In need of a little bit of advice.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: In need of a little bit of advice.

I did something bad and I feel horrible about it. It involves my job. I lied to them and if I came forward now and reveal the truth to them, I will surely LOSE my job. It's a big company, and they've been in business for over 100 years. I do NOT want to lose my job. This dilemma basically comes down to two things:

a.) Tell the truth and apologize my butt off, but CERTAINLY lose my job.

Or

b.) Not tell them and live with my mistake, let it eat me up inside, while still having the privilege of working for this great organization.

I like working for this company. I'm an idiot for doing what I did. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about going to church to confess or something. I feel TERRIBLE for what I did.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Depends on what you did.

Perhaps you could 'make it even' by doing something else.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

If it's too scandalous I'm sure you don't want to post what you did here, but it's really almost impossible to give you any sort of advice on this without knowing the extent of how bad it is we're talking. Maybe it's really not as bad as you think?
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Do something good like charity work to make up for the bad Karma from lying.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Really depends what you did...

If you do tell,.... find a job first...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: In need of a little bit of advice.

F Snaq wrote:

This dilemma basically comes down to two things:

Or

b.) Not tell them and live with my mistake, let it eat me up inside, while still having the privilege of working for this great organization.

You kinda narrowed it down. One, you confess and go find work elsewhere. Two, you keep quiet and endure the mental suffering.

I s'pose the question is - can you deal with the guilt? If the answer is no, the solution is easy, confess in resignation. If you can handle the shame, then maybe your consistant paycheck will help you feel a bit better.

Now, if we're talking about you faking credentials or education...fugettaboutit. No big deal. Let them find out and fire you first. If you've done something illegal, you might need to consider hiring an attorney.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Im not trying to make your feel worst, but its ounds like its DEEP. Whatever it was that you did, make sure you can live with your conscious first, before you make any more moves. If you cant even sleep at night, and what you did puts the company/innocent people at risk, then maybe you shold come clean and simply take it like a man..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: In need of a little bit of advice.

F Snaq wrote:
I did something bad and I feel horrible about it. It involves my job. I lied to them and if I came forward now and reveal the truth to them, I will surely LOSE my job. It's a big company, and they've been in business for over 100 years. I do NOT want to lose my job. This dilemma basically comes down to two things:

Or

I like working for this company. I'm an idiot for doing what I did. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about going to church to confess or something. I feel TERRIBLE for what I did.

its a big company thats been around for 100 of years... im assuming its some type of corporate conglomerate that pays dumps loads of money to the bush administration to get laws passed for them to make dump loads of money, they probabally outsoruce as well which means i bet they really dont care about you and you shouldnt really care about them becuase if you did come forward you would get fired and they would still be around laughing at you and they will replace you in a heartbeat and would care less if you and your family starves to death. if you dont come forward you would still have a job and be making money to feed your family and your company will survive whatever it is that you did. Beside, ITS your blood, sweat tears, and hard work that this company is making MILLIONS off of while you barely bring home 6 figures. Think about it... ITS your decision!

BTW: is this company bank of america?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Is it something that will come back and ruin the company? Did you steal a couple of pens from the supply cabinet? Did you take money? Is it the kind of thing someone will eventually find out about, although they will never know who did it? Did you benefit from this error in judgement?

If you want to atone for your mistakes, I say you donate $1000 to this needy site. Maybe more if JD hears about this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Its tough to say what you shold do, since youre the only one who knows what happened. IM not trying to pry in your personal matters, and fact is that you DONT have to post or reveal anything, but it appears that it bothers you enough to make you post it in a forum. Perhaps the best thing to do is to talk to someone whom you confide in, and vent out your problems.....Give yourself the opportunity to hear from someone who knows and understands you completely ,and then decide what to do....

I doubt youll find what youre looking for around here..

By the way...and im not saying this to sound cruel or like a smartass, but be careful of what youre looking for..Make sure youre not searching for a justification to something YOU already know is wrong..

GOOD LUCK
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

It depends on the level of the lie. Will it/did it cost someone else their job? If you don't tell the truth, is there a chance you will go to jail for it? Basically, if keeping your mouth shut means no one gets hurt, then keep your mouth shut.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Whatever happens, one thing I've come to believe, is that God always leaves us a way out... What you have to do, is have the courage to do the right thing... I think God will show you the way, you just have to take the path.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:

Tell us what you did!!!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

F Snaq, I found the incriminating evidence! For a small fee, I can make it go away....

VIDEO

JKidding...

Hope all is well (with whatever you decide to do)...
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

Dont say a damn thing
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

Is it a BJ in the oval office or an Arthur Anderson type of bad thing?
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Hey thanks everyone. I really appreciate all your kind words and I'm sorry I can't go into specifics about my situation at this time. All your advice has definitely helped me out in trying to sort this "thing" out. It's F'd up but I realize that this has been the result of my own actions. My own misguided avidity. I've thought about it a lot, and I'm still thinking about it a lot. I'm leaning towards keeping quiet about it and dealing with my own guilt, knowing that no ONE else is getting hurt from here on out. It's the cowardly way out, I know that. But hey, I'll admit that I'm pretty much " too chicken" to face the music at this time.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Unless it's REALLY bad, and it can't be if it doesn't hurt anyone, looking out for YOUR interest should be your primary concern.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

If you have a family that you need to support, think of them and do not pony up. It can't be that bad if the company is still operating, can it?

I have made many mistakes at work, however I do tend to make up for them by working harder and learning from that. We are all humans.

If you absolutely MUST tell then like someone said up above - make sure that you another job lined up.

Good luck.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure its something you should stay quiet about. You may even be overexaggerating your offense in your mind... Did you:

Steal money/ company property
Screw a co-worker while working
Get someone else fired for something you did
Lied about screwing something up (Kinda goes with the third one)

Non of those is worth confessing (cause ive done most of them...). And if you got someone else fired... I'm sure they deserved it.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Keep your trap shut, and act like nobodies business. You think Ken Lay is dead? I'll put the title to my house on the line that dude is chillin in Mexico.

Only one thing matters in the corporate world...yourself.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

CAN SOMEONE LOCK THIS THREAD its useless because hes not telling what he did
KobeBryant24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

TheRod wrote:
Keep your trap shut, and act like nobodies business. You think Ken Lay is dead? I'll put the title to my house on the line that dude is chillin in Mexico.

Only one thing matters in the corporate world...yourself.

You think Ken Lay is alive? Quite possible......maybe Bernard Ebbers is sipping daqueries in Mazetlan right now.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: In need of a little bit of advice.

LALakers999 wrote:
F Snaq wrote:

Or

its a big company thats been around for 100 of years... im assuming its some type of corporate conglomerate that pays dumps loads of money to the bush administration to get laws passed for them to make dump loads of money, they probabally outsoruce as well which means i bet they really dont care about you and you shouldnt really care about them becuase if you did come forward you would get fired and they would still be around laughing at you and they will replace you in a heartbeat and would care less if you and your family starves to death. if you dont come forward you would still have a job and be making money to feed your family and your company will survive whatever it is that you did. Beside, ITS your blood, sweat tears, and hard work that this company is making MILLIONS off of while you barely bring home 6 figures. Think about it... ITS your decision!

BTW: is this company bank of america?

And this my friend is why I missed you.

Hey man - getting someone else fired for your wrong is wrong and Karma will come and get you.

Making a mistake that has hurt no one else is wrong but forgiveable. Change your thought process. Become a positive person who does good things because it is the thing to do regardless of reward and pay it forward.

Help a good person that needs an opportunity to succeed and expect nothing.

Guilt is a personal thing - you either feel it or you don't.

I would agree with 999 in that a large company doesn't really care about you in particular so maybe what you think is bad is for the good of all because someone should have destroyed Enron before it destroyed the lives of the employees.

Also - remember what Yoda said - "Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to the dark side."

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject:

I would say keep quiet, but if it is a large company like McDonalds and you peed in the milk shake machine, you should come clean and face the music.

Hopefully it is not that bad.

I know some people get angry, but that is no reason to eff with food.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: