Who makes the best wings?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Who makes the best wings?

I saw a commercial just now for wings, and it made me hungry for them. So I am curious who you guys think make the best wings?

I think the best wings I have had are at a bar in upstate NY.

Worst? I actually tried Domino's wings once, and they were crappy.

If you had them at a national chain, or some dinky little dive in an area of town no one would ever go to and no one ever heard of, I still want to hear about it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject:

I bet the wings in NY are pretty darn good. Thats one of the reasons I wanna go there haha.

There is a place in Santa Barbara (Isla Vista to be exact) called Woodstocks that had the best breaded wings but they stopped selling them for some dumb reason. Now there is no reason to go to that place. TGIFridays have good wings that you can buy at your local store. Other than that, I don't know what other wings are good so I'm open to suggestions.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

tyson hot wings from costco!!!!
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject:

Big Red Wings on Santa Monica in West L.A. used to own the title around here, IMO, but they changed owners a few years ago, so it's not the same.

Try WingNuts in Costa Mesa or Ontario. THIRTY (30) different types of wings, including 4-5 types of Buffalo-style, and Barbecue, Mango Habanero, Chipotle, Spicy Szechuan (IIRC), etc. Also very good kettle chips.

The Medium Buffalo wings are a little weak, though. Go Hot at a minimum.

MIM
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject:

There is a restautrant in Montgomery, AL called "Wings" and they had excellent Wings. It was sports bar type place. It wouldn't suprise me if they went Franchise.
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

place in raleigh nc called left wings right that is still my favorite. Havnt been since college but they were a staple in those days.

Now I settle for buffalo wild wings....or believe it or not...Tripps has some REALLY good wings...they are huge wings but great. Try them next time you're out..my gf even likes them a lot and she is not too fond of wings in general...

damn i really want some now...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

Lakersfield wrote:
There is a restautrant in Montgomery, AL called "Wings" and they had excellent Wings. It was sports bar type place. It wouldn't suprise me if they went Franchise.

I've heard people talk about "Wings," but they had gone to one in Florida, so I think it is a franchise. At least in the south.

And PWiddy, I was hungry for wings when I posted this last night, and am still hungry for wings this morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

Cluck-U-Chicken or Wings-To-Go (college fave)
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

Hooters
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Lakersfield wrote:

I've heard people talk about "Wings," but they had gone to one in Florida, so I think it is a franchise. At least in the south.

And PWiddy, I was hungry for wings when I posted this last night, and am still hungry for wings this morning.

I did a little quick search on Google and it's a chain of Restaurants started by ex-Miami Dolphins player Bob Baumhower. He went to school at U of Alabama. Most of the restaurants are in Alabama. I only know about it on a business trip back there and some of the local employees took me there.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

Every week me and my buddies go to a little hole in the wall called The Pizza Store in Aliso Viejo (South OC). Its our weekly Wings & Beer night.

mmmmm yep last night was nice.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
gsrbruin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

SenorJefe wrote:
Hooters

the wings are good but the breasts are better
32tapout
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:

When I lived in SoCal, one of the best places for wings was a place called "Lookers" in Westmister/HB off of Goldenwest. It's a poormans version of Hooters with better wings. Don't know if they're still there or not-its been 4 years since I moved.

Mr. NBA Logo on 6/24/05 on Spurs fans seeking validation from Laker fans.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject:

32tapout wrote:
When I lived in SoCal, one of the best places for wings was a place called "Lookers" in Westmister/HB off of Goldenwest. It's a poormans version of Hooters with better wings. Don't know if they're still there or not-its been 4 years since I moved.

Lookers, right there by the El Torito on Goldenwest and Bolsa. Funny, I live in HB and couldn't tell you if Lookers still exists. I was even at that IHOP there last week and still don't remember.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Hot Wings on Melrose. It's the wings restaurant to the stars. When I worked for Spelling we'd go to Hot Wings quite a bit and we'd run into one celebrity or another every time (when I say 'we' I don't mean me and Aaron Spelling - just me and the co-workers). Of course, working at Spelling, there were celebrity-types walking around all the time. It was next door to the E! building too and across from the SAG offices.

Of cousre, this thread is about wings and not celebrities.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
32tapout wrote:

Lookers, right there by the El Torito on Goldenwest and Bolsa. Funny, I live in HB and couldn't tell you if Lookers still exists. I was even at that IHOP there last week and still don't remember.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Hot Wings on Melrose. It's the wings restaurant to the stars. When I worked for Spelling we'd go to Hot Wings quite a bit and we'd run into one celebrity or another every time (when I say 'we' I don't mean me and Aaron Spelling - just me and the co-workers). Of course, working at Spelling, there were celebrity-types walking around all the time. It was next door to the E! building too and across from the SAG offices.

Of cousre, this thread is about wings and not celebrities.

Hey, I don't mind hearing a story of Jessica Simpson or Jessica Alba eating wings, if it must go that way.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

^ can't say I saw either of them, but for me, seeing Tiffany Amber Thiessen was just as good. And any time I get to see Sung Hi Lee is a good day for me. Watching them struggle with hot wing sauce all over them just makes it funny.

We'll have to get surfbu in here to talk about the time he had sushi with Alba.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Who makes the best wings?

encina1 wrote:
I saw a commercial just now for wings, and it made me hungry for them. So I am curious who you guys think make the best wings?

You talking about Wing-Stop, which has been bombarding the Fox Sports channels lately? I've been meaning to stop at the local one, to check it out.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the link. Just saw there's a WingStop in Monrovia. I need to check it out!

MIM

PS -- As a follow-up to WingNuts, here's their wing menu list:

ROADHOUSE BBQ
HONEY DIJON
BACON RANCH
HAWAIIAN
LEMON GARLIC
ROASTED GARLIC-PARMESAN
TERIYAKI
SOY-GINGER
ROASTED TOMATO
HONEY BBQ BUFFALO Mild
ANCHO CHILE BBQ
SPICY SWEET & SOUR BBQ
ZESTY ORANGE BBQ
ROASTED ONION GARLIC BBQ
CHARRED WHISKEY BBQ
JAMAICAN JERK
TEQUILA LIME
BUFFALO Medium
SZECHWAN BUFFALO Hot
CAJUN
CHILE GARLIC
BLOODY MARY
HOT & SPICY BBQ
CHIPOTLE BBQ
HONEY MANGO HABAƑERO
BUFFALO Ouch!
KUNG PAO WOW
DOUBLE-DOG DARE

That last one looks promising...

MIM
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Who makes the best wings?

JD wrote:
encina1 wrote:

You talking about Wing-Stop, which has been bombarding the Fox Sports channels lately? I've been meaning to stop at the local one, to check it out.

JD, please let us know what you think when you do try them
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
^ can't say I saw either of them, but for me, seeing Tiffany Amber Thiessen was just as good. And any time I get to see Sung Hi Lee is a good day for me. Watching them struggle with hot wing sauce all over them just makes it funny.

We'll have to get surfbu in here to talk about the time he had sushi with Alba.

There is a fetish for seeing women with food, but I think that is best left to another forum for another day.

Unless Lakers999 gets involved here.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Why, you wanna fly or something?
SG_Kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Hot Wings Cafe

There's one in Glendale on Brand.
bynumisking
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

man you should try Jollibee. in my opinon, the got the best tasting chicken in this country! They're all over California... Beverly Blvd at LA, Carson, Cerritos, Eagle Rock Plaza, Mira Mesa, National City, Panorama City, San Jose, Union City and West Covina.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Filipino fast food chain, Jollibee?

When I'm searching for buffalo wings... no thanks.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
I bet the wings in NY are pretty darn good. Thats one of the reasons I wanna go there haha.

There is a place in Santa Barbara (Isla Vista to be exact) called Woodstocks that had the best breaded wings but they stopped selling them for some dumb reason. Now there is no reason to go to that place. TGIFridays have good wings that you can buy at your local store. Other than that, I don't know what other wings are good so I'm open to suggestions.

Woodstocks!!!! Everytime I'm out in IV, I always make a point to go their and Freebirds.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: