Heroes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

Yeah last episode was damn good, I guess Sylar isn't so invincible after all. Seems like Claire's Father's people caught him.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

It was a good episode, but they really need to have Hiro in each episode at least once.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Correct. Hiro holds the show together, IMO. He and Peter Petrelli.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Hiro really is the show honestly. Almost everyone is interested by him that I've spoken with.

Heh...did you know Scrubs wants to bring Masi Oska back to play the role of the doctor he played before but this time with Hiro's powers? Scrubs is genius. That and wanting to bring David Cross's character from Arrested Development on there too.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
Hiro really is the show honestly. Almost everyone is interested by him that I've spoken with.

Heh...did you know Scrubs wants to bring Masi Oska back to play the role of the doctor he played before but this time with Hiro's powers? Scrubs is genius. That and wanting to bring David Cross's character from Arrested Development on there too.

I love Hiro on the show, but surprisingly the people I have talked to that watched the show hated him I didn't get that.
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Racist!
HungryBear
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:

That was a good episode last night though I do agree that Hiro was missed. I also thought it was a bit too cliche that Peter would get arrested, and will presumably be charged with the murder of the girl.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to tonight's episode.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Lurker-no-mo'
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Heroes is a cool behind show.

I wont spoil it for the WC...but...damn...
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

No doubt, Laker-no-mo.

Anyone know where I can get all 9 episodes? My friend wants to watch it, but missed the first 3 episodes and won't watch it knowing he won't understand what's going on.

Thanks.
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

Try peekvid.com
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

And the cute pixie looking chick bites the dust.

What do you think is happening to Peter? IMO he's having trouble absorbing all these powers and it's getting to him. Do Peter and Sylar have the same power? Except maybe somehow Sylar makes it permanent. And when Peter was in contact with Sylar, shouldn't he have absorbed his powers?

I'm also wondering why the Haitian decided to tell Claire what was going on. He probably disagrees with her father's plan. It'll be interesting to see how Claire plays this...
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject:

I don't think it's really Peter. If we remember he also dreamed that he could fly when it was actually his brother. We already know about the guy that can potentialy self combust that the government believes is a terrorist.
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

Yeah, that radiation dude that killed his Wife.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I think its sylar.....he takes radiation guy power!!!

Remember Peter was holding sylar while they fell. He probably still had some of him in him.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Re Peter:

I think he's sick, because he was in the interrogation room that the radiation guy was. And that's somehow exposed him to it enough that he's suffering from the radiation poisoning.

Re The explosion:

Sylar kills the radioactive guy, taking his powers. Peter then ends up saving the world by killing Sylar. But the problem is that, he takes on Sylar's powers and gets all of Sylar's powers and the powers that Sylar has taken from the others.

And once Sylar is dead, Peter has the radiation powers, and while in the company of all the others, he overloads and spontaneously self-combusts.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject:

The 2nd half-season started off kind of slow, but built up steam, culminating with the invisible guy's introduction.

My brother had refused to watch the show last year, but tuned in Monday with me to see what I had been raving about. Needless to say, he was amazed.
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject:

So Peter is heading to Nevada thinking he would self-combust in an empty test site or something, but Radiation dude is already out there. Thats probably how he'll absorb his power.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject:

casH wrote:
So Peter is heading to Nevada thinking he would self-combust in an empty test site or something, but Radiation dude is already out there. Thats probably how he'll absorb his power.

And so it begins.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject:

am I the only one still watching this show?

nathan is claire's dad? holy crap..

sylar back on the loose, but shot..

Peter able to retain his powers long after contact...

this show is money..
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
am I the only one still watching this show?

nathan is claire's dad? holy crap..

sylar back on the loose, but shot..

Peter able to retain his powers long after contact...

this show is money..

Still watching. I called that Peter would learn that he has the ability to retain the powers.

Likewise, I called that Peter wouldn't be able to control all the powers at once and spontaneously self-combust. And now you have everyone looking for him, because Suresh fears that Peter's powers will become unstable causing something "bad", i.e. a BOMB in NY, to happen.

Love the show. Thankfully, NBC was just desperate enough to give it a shot. 5 years ago, a show like this would have never been given a chance.

The show is everything that X-Men should have been. Unfortunately for X-Men, they only had 2 and a half hours to develop the characters, leaving fans wanting more character development.

Heroes is banking on the character development. They have all the time in the world to develop each character slowly. Where X-Men the comic and X-Men the movie differed was that "connection", the ability to identify with what each character was going through.

Heroes is taking that and running with it, because it has the format - a weekly television series - to create that connection with each character.

Best show on television.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject:

There is something about Nathan that makes me think he is not so nice after all.

They never showed who killed the professor in the Taxi. Only thing we saw was a black hairy arm with a nice wrist watch bashing his hand into the window. We also know that Nathan and Sylar both wear watches and have black hair. Originally the show lead you to believe that Sylar killed him but things are starting to popup.

First you have Nathan wanting the Senator position so bad that he would purposely lie to and about his own brother. I think he would do anything to keep a old crazy professor quiet.

Then you have his ties with Liberman who we know is a bad guy.

He apparently has no problems screwing multiple women behind his wifes back.

Something just isn't right with him.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:

this show IS X-MEN!

peter= rogue
claire's mom= pyro
Claire=wolverine
D.L= kitty pride
Nathan's wife= professor xavier!!! only cuz she's in a wheel chair..

sorry..I'm bored...

btw..its LINDERMAN...
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject:

Nathan just seems too young to be Claire's father, though I guess it's possible.

So does this mean that Sylar and Peter have the same power? Maybe. But it seems like Sylar needs to do something to people's brains to take their power, where peter just needs to touch them.
brutella
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject:

Nathan's a playa...

Yeah I agree with you Freakout, something doesn't seem right about Nathan too. Thats why its so interesting, it could be anything! That damn symbol that pops up everywhere too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: