reveal anything about her life on the run, I actually thought that they indirectly revealed that she's an Other. Every episode's flashback has a theme that is relevant to what is going on on the island. The theme of Kate's flashback was that she can lead double lives, and that she's not a slave to love. She might love someone, but at the end of the day she'll still do what's in her own best interest.

That's why I thought her hooking up with Sawyer was just a plot that she was in on, to help the Others to convince Jack to do the surgery. She was in on the whole thing, and knew Jack would find out about it.

Plus, her working for the Others is also why they don't mind that she can get in and out of her cage at will (hasn't anyone ever wondered about that?), and they don't do anything about it. They're watching the cameras at all times, so it's not like they don't know.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Kate's an other?

You guys are reaching there.

And yes... I've read the Kate conspiracy theories. Like I said... people are reaching, trying to put pieces together.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Malcom Renolds is the man...save the shirt..but what can he do now that Firefly is cancelled? a man's gotta pay the bills..

Before Malcom Renolds he was Caleb in Buffy
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

He was Malcolm before Caleb. Firefly was 2002-2003... Caleb was on Buffy 2003.

I was watching Saving Private Ryan a month or so ago... and tripped out. He plays the mistaken identity Ryan... the one from Minnesota, with the two very young brothers.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:

Ah, have to watch for that.

Forgot FF and Buffy ran at the same time. That Caleb character was something.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

He was Malcolm before Caleb. Firefly was 2002-2003... Caleb was on Buffy 2003.

I was watching Saving Private Ryan a month or so ago... and tripped out. He plays the mistaken identity Ryan... the one from Minnesota, with the two very young brothers.

Yeah...I saw that a couple months ago...everyone is in that movie..

I got 10 bucks riding on kate being an other...big money!!
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

My thoughts on Season 3 and the show in general:

-I don't know why people like Sawyer so much. He has no redeeming qualities besides GRUDGINGLY doing the right thing at times. His one-liners aren't that funny, and his accent and his language get boring. He was a dick during season 1... I mean, I really don't understand his appeal.

-Mr. Eko... while he may be a one-dimensional character as someone mentioned here... I think he's by far the best actor on the show.
Locke (season 1) comes at a close second.

-I don't really think anyone gives a crap about Kate's past anymore.

-A severe lack of hot chicks. I'm getting tired of Kate's massive shoulders. She's never smiling anyway, she's always on the verge of crying. No good.

-Season 3 so far is better than Season 2 as a whole, but again, I agree with JD- MYSTERY ON TOP OF MYSTERY. This is just a mystery orgy.

-Whatever happened to Jack's idea about putting together an army? I know Michelle "Worst actress in western civilization" Rodriguez was killed off, but cmon... If you're stranded on an island, at least you could be less lazy and get your stuff done.

This show is just too much. <Interpret this as you will.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Disappointing semi-cliff hanger...it was all set up for the next episodes..nothing really got accomplished or revealed.
We knew Kate's past and this story did little to add to her character...all they haven't done is REVEAL THAT KATE IS AN OTHER or in cahoots with them..

Well, even though Kate's flashbacks didn't reveal anything about her life on the run, I actually thought that they indirectly revealed that she's an Other. Every episode's flashback has a theme that is relevant to what is going on on the island. The theme of Kate's flashback was that she can lead double lives, and that she's not a slave to love. She might love someone, but at the end of the day she'll still do what's in her own best interest.

That's why I thought her hooking up with Sawyer was just a plot that she was in on, to help the Others to convince Jack to do the surgery. She was in on the whole thing, and knew Jack would find out about it.

Plus, her working for the Others is also why they don't mind that she can get in and out of her cage at will (hasn't anyone ever wondered about that?), and they don't do anything about it. They're watching the cameras at all times, so it's not like they don't know.

they allowed it, because they wanted Jack to see her and Sawyer together
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I find it hard to believe that Kate is an "other" based on her character from the first two seasons. But then again this is LOST and anything is possible. It would also be something that almost no one would expect. And they love to fool us. Do you remember the Marshal that was after her and the flashbacks of both of them in the airplane. It would be very hard to work around this is if she is an other.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

For Kate to be an Other, the Others had to have kidnapped/ brain washed her because she was definitely on the plane and had a life before the crash.
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Kate is an “Other” either. But, I wouldn't put it pass her to be in cahoots with them. Kate always does what's best for Kate, in love or not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: