Poor Leinart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Poor Leinart

Dude - that guy did everything he needed to do in this game. I can't believe they lost. That was sick.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:

CHOOOOOOOOKE JOB!!! aHHH crap. Im not even a Cards fan, but I was rooting for him. Poor kicker too..lol he should be glad he doesnt have to fly home..It would have been a LONG flight home....

Id love to be a fly in that locker room..

But Leinart looks likes hes the real deal.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

No doubt. Leinart's the real thing.

That game was just messed up, though.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Well Leinart as much as I don't care for the guy did all he could do to win he is the last person to blame in all of this.

Its Edge and that horrid choke worthy defense along with Neil Rackers.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Poor guy? What's he making $60M? Quality QBs usually land on lousy teams. He could do worse.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

He did his part. Period.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject:

All the man did was take his team too 3 consecutive title games, go back 2 back, and was 6 minutes away from a 3 peat. Classic example of the nfl brass out thinking and over analzying themselves.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Poor guy? What's he making $60M? Quality QBs usually land on lousy teams. He could do worse.

That's a pretty cavalier attitude, angel. I'm assuming you didn't see the game. Rich or not, losing the way Leinart did after performing the way he did, has GOT to hurt.

angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject:

The Phil Jackson style is to bury the opponent deep and early. He likes to keep pouring it on until there is no chance of a comeback.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

He did everything right on the last drive, getting them within range, but Rackers chokes on the FG. And none of Chicagos 3 (defensive!) TDs were his fault. Two of them were fumbles, meaning it was the RB or whoever had the ball fault, and then the other was a special team 83 yd punt return, so that blame goes to the special team. Good game by Lienart. Next year Cards will be a force. In fact, I've said this before and I'll say it again:

ARIZONA CARDINALS WILL WIN THE 2007-2008 NFL SUPERBOWL!

The last time I proclaimed something like that was when the Pistons were in the ECF in 2003, and I learned that they got the 2nd pick in the draft. I called it right then and there that the Pistons would win the title in the next year. Of course I forgot all about my prediction b/c of the signings that offseason, and I didn't remember it until hours after the Lakers lost.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

One guy doesn't win or lose a game, and one guy doesn't get an exemption when the team loses. People can blame Rackers if they want, but everyone takes responsibility for that loss. Rackers was asked to kick 5 field goals last night. Why weren't those first downs or touchdowns instead? Leinart fumbled the ball away for a touchdown. The offensive line was atrocious. James was ineffective. Dennis Green's play calling and game management was terrible. Everyone lost that game, not everyone but Leinart. Matt played well, but he could have been better.
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
One guy doesn't win or lose a game, and one guy doesn't get an exemption when the team loses. People can blame Rackers if they want, but everyone takes responsibility for that loss. Rackers was asked to kick 5 field goals last night. Why weren't those first downs or touchdowns instead? Leinart fumbled the ball away for a touchdown. The offensive line was atrocious. James was ineffective. Dennis Green's play calling and game management was terrible. Everyone lost that game, not everyone but Leinart. Matt played well, but he could have been better.

I don't know. Leinart got them ahead 20-0. Leinart might have fumbled but it wasn't his fault, the right tackle did not pick up his man and left a free lane to Leinart's blindside. You could blame the loss on everyone but Leinart, Bouldin, Bryant-Johnson, and the Cardinals defense.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Well Leinart as much as I don't care for the guy did all he could do to win he is the last person to blame in all of this.

That "choke worthy defense" gave up 3 points. Fault the coach for getting conservative and the kicker for missing.

BTW the Bears defense really came alive at a point when most people would have quit. Gotta give a lot of credit to Urlacher, who personally took the game over in the 4th.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

The cards fired their offensive coordinator. You know what the funny thing is, is that they tried to make Edge the focus of their offense. He was never the focus in Indy. The pass set up the run, not the other way around. If the cards started calling for short passes to Edge and WR screens and plays like that, the run would become much easier... anyway, Leinart is the real deal. They will spank the Raiders this week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes a physician does everthing he should do, and yet the patient dies. At least in this case nobody died. In Lamar Odom's case, I would say poor Lamar, his son died. A bunch of things happened that contributed to Leinart's team losing, but nobody died. This was a learning experience. QBs get far too much credit for wins, and far too much blame for loses. It comes with the territory.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

I've said it before and I'm sticking to it...

Leinart will end up being the better of the two, between him and Vince Young. I think the guy has a good shot, at being a Pro Bowl level QB in the future. He may not be the quickest guy on 2 feet... but he does have good mobility, an accurate arm and very high football IQ. He's a star in the making.

He just needs to stay away from the Paris Hilton's of the world.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
Sometimes a physician does everthing he should do, and yet the patient dies. At least in this case nobody died. In Lamar Odom's case, I would say poor Lamar, his son died. A bunch of things happened that contributed to Leinart's team losing, but nobody died. This was a learning experience. QBs get far too much credit for wins, and far too much blame for loses. It comes with the territory.

Wow. Apparently, your friends know where NOT to come for a shoulder to cry on, unless there was death involved.

angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

The NFL is not for whimps. If you don't put the other team away, they can come up to bite you. After they do, there's no crying in football.
LiveLoveDieLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

I blame dennis green and the (now fired) offensive coordinator for that loss. They obvilously couldn't rush the ball, yet they continued to rush on 2nd & 1 and 3rd & 1 and could not convert. The play calling was horrific...trust the man that got you down the field to make a play, Leinart. Edge is a huge dissapointment so far. What did he run? 36 carries for 55 yards? Unreal for a pro-bowl running back. Anywho, Leinart is a Stud and will have a great career.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

That "choke worthy defense" gave up 3 points. Fault the coach for getting conservative and the kicker for missing.

BTW the Bears defense really came alive at a point when most people would have quit. Gotta give a lot of credit to Urlacher, who personally took the game over in the 4th.

Whoops I didn't realize I put "defense" it should've been "offensive line" now they sucked.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

It's one game. Leinart will survive. He still has a long career ahead of him.
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Some of you guys think Edge has been a big disappointment. He definitely has not lived up to his contract, but a RB is going to live and die by the holes his offensive line produces. One thing Edge does well though is protect the QB and picking up blitzes. I definitely would like to see more swing passes or an offense more like the Patriots (before Maroney and Dillon).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: