Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject:

that was kinda bad but cool at the same time
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject:

I can't see it here at work.... What is it?
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject:

^^me neither...what is it? Please, for those of us who are condemned to work in cubicles.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject:

Really not all that great....

Jake Speed, 1986
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject:

i enjoyed that very much
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:

That was posted here a while ago. I don't see why there's Wade hatred. Dude's a good player.
jrod88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject:

Fourplay wrote:
That was posted here a while ago. I don't see why there's Wade hatred. Dude's a good player.

He is a good player but he isn't as good as the media makes him out to be.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject:

jrod88 wrote:
Fourplay wrote:

good enough to play him self to a ring.. no offense wade is a Great player media may hype him up a bit.. but ur in denile if u think wade is only a good player. imo i just call as i see it.
I Love L.A.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
jrod88 wrote:
Fourplay wrote:

good enough to play him self to a ring.. no offense wade is a Great player media may hype him up a bit.. but ur in denile if u think wade is only a good player. imo i just call as i see it.

wade is a crybaby prima-donna who gets a red carpet by the refs. his achievements should have an asterisk next to them. if you wanna know how good wade is there is plenty of olympic tape for you to break down..........
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject:

Fourplay wrote:

It went like this for me:

Wade entered the league as an underated rookie in the shadows of LeBron and Carmelo. I loved the kid.

Shaq got traded to the Heat and suddenly oodles of hatred followed him to Miami. So now that team is marked. But I still like D. Wade.

Then the media of course starts the comparisons to Kobe and Jordan and even sometimes saying Wade is a better player than Kobe. Now as a fan of basketball, I know that is totally absurd. And as a fan of the Lakers, that is an insult. But Wade is still cool.

The Miami Heat won the NBA Finals and so did the hated Shaq. And guess who is the finals MVP? Now the good sportsman inside of me is saying good for you Wade. Shaq isn't what he use to be, and you looked pretty good in the series. The Laker fan in me happen to notice the one sided calls in the kids favor, and cant help but listen to all the criticism about him winning the trophy and how Kobe never did. Now the people of Miami and many others in the world are starting to believe that he is actually a better player. Now as I eluded to before, any fan who loves this sport knows that that is a slap in the face, not only to us, but to all the great players before him. But I still like him.

It's true.

I think the supposed hate toward Wade is overshadowing our hate toward the way the media and fans make him sound. Due to the fact that we now argue that Kobe is still better, and every time the kid gets owned on the court or gets bad publicity, we cheer. Not cuz we hate him, but because it contradicts all the hype.

In short, there is nothing wrong with D. Wade. It's just easy to say people hate him rather than hate the way the media portrays him. In fact, when you don't explain it the way I just did, it's almost impossible to tell the two apart.
I Love L.A.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:

kobesNBA wrote:
Fourplay wrote:

It went like this for me:

Wade entered the league as an underated rookie in the shadows of LeBron and Carmelo. I loved the kid.

Shaq got traded to the Heat and suddenly oodles of hatred followed him to Miami. So now that team is marked. But I still like D. Wade.

Then the media of course starts the comparisons to Kobe and Jordan and even sometimes saying Wade is a better player than Kobe. Now as a fan of basketball, I know that is totally absurd. And as a fan of the Lakers, that is an insult. But Wade is still cool.

The Miami Heat won the NBA Finals and so did the hated Shaq. And guess who is the finals MVP? Now the good sportsman inside of me is saying good for you Wade. Shaq isn't what he use to be, and you looked pretty good in the series. The Laker fan in me happen to notice the one sided calls in the kids favor, and cant help but listen to all the criticism about him winning the trophy and how Kobe never did. Now the people of Miami and many others in the world are starting to believe that he is actually a better player. Now as I eluded to before, any fan who loves this sport knows that that is a slap in the face, not only to us, but to all the great players before him. But I still like him.

It's true.

I think the supposed hate toward Wade is overshadowing our hate toward the way the media and fans make him sound. Due to the fact that we now argue that Kobe is still better, and every time the kid gets owned on the court or gets bad publicity, we cheer. Not cuz we hate him, but because it contradicts all the hype.

In short, there is nothing wrong with D. Wade. It's just easy to say people hate him rather than hate the way the media portrays him. In fact, when you don't explain it the way I just did, it's almost impossible to tell the two apart.

i semi agree with you. i think that wade is manipulitive when the media is concerned. i think he used the shaq vs. kobe thing to bolster himself into the "goodguy". honestly i dont like the guy. he lets the hype get to his head. OVERWADED IS WHAT HE IS !
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:

I agree with a lot of KobesNBA's comments, but three things have really irritated me about dwade:

1. Faking injuries for dramatic effect. Every time this young man hits the deck, he goes into a "I've been struck by a car" pantomime, complete with rolling around, slapping the ground, wincing, and the obligitory gritting of the teeth. The first couple times you see this, you think, "Oh crap, I think Wade is really hurt!" and your thoughts turn to ACL tears, seperated ribs, and other badness. Then he stands up, whinces a couple more times, the refs dry his tears, and he goes to the line. After the 4,765th time in a single season, this routine gets old.

2. The calls this guy got in the playoffs were absolutely criminal. Remember when he punched Dirk in the chest and Dirk picked up a defensive foul? That was awesome.

3. No respect for Kobe. How many times did Wade leave Kobe out of the "top player" mentions during interviews last year (while often including himself)? I realize much of this is done to appease The Big Baby, but he makes himself look like an ignorant jerk, and I think he believes his own hype.

For the record, I also hate the Heat, the city of Miami, and the state of Florida. I still can't believe they retired Jordan's jersey.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

So what is on that link!?!?!?!!?

Don't like him by the way, never did , never will!!!!
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
So what is on that link!?!?!?!!?

Don't like him by the way, never did , never will!!!!

It's a stupid video of Kobe scoring on Wade a couple times in the all-star game, Wade getting a dunk blocked in the FIBA tournament, and then Kobe dunking on Dwight Howard. Mixed in with some unfunny text.

I agree with the sentiment, but the video is pretty dumb.

The funny thing is HRE makes an appearance in the comments section and gives LG a shout out (sort of)!
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

wasnt this posted already...And it was a dumbass video.

Childish hate for someone who doesnt even know you exist is simply pathetic. I could care less for the guy, but hate, or even say dislike, is a bit over the top.

His behavior/demeanor could be judged becuse he is in the spotlight, but dislike him? I dont even know the guy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: