In need of a little bit of advice.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

You are nothing without your own integrity.

You are 100% responsible for your own actions. Taking that responsibility and owning up to your consequences is the only sane way to live.

Trying to "make up" for what you did by trying to "be good" in some other area does not resolve the problem. It only avoids it.

Avoiding the problem is really an attempt to avoid the pain of the consequenses, but the reality is that you are merely prolonging the pain and probably making it worse.

Life is hard. How you deal with it defines who you are. You are defining yourself right now.
jlkr42
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

If you're going to own up to what you did, suggest you find another job first to cushion the blow when they fire you. This especially applies if you're supporting a family. Or else just turn in your resignation and go. Let them figure it out. Who knows they might not. Or better yet, get them to lay you off, then you can collect unemployment insurance.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryant24 wrote:
TheRod wrote:
Keep your trap shut, and act like nobodies business. You think Ken Lay is dead? I'll put the title to my house on the line that dude is chillin in Mexico.

Only one thing matters in the corporate world...yourself.

You think Ken Lay is alive? Quite possible......maybe Bernard Ebbers is sipping daqueries in Mazetlan right now.

Yeah, I think dudes still alive...but that's me talking with my conspiracy theorist hat on.....

From my experience...in the corporate world...you gotta look out for yourself...otherwise...you'll be fed to the dogs. Just my opinion...and my response is based on my assumption that F Shaq didn't get somebody else fired. Although I must admit...it's tough giving advice to somebody when there are zero details.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: In need of a little bit of advice.

psydesho wrote:
LALakers999 wrote:
F Snaq wrote:
I did something bad and I feel horrible about it. It involves my job. I lied to them and if I came forward now and reveal the truth to them, I will surely LOSE my job. It's a big company, and they've been in business for over 100 years. I do NOT want to lose my job. This dilemma basically comes down to two things:

a.) Tell the truth and apologize my butt off, but CERTAINLY lose my job.

Or

b.) Not tell them and live with my mistake, let it eat me up inside, while still having the privilege of working for this great organization.

I like working for this company. I'm an idiot for doing what I did. I don't know what to do. I'm thinking about going to church to confess or something. I feel TERRIBLE for what I did.

its a big company thats been around for 100 of years... im assuming its some type of corporate conglomerate that pays dumps loads of money to the bush administration to get laws passed for them to make dump loads of money, they probabally outsoruce as well which means i bet they really dont care about you and you shouldnt really care about them becuase if you did come forward you would get fired and they would still be around laughing at you and they will replace you in a heartbeat and would care less if you and your family starves to death. if you dont come forward you would still have a job and be making money to feed your family and your company will survive whatever it is that you did. Beside, ITS your blood, sweat tears, and hard work that this company is making MILLIONS off of while you barely bring home 6 figures. Think about it... ITS your decision!

BTW: is this company bank of america?

And this my friend is why I missed you.

Hey man - getting someone else fired for your wrong is wrong and Karma will come and get you.

Making a mistake that has hurt no one else is wrong but forgiveable. Change your thought process. Become a positive person who does good things because it is the thing to do regardless of reward and pay it forward.

Help a good person that needs an opportunity to succeed and expect nothing.

Guilt is a personal thing - you either feel it or you don't.

I would agree with 999 in that a large company doesn't really care about you in particular so maybe what you think is bad is for the good of all because someone should have destroyed Enron before it destroyed the lives of the employees.

Also - remember what Yoda said - "Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to the dark side."

And the dark side leads to being a major character in a six part blockbuster franchise
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject:

This is months old, but I wanted to know what came of this. Did you come clean? Did anyone find out what you did? Will we ever find out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: