Official USC vs UCLA football thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Quite an amazing win, never could breathe a sigh of relief until there were zeros across the board. Great game, Karl Dorrell deserves major props.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
Quite an amazing win, never could breathe a sigh of relief until there were zeros across the board. Great game, Karl Dorrell deserves major props.

I had the strange feeling that USC return man might just run the last punt back for a TD if he got a hold of it. No chance though because the UCLA punter was clutch on his last kick.
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I thought USC would win until the late INT. I hope this game will do something to prompt the University Presidents to abolish the BCS. It is disgraceful that a undeserving team like USC entered today with an opportunity to play for the national championship over much better teams. They proved earlier this year they are anything but championship material, but just a short time after losing to an unranked team the pro-USC media had them right back at #2. Now they lose to another unranked team. I hope the pro-BCS crowd spends some time realizing that their prized system was just about to send a team just as overrated as Notre Dame to play for the championship.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject:

wow wow wow

just got back from the game and into my place...about to go out again

wow wowowowowowwowowowowowowo

8 clap whooooooooooooooooooooos with me?
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Bruins were in John David's Bootie all game. Nice win for UCLA! Carroll can take his act to the NFL.
DroppinDimes
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

8 clap time!

clap
clap
clap
clap
clap
clap
clap
clap

U
clap clap clap
C
clap clap clap
LLLLLL
clap clap clap
A
clap clap clap

U-C-L-A fight fight fight!

8)
jlkr42
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

UCLA's defense did well today. Big win for Dorrell, he needed this one badly. But their offense still needs work, SC stopped them once they figured out Cowan's scrambles. They just couldn't get any rhythm going until that last drive thanks to the great defense UCLA played. Once that last drive got underway, I had the feeling they were going to score unless UCLA got a turnover. Which they did.

UCLA still isn't going to be that great next year though. Maybe a little higher in the Pac-10. On the other hand, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for SC: personally, I think it was a miracle they were still thisclose to the BCS championship this late in the season. So there's nothing to be ashamed of. And they have a lot of returnees next year.
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject:

jlkr42 wrote:
UCLA's defense did well today. Big win for Dorrell, he needed this one badly. But their offense still needs work, SC stopped them once they figured out Cowan's scrambles. They just couldn't get any rhythm going until that last drive thanks to the great defense UCLA played. Once that last drive got underway, I had the feeling they were going to score unless UCLA got a turnover. Which they did.

UCLA still isn't going to be that great next year though. Maybe a little higher in the Pac-10. On the other hand, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year for SC: personally, I think it was a miracle they were still thisclose to the BCS championship this late in the season. So there's nothing to be ashamed of. And they have a lot of returnees next year.

Uh, UCLA returns 18 starters next year, with only one loss on the defensive side. That means, the group that just dominated SC, will be back in 2007.

Go Bruins!

I can't wait to chant "JUST LIKE FOOTBALL" in the Galen Center
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject:

Amazing game. When my wife actually gets into a football game, something is definitely up.

I'm not even going to talk to some Trojan alum I know. They won't be able to swallow this one.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

FarmartoAfflalo wrote:
jlkr42 wrote:

Uh, UCLA returns 18 starters next year, with only one loss on the defensive side. That means, the group that just dominated SC, will be back in 2007.

Go Bruins!

I can't wait to chant "JUST LIKE FOOTBALL" in the Galen Center

Losing Hickman next year will hurt, but as long as they show ACTUAL, won-loss record growth on top of the $C win (not just the cliches about "growth" and being "a young team"), then we'll be fine. I'd hate to see the team regress and fall back into a 6-6, 7-5 year again.

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!
MIM
NappyFox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

some funny stuff on found on another site
link
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: