Fantasy NBA - help! draft lists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Fantasy NBA - help! draft lists

hey everyone,

I'm pretty much a newbie at this fantasy NBA stuff, and won't be able to actively participate in my league's draft... so can you guys share your draft lists?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

A good thing to do is go to the ESPN site and get to the Fantasy Basketball section. In the upper right hand corner you'll see a link to "Live Draft Results". When you click on that link you'll see a list of players. ESPN basically looks at every live draft they host (thousands) and averages out where each player gets chosen. So what you see there is a good basic rule of thumb of where each player tends to be drafted. You can also click on the links there to break it out by position.

This is a good barometer for you to formulate your draft strategy to see where you should be valuing players and where others value players. Of course, just because this is where the player gets drafted most of the time doesn't mean that's where he SHOULD be getting drafted, so you'll want to do your own homework. But this is a good place to start and then tweak from there, and ESPN does the work of taking a lot of people's drafts and combining the results for you so you don't have to do all that work .

I like to have this list in front of me when I draft. It's amazing how accurate it tends to be. When you see an abberation and a guy who normally gets picked 30th falling 10 slots, it's good to ask yourself why. Either something is up with that player, or everyone is missing out and you're getting great value - essentially a #30 player at the #40 slot. Great tool to use because it allows you to easily pick up on these types of things.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: