View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Mr. LakeShow wrote:
Somewhere Basketball Fan is waiting to chip in this thread

Well since you asked

Most people think she married Kobe for his fame and fortune(like that would make her different than most of these women that marry athletes) and his family thought that too and disapproved of her.

Not to mention he got a different agent after meeting her and there's of course that whole Malone thing.

Plus she has this reputation of being a (bleep) to people that she considers "outsiders" or so the word goes.

I personally could care less if he married outside his race its his life and I find it laughable for black women to be upset about it when these are probably the same women that didn't care for Kobe themselves because he wasn't "thug" enough for them or something. So why should he limit his options?

If anything he should've stayed single like most professional athletes who end up cheating on their wives anyways.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
The Buss wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
Racism.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, since it seems to be the answer to every other question that comes along at LG.

I remember how much Kobe's parents dissaproved of the marrige. They didn't really talk to him for a coulple of years and I don't think they attended the wedding either. Growing up in a multi-cultural state such as California I have never really been able to understand this kind of stuff. It seems crazy to me that people could get so upset over marring someone of another race.

Not being in the Bryant family are we sure it was race or was it Daddy looking out for the best interest of his million $$ son.

I think it was both but definately the latter considering its well known in the sports industry that black men are always exposed to non black women most of the time and are considered the ideal trophy in professional sports.

I doubt he'd care if Vanessa was a side piece but as his wife she has a lot more control over him and his assets that changes things.
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
The Buss wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
Racism.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, since it seems to be the answer to every other question that comes along at LG.

I remember how much Kobe's parents dissaproved of the marrige. They didn't really talk to him for a coulple of years and I don't think they attended the wedding either. Growing up in a multi-cultural state such as California I have never really been able to understand this kind of stuff. It seems crazy to me that people could get so upset over marring someone of another race.

Not being in the Bryant family are we sure it was race or was it Daddy looking out for the best interest of his million $$ son.

Very True...it probably had a lot to do with money and age as well. Last thing old Jellybean would want was to see his millionaire son loose most of it through divorce letigations.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

She's a mother of two children. Maybe at one point in her life - especially that young age - she could have come across as a (bleep) but right now she's a mom and I have to respect that.

We should all respect that and not judge her .... I don't even get why people are into player wives. They are just normal people ...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Mr. LakeShow wrote:

Well since you asked

Most people think she married Kobe for his fame and fortune(like that would make her different than most of these women that marry athletes) and his family thought that too and disapproved of her.

Not to mention he got a different agent after meeting her and there's of course that whole Malone thing.

Plus she has this reputation of being a (bleep) to people that she considers "outsiders" or so the word goes.

I personally could care less if he married outside his race its his life and I find it laughable for black women to be upset about it when these are probably the same women that didn't care for Kobe themselves because he wasn't "thug" enough for them or something. So why should he limit his options?

If anything he should've stayed single like most professional athletes who end up cheating on their wives anyways.

I had the same thought, Kobe staying single , but if you think about it money makes women do some crazy things, to get a piece of the big pie.
I rather see him married even if he was young
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
She's a mother of two children. Maybe at one point in her life - especially that young age - she could have come across as a (bleep) but right now she's a mom and I have to respect that.

We should all respect that and not judge her ....

Please like that has stopped people from judging Anna Nicole Smith, Katie Holmes, Kate Moss etc

They're all mothers too but that doesn't mean they aren't exempt from criticism should they do something stupid of course.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Mr. LakeShow wrote:

Well since you asked

I had the same thought, Kobe staying single , but if you think about it money makes women do some crazy things, to get a piece of the big pie.
I rather see him married even if he was young

Yep like 'trapping' a man with a kid so she could get child support and be set for life.

Then again look at Federline and he did it in the reverse... it does go both ways.

I just think athletes or anyone should not kid themselves about being able to handle marriage if they know they will be compelled to cheat. Why bother? Better off single.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Please like that has stopped people from judging Anna Nicole Smith, Katie Holmes, Kate Moss etc

They're all mothers too but that doesn't mean they aren't exempt from criticism should they do something stupid of course.

They are like Kobe.

Celebs. They do media stuff and get paid millions because of the fan interest etc.

Vanessa is Kobe's wife. I have never seen her do an interview or go out of her way to be famous like say some of the other celeb wives. She doesn't get paid millions to do something that fans become obssessed with.

Big difference. She deserves privacy far more than those other names you mentioned.

Like I said - most player wives are just normal people like us. I have met a few of the NHL'ers wives and it's the same thing. There are some freakshows that just want the attention, but clearly Vanessa isn't one of them and that's why IMO she derserves the privacy.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

[quote="wolfpaclaker"]I don't even get why people are into player wives. They are just normal people ...[/quote]

ohhh that's soo not always true they can be pretty crazy like Reggie Miller's ex wife who burned down his house because she didn't get what she wanted out of the divorce due to the prenup she signed.

Of course he said that it was arson but was unable to figure out who was the culprit(yeah didn't believe him either)
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Does Vanessa have such a bad rep?

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
pgl wrote:
Really what has she ever done?Is there a reason why people dont think very highly of her.She hasnt even used kobes popularity to make a name for herself unlike other wives,that use their husbands names ot get somewhere in the entertainment business.She seems like a nice woman.

I have no idea. I was wondering that myself. She seems to be a nice woman. Physically especially. I'm happy for Kobe, I wish I could get that lucky.

And for those who think Kobe married early...let me know what you think of how early LeBron had his first kid.

LeBron is not married with his son's mom and he'll never. He's been dating other girls.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

They are like Kobe.

Celebs. They do media stuff and get paid millions because of the fan interest etc.

Vanessa is Kobe's wife. I have never seen her do an interview or go out of her way to be famous like say some of the other celeb wives. She doesn't get paid millions to do something that fans become obssessed with.

Big difference. She deserves privacy far more than those other names you mentioned.

Like I said - most player wives are just normal people like us. I have met a few of the NHL'ers wives and it's the same thing.

I don't know about "deserve" I mean she chose to marry a celebrity knowing full well people will pay attention to her whether she liked it or not. Its what it is she's a "celebrity by association". Without Kobe nobody would really care about her and she knows it.

Course she is actually staying away from the public eye for the most part however the fact of the matter is it doesn't change the stories and innuendo said about her and considering how that Malone incident got public it doesn't help her cause.

After that she doesn't "deserve" privacy... that became a national story more or less at least in the sports media.

Its the price of fame never was fair.
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

i am not sure, but what i want to know is what prompted you to make this topic?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

They are like Kobe.

Like I said - most player wives are just normal people like us. I have met a few of the NHL'ers wives and it's the same thing.

I don't know about "deserve" I mean she chose to marry a celebrity knowing full well people will pay attention to her whether she liked it or not. Its what it is she's a "celebrity by association". Without Kobe nobody would really care about her and she knows it.

Course she is actually staying away from the public eye for the most part however the fact of the matter is it doesn't change the stories and innuendo said about her and considering how that Malone incident got public it doesn't help her cause.

After that she doesn't "deserve" privacy... that became a national story more or less at least in the sports media.

I guess I'm different that way. Never felt bad for celebs getting hate ... that comes with the territory. Kobe deserved alot of the crap thrown at him because of his own decisions.

His wife? I don't think it's fair to bring her into things or judge her (which people have)
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Mr. LakeShow wrote:

Well since you asked

Plus she has this reputation of being a (bleep) to people that she considers
"outsiders" or so the word goes.

Oh, and that Karl Malone thing. If Karl did say, "hunting little mexican girls"
He a jerk and a a$$ for ssaying something so stupid.
Vanessa is a very young early 20 something women. Karl is like 40.
That was just stupid of him to engage her in such language.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

shes a arrogant (bleep) i know by experience
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

What happened cK? Did she turn you down? Didn't like the braids?

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
She married the Devil.

Then bore his offspring.

SGH

Wow, SGH, long time no read.

Hope you've been well.

MIM
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Sister Golden Hair wrote:
She married the Devil.

Then bore his offspring.

SGH

Wow, SGH, long time no read.

Hope you've been well.

MIM

Get a room.

easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:

ooooooohhhh
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

all i know is that she is freaking hot and i hate kobe because hes married to her
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:

ooooooohhhh

Right now cK is tracing my IP address and sending somebody to kick my teeth in. I was just messin, cK.

Actually, I posted that as a joke, obviously, but I'd really like to know what she did to you, cK. What was your experience that showed you she was an arrogant (bleep)?

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

They are like Kobe.

I guess I'm different that way. Never felt bad for celebs getting hate ... that comes with the territory. Kobe deserved alot of the crap thrown at him because of his own decisions.

His wife? I don't think it's fair to bring her into things or judge her (which people have)

Well its one thing to get hate but I think some of it crosses the line(stalkers, hate mail etc) I mean you can't please everyone but at the same time your life and freedom shouldn't be threatened(wrongly) either.

As far as Vanessa well she definately made it easy to judge her I mean when you accept a diamond ring after your husband cheated on you and was accused of rape in the process not to mention the whole Karl Malone debacle along with being a cause in the estrangement of Kobe and his parents. Then honestly she shouldn't be surprised if there are people out there who may not think much of her it comes with the territory.

Like you said being a celebrity isn't always fair well neither is being married to one either.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Mr. LakeShow wrote:

Well since you asked

If he said that and it wouldn't surprise me yeah I think its stupid but I also think Vanessa isn't exactly "innocent" either. If anything she probably did it to get attention. Just find it hard to believe Karl would be so hard up that he'd go for Vanessa there are probably a lot of single and possibly better looking Mexican chicks out there that wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

Then again I wasn't there so I don't really know what happened.
pgl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I figured it to be a hot topic of dicussion on an off day for the team.I never really have seen a topic about it.Its brought some varying answers and opinions.I respect her,its very difficult to raise children at such a young age and she has dealt with a lot of challenges,not many woman would be able to overcome what she has the last few years.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
easybreeze wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Mr. LakeShow wrote:

Well since you asked

If he said that and it wouldn't surprise me yeah I think its stupid but I also think Vanessa isn't exactly "innocent" either. If anything she probably did it to get attention. Just find it hard to believe Karl would be so hard up that he'd go for Vanessa there are probably a lot of single and possibly better looking Mexican chicks out there that wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

Then again I wasn't there so I don't really know what happened.

I don't think Karls intention was to make a pass at her, I think he overrestimated her maturity level.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: