What's your favorite vacation spot?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Japan & Hong Kong - my two stop shopping destination

Philippines - THE BEST BEACHES in the world.....check out Borocay, Palawan etc etc etc.....they kill Hawaii, Australia and Thailand.....i have not been to the Maldives yet but i may plan to go late next year.

Amsterdam - nuff said

Vegas - nuff said

Los Angeles - my second home

New York - love to visit, would never live there.

Vancouver - MY HOME...check it out. Clean air and water, got the beautiful pacific ocean and the mountains...and lets not forget the multicultural babes all over the place
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

Philippines - THE BEST BEACHES in the world.....check out Borocay, Palawan etc etc etc.....they kill Hawaii, Australia and Thailand.....i have not been to the Maldives yet but i may plan to go late next year.

Amsterdam - nuff said

Vegas - nuff said

Vancouver - MY HOME...check it out. Clean air and water, got the beautiful pacific ocean and the mountains...and lets not forget the multicultural babes all over the place

Say, does Vancouver have a lot of Asian women?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

^

Hell yeah...

Some of the best Cantonese food outside of Hong Kong, too.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Amsterdam - nuff said

Vegas - nuff said

Say, does Vancouver have a lot of Asian women?

tons bro, its an asian haven.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
^

Hell yeah...

Some of the best Cantonese food outside of Hong Kong, too.

yup yup.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Bah, not that I'd be interested since I'm married.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Bah, not that I'd be interested since I'm married.
temptation is a Motherf'er!
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver is a great city. I could definitely live there - lots of diversity and lots to do. Plus you've got quick access to Whistler. Thing I miss most about living in Seattle is that it was a quick trip to BC and Whistler...
surfbu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
I have a question. Ive noticed that the common spot for this thread is some kind of tropical area. Do all these people live in LA? The reason I ask is because my ideal vacation spot would be NYC, London, Italy and France. I guess since my parents are technically from tropical countries, I have no interest vacationing in these spots.

Whatever you do, don't go to France. The people there are dispicable. I used to work in the tourist industry and have asked hundreds of people who have traveled there about the people. Every single person told me the people there are mean. I tried desperately to find just one person to say differently, but could not prevail.

Personally, I love Hawaii and would recommend it to anyone. Thailand is also a great destination. It is very cheap and the people love Americans, I mean looove Americans. I had a lot of fun in Miami but don't stay there too long. You can have a lot of fun in about 4-5 days max.

So you've never been to France and your telling people not to visit. I've never had a bad experience in France. If you act like an "ugly american" they are going to treat you like one.

The South of France especially is a great spot on the Med. The people there are more like the Italians (fun loving, warm) than anything else.

Definitley worth a visit for your own opinion.

Having said all of that, London and anywhere in Italy (except San Remo) take the cake for me.

Of course any setting from a "Corono Beer" commercial works just fine too. I cant even drink a corona and NOT think that I am on an island or in mexico on a beach.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

Amsterdam - nuff said

Vegas - nuff said

I love vancouver...by far my favorite city on the west coast. So awesome.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm...

Out of Country
Thailand (Party!)
Philippines (Party Part Deux!)
Hong Kong (Best electronics shopping in the WORLD... you can haggle prices)
Australia (Hot girls, sexy accents)
Grand Cayman (Beaches, snorkeling, night life)
Curacao (Nude beaches, hot European chicks)

In Country
Kauai (The most beautiful place I have ever been. Great place to just kick back and relax)
San Francisco (Hang out on the wharf, eat a lot of soft shell crabs and bread bowl clam chowder)
Astoria, Oregon (Bed and breakfast type atmosphere - note: Kindergarten Cop was filmed there)
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Hmmm...

Out of Country
Thailand (Party!)
Philippines (Party Part Deux!)
Hong Kong (Best electronics shopping in the WORLD... you can haggle prices)
Australia (Hot girls, sexy accents)
Grand Cayman (Beaches, snorkeling, night life)
Curacao (Nude beaches, hot European chicks)

In Country
Kauai (The most beautiful place I have ever been. Great place to just kick back and relax)
San Francisco (Hang out on the wharf, eat a lot of soft shell crabs and bread bowl clam chowder)
Astoria, Oregon (Bed and breakfast type atmosphere - note: Kindergarten Cop was filmed there)
good times.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

Wailea, Maui

^ I get to feel like I'm in another world, but still get to use American dollars and don't have to worry about the metric system.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Cayman, way less touristy than Hawaii, amazing water, great diving

I've been to Grand Cayman. It seems like it's all about diving there. If you like diving, it's probably one of the best destinations. (So I've been told.)

You know, it's not paradise, but I had a really good time in Costa Rica. I didn't notice anyone else mention Costa Rica. There is some poverty there, but it feels pretty safe, the government is stable, the people are friendly, the food is good. Pretty much everyone that I've ever spoken to who has gone to Costa Rica has had a good time. (Except my cousin who had all their cash and belongings stolen in their hotel room on their honeymoon.) Seems like an ideal place to go if you have to run from the law and hide out somewhere down south.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

- Just about anywhere in Brazil during the Carnival -> Rio, Sao Paulo, Porto Alegre, etc.

- Portugal -> specifically the madeira and the azores (though you can't go wrong with Lisbon, Porto, or the Algarve)

- Cyprus -> Nicosia, Paphos and the Petra tou Romiou (birthplace of Aphrodite)

- Yellowstone National Park -> Big sky country, horseback riding, camping, wildlife photography

- Denali National Park -> Aurora Borealis in March, and the same as above pretty much

-Kauai -> Princeville Resort (man the Prince course is fun), good deep seas fishing off of the east coast too
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
I have a question. Ive noticed that the common spot for this thread is some kind of tropical area. Do all these people live in LA? The reason I ask is because my ideal vacation spot would be NYC, London, Italy and France. I guess since my parents are technically from tropical countries, I have no interest vacationing in these spots.

Whatever you do, don't go to France. The people there are dispicable. I used to work in the tourist industry and have asked hundreds of people who have traveled there about the people. Every single person told me the people there are mean. I tried desperately to find just one person to say differently, but could not prevail.

Personally, I love Hawaii and would recommend it to anyone. Thailand is also a great destination. It is very cheap and the people love Americans, I mean looove Americans. I had a lot of fun in Miami but don't stay there too long. You can have a lot of fun in about 4-5 days max.

First of all I'm American, but all I gotta say is that most American tourists are idiots. French people aren't mean. They're just not all fake perky like an American waitress. That's what Americans think "being nice" is. Being nice is not being fake. A person can be perky nice with you and think you're a total douche at the same time. French people are straightforward no nonsense.

Another thing is that whne Americans go to France, a lot of them just start blurting stuff out in English. C'mon at least make an effort to say "do you speak English?" in French.

Also, customer service in Europe is not the same as it is in America. I've seen people go into places to get a sandwhich or whatever and start (bleep) about the service. If you want American service, stay in America. It's simple. Every country is different.

By no means do I have any love affair with the French people. I generally don't get along with French people but for other reasons. People need to go to a country and really meet the people to make a judgment about a whole country.

A lot of people do that about the States as well and it pisses me off, too. A lot of you who have never spent significant time outside of the U.S. have absolutely no clue as to what people think about us and the nasty things they say about the States (true and untrue). And it's not just Muslim countries either.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
- Sean -
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

surfbu wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

So you've never been to France and your telling people not to visit. I've never had a bad experience in France. If you act like an "ugly american" they are going to treat you like one.

The South of France especially is a great spot on the Med. The people there are more like the Italians (fun loving, warm) than anything else.

I've enjoyed my time in France as well. I can't remember being treated rudely even once.
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject:

One place I've never been to but I'm really wanting to visit is Egypt. Same with Mumbai, India. For some reason I'm really facinated by it. It's hard to explain, but I hope to go there someday.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

surfbu wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

Definitley worth a visit for your own opinion.

Having said all of that, London and anywhere in Italy (except San Remo) take the cake for me.

Of course any setting from a "Corono Beer" commercial works just fine too. I cant even drink a corona and NOT think that I am on an island or in mexico on a beach.

No, I've never been to France and will likely never go there. I'm basing my opinion on hundreds of people who all have the same thing to say about them. And I'm not talking about just Americans, most of the people I talked to are from other countries. I am also basing it on the French people I have met here. They seem to all have a chip on their shoulder. But hey, this is just one man's opinion.

Countries I would love see are Israel and the holy land, before it is all destroyed. Australia, Norway, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philipines and the U.K.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I can not believe it hasn't been listed...

I am very well traveled (son of a Travel Agent - and I grew up the spoiled traveling rich kid)...

but frankly my favorite place, bar none... over all of europe, hawaii, etc...

Lake Tahoe.

some of the best skiing in the world, gambling, and beauty unlike any other on the face of this planet.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

Lake Tahoe was beautiful when i visited.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: