So... PS3 or Xbox360??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: So... PS3 or Xbox360??

I currently have a PS2 and could honestly say its a great system with great games. The time is here though and its time to move to the next generation. I've always been a Sony guy but this time around the Xbox 360 is really tempting me to jump ships and go another direction. The PS3 looks stunning but is it really worth the difference in price? The controller to me is wack! They really ruined a great thing they had with the dual shock and went with a similar controller that looks and feels really light and cheap. Xbox360 seems to have some killer games out out there already like Gears of War....

IS the PS3 really that much better graphic wise than the Xbox360?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject:

I'm going with the WII!!!!

As for the PS3 Vs XBox360... we won't really know until developers/programmers 'tap' all the power each unit has. Most say it took developers almost 3 years to get the max out of a XBox.

Unless I come across a great deal... I'm sitting this one out for another year.

Also, consider Blu-Ray (PS3 is the cheapiest Blu-Ray drive I've seen, but thing again, I'm not really shopping for one) Vs HD-DVD,... if you are into movies.... just another reason I will be on the side lines, waiting to see which format will become 'VHS' and which will become 'Betamax'?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject:

Gears of War, Dead Rising, Halo 3...All exclusives that are absolutely amazing.

Sony's appears to be losing its exclusives. Grand Theft Auto and Assassin's Creed (looks AMAZING by the way) are on board with both systems, and I've read reports that Metal Gear Solid 4 and the new Devil May Cry will be on both systems as well.

If you trust Sony more, go for it. But honestly, find a way to play Gears of War. Best game ever. Simply like nothing else I've ever played.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

Like Tach said, I am gonna sit it out for a while until prices come down and the initial rush has subsided. I would lean towards PS3 because it will be able to play my PS1 and PS2 games still, and it will have the next installment of Final Fantasy, which is my game of choice. If Metal Gear and other games continue to work with Sony (I could care less if it works with the other gaming systems at the same time), then I will go with PS3.

But not until a little later down the road.

And yes, it being able to play my PS1 and PS2 games is not reason enough to buy a PS3, as I still own a PS2 and it can play PS1 and PS2 games now. There is nothing to prevent me from keeping it, and move on to a different gaming system.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

Honestly Gears of War makes it very tempting to get the 360.

I really play 2 games .. Socom and Winning Eleven

While Socom is a Sony exclusive Gears of War im sure blows it away.

Winning Eleven though is not a sony exclusive but seemingly Konami seems to favor Sony when it comes to WE and makes the better game for the PS....

Torn! maybe i wait!
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

i'll have both. each have titles that i want.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
i'll have both. each have titles that i want.

Maybe thats the way to go ....

I gotta get to Vegas 1st and make some cash to afford them both!

What happend to the days when the Nintendo was $99! ?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7457637&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat66900050001&id=1125465187515

is this a good deal?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

I was going to wait for the PS3, but I may have to get the 360 if GoW is really that good. Can you play old games on the new system? And will it be hard to get GoW now, is it sold out?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:

With the PS3 you could play old PS2 and PS games. I even think you could play the old games online

Xbox360 is not backwards compatible from what I could see and GOW is available, you could get it right away. Honestly the game looks really really incredible and its 3rd person which makes it very tempting for me!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7457637&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat66900050001&id=1125465187515

is this a good deal?

Better deal:

$100.00 rebates on both XBOX 360 systems until Dec 3 @ Micro Center

LINK

The Mirco Center in PA had 15 360s as of yesterday....
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

is this a good deal?

Better deal:

$100.00 rebates on both XBOX 360 systems until Dec 3 @ Micro Center

LINK

The Mirco Center in PA had 15 360s as of yesterday....

Great! THx!
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Wii
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
I was going to wait for the PS3, but I may have to get the 360 if GoW is really that good. Can you play old games on the new system? And will it be hard to get GoW now, is it sold out?

GoW is hard to find depending on who you ask. It's not in limited supply or anything, so you should be able to buy it from Amazon at the very least. My rental copy is waiting for me in my mailbox, so I don't have any firsthand experience with it, but everything I've seen and read suggests that it's awesome.

KobeDunk wrote:
Xbox360 is not backwards compatible from what I could see and GOW is available, you could get it right away. Honestly the game looks really really incredible and its 3rd person which makes it very tempting for me!

The Xbox 360 is backward compatible with some games, not all. Microsoft has a list (somewhere on Xbox.com) of the Xbox games you can play on the 360. Also, Sony is claiming the PS3 will be 100% backward compatible with PS1 and PS2 games, though reports out of Sony today say that there are a small percentage of PS2 games that are not working on the PS3 and will be fixed through a download at a later time. Just to round out this paragraph, Nintendo says the Wii is 100% backward compatible with Gamecube games.

I will eventually have the PS3, but not for $600. I already own a 360 and I'm getting my Wii on Sunday. I've been looking forward to the Wii and Zelda for so long that I might just go ahead and skip watching the Laker game on Sunday.

Someone mentioned how Devil May Cry could end up on both the PS3 and 360. Well, it might end up on the 360 only. I read a rumor yesterday suggesting that Microsoft is looking to buy Capcom. That would be a serious coup for Microsoft considering how popular Capcom games are in Japan, a place where MS struggles mightily. Though, for me personally, DMC being a 360 exclusive title is a reason not to buy one.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

GoW is hard to find depending on who you ask. It's not in limited supply or anything, so you should be able to buy it from Amazon at the very least. My rental copy is waiting for me in my mailbox, so I don't have any firsthand experience with it, but everything I've seen and read suggests that it's awesome.

KobeDunk wrote:

The Xbox 360 is backward compatible with some games, not all. Microsoft has a list (somewhere on Xbox.com) of the Xbox games you can play on the 360. Also, Sony is claiming the PS3 will be 100% backward compatible with PS1 and PS2 games, though reports out of Sony today say that there are a small percentage of PS2 games that are not working on the PS3 and will be fixed through a download at a later time. Just to round out this paragraph, Nintendo says the Wii is 100% backward compatible with Gamecube games.

I will eventually have the PS3, but not for $600. I already own a 360 and I'm getting my Wii on Sunday. I've been looking forward to the Wii and Zelda for so long that I might just go ahead and skip watching the Laker game on Sunday.

Someone mentioned how Devil May Cry could end up on both the PS3 and 360. Well, it might end up on the 360 only. I read a rumor yesterday suggesting that Microsoft is looking to buy Capcom. That would be a serious coup for Microsoft considering how popular Capcom games are in Japan, a place where MS struggles mightily. Though, for me personally, DMC being a 360 exclusive title is a reason not to buy one.

wow if they do pull that off its gonna be hard for Sony to win this generation of console wars. The more time goes by the stronger Microsoft is looking and Sony a distant 2nd....
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Im leaning towards the 360. Of course, Im a bit biased because I own the xbox and have a decent sized library. AND, of course I ABSOLUTELY love playing Halo2 online..By far, the best game Ive played..GOW seems to be really, really, good.

Havent demoed it yet. For those who have: How does it compare to Halo? Controls easy? Graphics? Sound? and length of the game.?(i hate short 8 staged games)
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
The Dagger wrote:

KobeDunk wrote:

Just called microcenter in Tustin. They have 20+ 360's and 10+ Gow available. They just got a new shipment of GoW in today, they haven't even opened the crate yet.
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

All consoles are going to have their problems, I think it's really up to the console that you prefer to others and the games that you like.

If I were you KD I would read up on the different games available (or will be available) for each console and make up your mind.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Found this. Apparently all Xbox games will eventually be backwards compatible with the 360.

Link
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Dagger, that info is a little old. There still doesn't seem to be any indication from Microsoft that they will work toward making the entire library of Xbox games playable on the 360. In fact, there hasn't been a new game added to the list of backward compatible games since August of this year.

And just in the interest of full disclosure for those people considering getting a 360 and playing old Xbox games. You must have a hard drive in your Xbox in order for it to work, and you really should have it hooked up to Xbox Live as well. You can create a free Silver account on Xbox Live to be able to download the updates needed for each game. If you choose not to use Xbox Live, you will have to get a CD from Microsoft in order to update your 360 to enable you to play the games you want. I don't know if each game requires its own CD or if you can get one that has all the updates for every game that's been added to the list so far.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

At the moment, I'm most excited about getting a Wii for Zelda, Trauma Center, and Dragon Quest Swords. Zelda is probably going to be the best launch title ever and the reviews have been amazing for it.

I'll eventually get all 3 systems, but the price is just not right for the 360 and PS3. I'm going to wait for those 2 to drop in price first before I purchase them.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Check out this PS3 commercial I saw on YouTube

Youtube Link
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Check out this PS3 commercial I saw on YouTube

Youtube Link
Thought the same thing when I saw it....
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject:

I heard today on the news that the PS3 has some kind of bug right now that wont allow people to play PS1 and PS2 games..so Sony is gonna be putting up patches on their site for people to download as soon as possible..see thats why I am gonna wait on getting the PS3..plus the price is ridiculous..I have the old XBOX, PS2 and gamecube..I wonder how much I could get for each system(trade in) on an XBOX 360 and WII..Anyone know?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
I heard today on the news that the PS3 has some kind of bug right now that wont allow people to play PS1 and PS2 games..so Sony is gonna be putting up patches on their site for people to download as soon as possible..see thats why I am gonna wait on getting the PS3..plus the price is ridiculous..I have the old XBOX, PS2 and gamecube..I wonder how much I could get for each system(trade in) on an XBOX 360 and WII..Anyone know?
true... but there's going to download that correct everything. Download is suppose to be available next week...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: