What's your favorite vacation spot?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: What's your favorite vacation spot?

My girlfriend wants to go away to a resort in Mexico and get away from everything. Talking to her got me to wondering about what are some LGers' favorite vacation spots?

I don't have one in particular, as I like to travel to different countries all the time, but I do love going down to Chile when I can. But mostly cause my family is there.

So what are some of your favorite spots to go?

And please share anything, whether it is in the US or outside.

P.S. Some of the nicest people I have ever met were in Morocco. Such a great and beautiful country.

Worst food. Either Argentina or Ukraine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

vegas baby, vegas.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

The Makati Prime Tower in Manila is mine, for a number of reasons. Most notably, the 100% free room and food at all the restaurants.

Oh, and the 24 hour security we get when we waltz around town too. Also, the driver who takes us here and there, so we're free to close our eyes in the back seat so as not to see the madness that is driving in Manila.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject:

1. vegas
2. new york
3. staples center
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

india
ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

You should visit Thailand and Vietnam. Those two countries have a lot of
beautiful sceneries. Furthermore, everything is cheap.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

L.A
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I don't vacation often. But one of my goals in life is to go to NYC. I don't think anybody has any idea how bad i want to go.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Colorado
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Depends what you're looking for in a vacation.

If you're wanting to get out and do lots of things - especially crazy active things - New Zealand is the place.

If you want to do sight seeing and check out some cool stuff you're not gonna see in the US at all, Australia.

If you want to go somwhere to relax and lounge on the beach, but still have stuff to do at night - Puerta Vallarta.

Nice people to party with - Barcelona.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

go to india... you will have fun
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

My private island or perhaps my ranch in some random forest in Thailand.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Somewhere in SouthEast Asia. Hong Kong and the Philippines are my favorites. Thailand is up there as well.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Easily for me it's Jamaica. I love to vacation in a tropical-beach-like setting. Warmth & bikini's! I've been 3 times and am planning a fourth trip next year. Every time we've done Sandals / Beaches all-inclusive resort (They are the same: Sandals is for couples only, while Beaches includes the kids).

Talk about paradise!
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

The Caribean is for dentists. I've been to Jamaica and was really disappointed. Perhaps we should have gone to Sandals or Beaches.

Paradise is located on Maui. Kaanapali beach to be exact. Voted the best Island and best beach by Conde Naste readers for years and years.

You get the spirit of Aloha. You get great food everywhere you turn. The water is usually like stepping into a bathtub it's so warm. The women like to go freaky freaky all night long. It's part of the USA so you don't have to worry about passports, Etc. It's safe, relatively affluent. You will not encounter overt poverty on Maui. Though my suggestion is to stay away from Kihei. Go to Wailea if you must, but Kaanapali is my choice. And when you are there, stay at either the Alii, the Westin Maui, the Hyatt, or the Sheraton. (I think the Westin is the best...the Alii is a condo.)

Plan "B" would be Mammoth, CA. I'm a little biased on that one though because I grew up going there every winter for skiing...so lots of good memories of Mammoth.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I have a question. Ive noticed that the common spot for this thread is some kind of tropical area. Do all these people live in LA? The reason I ask is because my ideal vacation spot would be NYC, London, Italy and France. I guess since my parents are technically from tropical countries, I have no interest vacationing in these spots.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
The Caribean is for dentists. Perhaps we should have gone to Sandals or Beaches.

I've never done it any other way. I've been to Hawaii (Maui) once. It was beautiful. But that's where it ended. The water was twice as cold, the prices were twice as high and the people were twice as rude. Which explains why I prefer the Carribbean twice as much! To me, Hawaii is where vacationers begin when they really don't know where to go. And once they spread their wings and start going to other places, they probably just won't return to Hawaii.

Seriously, if you want to impress the wife with an ultra romantic vacation... take her to any of the Sandals resorts!

Surfitall wrote:
Plan "B" would be Mammoth, CA

For a local winter getaway... I 100% agree! I take a trip up there every year! I stay in a huge condo at Snowcreek Resort! Go snowboarding all day and play Halo all night (by the fireplace)!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
The Caribean is for dentists. I've been to Jamaica and was really disappointed. Perhaps we should have gone to Sandals or Beaches.

Paradise is located on Maui. Kaanapali beach to be exact. Voted the best Island and best beach by Conde Naste readers for years and years.

You get the spirit of Aloha. You get great food everywhere you turn. The water is usually like stepping into a bathtub it's so warm. The women like to go freaky freaky all night long. It's part of the USA so you don't have to worry about passports, Etc. It's safe, relatively affluent. You will not encounter overt poverty on Maui. Though my suggestion is to stay away from Kihei. Go to Wailea if you must, but Kaanapali is my choice. And when you are there, stay at either the Alii, the Westin Maui, the Hyatt, or the Sheraton. (I think the Westin is the best...the Alii is a condo.)

Plan "B" would be Mammoth, CA. I'm a little biased on that one though because I grew up going there every winter for skiing...so lots of good memories of Mammoth.

Completely agree. Every time I have been to The Carribean I have been disappointed because I know Hawaii is better. It doesn't even matter which Island. I love the North Shore of Oahu (Try the Turtle Bay Resort and the Shrimp Truck in Kahuku. I love Maui, I love the Garden Isle. Never been to the Big Island or Molokai, but cannot wait to go.

There might be better tropical islands, but throw in the fact it is the USA (good roads, safety, public order) and it is paradise on Earth.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Maui rocks... it's absolute paradise. Modern conveniences for you haolies, and no strange tropical diseases (I'm really phobic).

In Western Europe, I have a sentimental love for London. I enjoy Sweden, though if you're into the ladies get out of Stockholm. For some reason I found more attractive women outside city limits. In Mediterranian, I still prefer Italy to just about anyplace else. There are some islands I could talk about, but I need alcohol to get into detail....

In Asia, mixed reviews. Thailand is suppose to be fun, and I've always wanted to tour Cambodia (the ancient ruins amaze me). But thus far I've been limited to some of the major cities and the Chinese hinterlands.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:

Boracay, Phillipines!
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject:

Cayman, way less touristy than Hawaii, amazing water, great diving
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:

THE VEGAS, BABY!
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject:

chef wrote:
Boracay, Phillipines!

Hey I was there last March. I loved it.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
I have a question. Ive noticed that the common spot for this thread is some kind of tropical area. Do all these people live in LA? The reason I ask is because my ideal vacation spot would be NYC, London, Italy and France. I guess since my parents are technically from tropical countries, I have no interest vacationing in these spots.

Whatever you do, don't go to France. The people there are dispicable. I used to work in the tourist industry and have asked hundreds of people who have traveled there about the people. Every single person told me the people there are mean. I tried desperately to find just one person to say differently, but could not prevail.

Personally, I love Hawaii and would recommend it to anyone. Thailand is also a great destination. It is very cheap and the people love Americans, I mean looove Americans. I had a lot of fun in Miami but don't stay there too long. You can have a lot of fun in about 4-5 days max.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Yemen
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: