So... PS3 or Xbox360??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

San Andreas is gona be a tough game to beat as GOAT. even vice city when factoring in the soundtrack (best soundtrack to any game ever....maybe best soundtrack period) is gonna be tough to beat.

i mean gears of war sounds awesome but can i run over prostitutes with an ice cream truck while listening to phil collins in that game? think not.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

don't forget....you can take her money too!
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
TACH wrote:
Also, consider Blu-Ray (PS3 is the cheapiest Blu-Ray drive I've seen, but thing again, I'm not really shopping for one) Vs HD-DVD,... if you are into movies.... just another reason I will be on the side lines, waiting to see which format will become 'VHS' and which will become 'Betamax'?

The 360 has a HDDVD out for $200. It is sold seperately. So it looks like there may be a war between the HDDVD and Blue-Ray.

Well I caved in and got the 360 and GOW. And I am not dissapointed. GOW is easily the best game I've ever played. I never thought a game could be that engaging. Still trying to figure out the chainsaw though. Looks like I won't be getting much sleep this week.

I'm gettting it later this week.... maybe we could go online and learn together!

I'm all for it KD. But I need to figure out how to hook my system up online. Any experts out there care to explain. Thanks. Oh, and I also heard you can play up to 8 players at a time. We could get a great tournament going if so.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
San Andreas is gona be a tough game to beat as GOAT. even vice city when factoring in the soundtrack (best soundtrack to any game ever....maybe best soundtrack period) is gonna be tough to beat.

i mean gears of war sounds awesome but can i run over prostitutes with an ice cream truck while listening to phil collins in that game? think not.

The other GOW had a killer soundtrack too. God of War.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Better than GTA San Andreas?? Metal Gear solid series?

I'm a HUGE fan of the MGS series. I bought a PS2 TWICE, once to play MGS 2, and the other to play MGS 3. They both messed up eventually.

But man, seriously, GoW blows it away. The storyline, gameplay, action, controls, etc are all just so flawless.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

btw, Anyone wanting to play can add me on XBox Live, here's my usertag: LuminousEight
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
Better than GTA San Andreas?? Metal Gear solid series?

I'm a HUGE fan of the MGS series. I bought a PS2 TWICE, once to play MGS 2, and the other to play MGS 3. They both messed up eventually.

But man, seriously, GoW blows it away. The storyline, gameplay, action, controls, etc are all just so flawless.

why did you by a ps2 twice for the same type of game?

how the hell did it "mess" up on you??
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

The "belt" or whatever that moves the laser lens up and down as it reads the disc burnt in two.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

How did it mess up? The ps2, or MGS?

I am with frijolero, I don't play shoot em up games. I like rpgs like final fantasy, mgs, I am playing Spider-Man 2 now. I usually play games long after they have gone down in price. I also like games I can do anything in, and it isn't completely linear. Spider-Man 2 is fun because it has plots, a story line, but I can do them whenever I want and go on and do other things in the meantime. The Final Fantasy series I like because the whole game changes depending on the choices you made earlier. I am sure GoW is like this too, but I never bothered getting into Halo or any online gaming. I am not playing enough to go online, or build up my status against other players. I'll play NBA Live or other sports games online against my friends, but I have hardly ever done this. I may do this again if I can, but only with NBA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:

interesting thread. I have just been offered a ps3 at retail ($599). But it sounds as though xbox 360 may be the better way to go...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
interesting thread. I have just been offered a ps3 at retail ($599). But it sounds as though xbox 360 may be the better way to go...

the autographed picture, the Sacapuntas Locos cd, the quesadilla and the 64 weren't enough for you? WHAT MUST I DO???
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:

msb12 I know money is not the deciding factor for you but I would seriously wait on the PS3 to see how this whole blue ray thing develops. I am not being a MS or PS3 fanboy at all I just think you should wait awhile on that PS3. In the meantime pick up that 360 and play some of the games they have already established after their launch.

I may even pick up a PS3 but I would never do it at launch. I waited about 5 months after the 360 launch to pick that up.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

msb212- Get the 360 and Gears of War. You'll not be disappointed, trust me.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
msb212 wrote:

the autographed picture, the Sacapuntas Locos cd, the quesadilla and the 64 weren't enough for you? WHAT MUST I DO???

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I love that Tiger Woods golf game on Playstation. I own my 6 year old, though I do have to admit he got the 1st hole in one and eagle (playing as El Tigre of course!)

I think I will commit to the Playstation party.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject:

There's been some news on the PS3 front for those who are interested. This may be one of those things that is fixed through a firmware download at a later date, but maybe not.

It seems that the PS3 does not upscale HD content if your TV does not support the native resolution that the game is outputting as had previously been believed. What does this mean? It means that if you own an older HDTV (specifically one that is a CRT) or even a newer one that only supports 480i, 480p, and 1080i, then the PS3 will downscale a 720p signal to 480p rather than upscale it to 1080i.

The specific reason this came up was because of a PS3 game called Resistance: Fall of Man. That game supports 480p and 720p output only. There are quite a few HDTVs out there that support 480p and 1080i but not 720p. So if you try to run the game at 720p on one of those TVs, the PS3 will let you know that it is going to downscale the content to 480p rather than up to 1080i even though the PS3 does support 1080i output. I'm not sure why this is unless it's a hardware limitation. So for those of you looking for a true HD experience from the PS3, you will want to take this into consideration.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject:

Screw those expensive plastics! I'm getting the Wii
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject:

so who's going to their local electronic store tonight with their sleeping bag and tent?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject:

more bad news for PS3 :
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746282p1.html

Sony is just digging their won grave!
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:

i don't call that bad news. why? because I can give a rat's ass about all this HD (bleep). I have a 19 inch tv from about 7 or 8 years ago. If the game is great, then Im happy. I set my standards very low.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Even more bad news for Sony:

My friend works at a game store and they had an emergency meeting yesterday. The meeting was about Sony cutting supply by 2/3. Instead of the 400,000 that was promised, there will be about 120,000 systems only. So even if you have a preorder on the system, you might not get one.

The main reason for this is that since Sony could only get 88,000 units to Japan, they couldn't meet their target of getting 100,000 units out per week for them. So to compensate, they are cutting the shipmentt to North America.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
i don't call that bad news. why? because I can give a rat's ass about all this HD (bleep). I have a 19 inch tv from about 7 or 8 years ago. If the game is great, then Im happy. I set my standards very low.

I'm with you on this, but I know there are quite a few people who are going to be pissed. At any rate, it's just another broken promise from Sony for some people.

Zhengi wrote:
My friend works at a game store and they had an emergency meeting yesterday. The meeting was about Sony cutting supply by 2/3. Instead of the 400,000 that was promised, there will be about 120,000 systems only. So even if you have a preorder on the system, you might not get one.

I have been hearing many rumblings about shortages all day today and yesterday. I haven't heard that 2/3 number, but I know Gamestop/EB announced that they would be getting less than the number of pre-orders they handed out because Sony is cutting their shipments. I don't know if that's true for all retailers, but I get the feeling that tomorrow is going to be a real crappy day for Sony.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject:

wow...sux for people with pre-orders. Im waiting till it gets down to about 250-300 bucks, which is in about 10 years.
LakerFanAlways
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
wow...sux for people with pre-orders. Im waiting till it gets down to about 250-300 bucks, which is in about 10 years.

I know seriously..me too..and I thought the economy was bad..I guess not, I mean if people can sit outside for days waiting to purchase a system that is gonna cost them 600 bucks+tax(without a game) then have to spend 60 bucks a piece on a game..I guess people really DO have money..I am gonna wait until it gets cheaper, no video game system is worth 600 bucks, I don't care how great the graphics are.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerFanAlways wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

I know seriously..me too..and I thought the economy was bad..I guess not, I mean if people can sit outside for days waiting to purchase a system that is gonna cost them 600 bucks+tax(without a game) then have to spend 60 bucks a piece on a game..I guess people really DO have money..I am gonna wait until it gets cheaper, no video game system is worth 600 bucks, I don't care how great the graphics are.

A large number of the people camping outside the stores are not doing so in order to actually play the system. Some people are trying to get one to sell on eBay for twice what they paid. If you think that you can earn a 100% profit, then the $600 investment doesn't sound so bad. Whether or not people are actually able to sell them remains to be seen. In Japan, when PS3s went on sale last week, for every 100 systems that were bought, there were only about 80-something games bought. We'll see what those numbers look like in the states.

And it begins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: