Michael "Kramar" Richards has angry outburst at club
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Michael "Kramar" Richards has angry outburst at club

Quote:
Video Report

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Richards stunned a comedy club audience, shouting racial epithets at people who heckled him during a stand-up routine.

The 57-year-old actor-comedian, best known for playing Jerry Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit TV show Seinfeld, was performing at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood Friday night when he launched into the verbal rampage, according to video posted on TMZ.com.

The tirade apparently began after two black audience members started shouting at him that he wasn't funny.

Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f——— fork up your a—."

He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.

"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now mother———. Throw his a— out. He's a n——-!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

While there is some audible chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping "Oh my God" and various people "0oh" after Richard uses the n-word.

Richards performed the next night at the Laugh Factory without incident.

Calls to Richards' representatives were not immediately returned early Monday.

He refused to comment on-camera when reached by CNN, but the network reported that he said off-camera he felt sorry for what had happened and had made amends.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

ouch...harsh
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

post-Seinfeld life has not been kind to any of those actors.

Except maybe Jerry Stiller.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:

The other Jerry ain't exactly hurting either.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

ugh
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

wow. what the hell was he thinking? i guess he's having a rough go of it after having everything post-seinfeld fail miserably. no excuse for this though. what the hell is up with all this racism coming out of hollywood lately? first mel gibson then this.

reminds me of dave chappelle on inside the actors' studio talking about the toxic environment in hollywood that can drive you crazy. he mentioned martin lawrence waving a gun around, mariah carey stripping on TRL...and this was the main reason he turned down the 50 mil. sad stuff to see a guy like this just melt down.
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Amazing. Career = Over. The new french fryer at McDonald's.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
encina1 wrote:

The other Jerry ain't exactly hurting either.

true the guys stand up is doing suprisngly well.... hes expected a sell out crowd when he comes into town this week
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Sad to see him breakdown like that. Thats a pretty stupid move and now he won't be finding work anytime soon.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:

apparantly jerry seinfeld is on letterman tonight and michael richards is interviewed via satellite to apologize.

i saw a short clip of the interview and he seems really shaken...unlike mel gibson who seemed insincere.

should be an interesting show.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

What an idiot. He actually thought he was being funny too. Damn, I don't think I'll look at him the same when I watch Seinfeld reruns now. This guy's a loser.
Big Money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I was gonna go to the saturday show, thank god I didn't help his poclet books.
Mr. LakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Whats the problem? i understand he used racial slurs but like George Lopez said his lack of experience caught up with his blow-up. the dude sounds very up-set i think we should cut him some slack he did a mistake obviously we have all gone through the samethings which is make mistakes as we all "human-beings" do.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Mr. LakeShow wrote:
Whats the problem? i understand he used racial slurs but like George Lopez said his lack of experience caught up with his blow-up. the dude sounds very up-set i think we should cut him some slack he did a mistake obviously we have all gone through the samethings which is make mistakes as we all "human-beings" do.

Yeah, especially if it's true that the guy(s) in the audience were using racial slurs as well. Most people would've blown up in Richards position under those circumstances as well.

^^ Farmar

Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

F that! Cut him some slack my ass. Im tired of celebrities getting special treatment. Hes, or at least, was a star. He should know the type of business hes in. Cameras are ALWAYS on. Hes a comedian...he should know that dumbasses will always be out to try and throw him off during his performance .

I understand we ALL have our days but to reference lynching ....cmon

Sure, we live in world were being politically correct has gone overboard...but LYNCHING?
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
Mr. LakeShow wrote:

Yeah, especially if it's true that the guy(s) in the audience were using racial slurs as well. Most people would've blown up in Richards position under those circumstances as well.

Interesting how the video was only started once he started going off; you don't get to hear what set him off in the first place, to give it context. Still a real bonehead move regardless, but like the weak video for the UCLA taser incident (dude, bum-rush yourself to the front so you can actually film something!), without the full context, it looks worse than it may have been...

Either way, that was one of the weakest handling of hecklers I've ever seen. I watched Chapelle just demolish a heckler at a show once (in fact, it was really funny because the guy was heckling his opening act, and the opener went off on him pretty good, but then told the guy that if you try that crap on Chapelle when he comes out, he is going to publicly destroy you--"Dave's a cold blooded killer with hecklers"...which is exactly what happened).
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
eniq 0x00 wrote:
Mr. LakeShow wrote:

Interesting how the video was only started once he started going off; you don't get to hear what set him off in the first place, to give it context. Still a real bonehead move regardless, but like the weak video for the UCLA taser incident (dude, bum-rush yourself to the front so you can actually film something!), without the full context, it looks worse than it may have been...

Either way, that was one of the weakest handling of hecklers I've ever seen. I watched Chapelle just demolish a heckler at a show once (in fact, it was really funny because the guy was heckling his opening act, and the opener went off on him pretty good, but then told the guy that if you try that crap on Chapelle when he comes out, he is going to publicly destroy you--"Dave's a cold blooded killer with hecklers"...which is exactly what happened).

Tony, do you remember any of what Chapelle said to him?
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject:

He's showing his true colors. What a racist...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:

i've seen chappelle live too. if you wanna heckle him...be prepared to get torn to shreds by a guy who not only has a microphone, but a guy who is funnier and smarter than you.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Mr. LakeShow wrote:

If you don't think using racial slurs is no big deal then I guess there is no problem.

Quote:
Interesting how the video was only started once he started going off; you don't get to hear what set him off in the first place, to give it context.

What does the context matter? Better yet, what's a "proper context" to where racial slurs are ok to use?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
Mr. LakeShow wrote:

So if someone uses racial slurs on a person that makes it ok for the other person to return fire using racial slurs? It almost sounds like a "free pass" to be a racist if someone is racist towards you and that makes no sense at all. :roll:
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Julia is doing very well with her new TV series. As for the rest, they must be doing very well from all the re-runs.
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I heard the whole monolog on the radio. I have never heard anything as bad said in public by anyone. Racist to the core, a very sick man.

Last edited by Phil on Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. LakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
So if someone uses racial slurs on a person that makes it ok for the other person to return fire using racial slurs?

No it just means the person who started it caused the mess.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Mr. LakeShow wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
So if someone uses racial slurs on a person that makes it ok for the other person to return fire using racial slurs?

No it just means the person who started it caused the mess.

Caused what mess? So are you saying he caused Kramer to use racial slurs? Because that's the REAL mess.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: