Anyone have the WII yet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe_Please_Stay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Anyone have the WII yet?

I'm hearing some really great reviews on Nintendo's new WII system. They're saying the gameplay is absolutely amazing, although graphics don't par up to Xbox 360 or PS3, lots and lots are saying the gameplay makes up for it...

I'm interested to hear some LG reviews....

Thanks guys!
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

in short if you're on the fence about a wii....

DO IT MITCH.....no seriously its a great system. I had one over the thanksgiving break and my whole family...mom, dad,sister, her husband, grandma everybody wanted to play wii sports. its that easy and fun. plus if that is a launch title, the possibilities with the wii remote are endless. imagine when they have time to perfect the movements how fun a tiger woods game will be or whatever.

not to mention zelda and the ability to download old nintendo games...+wifi...its sick man.
Kobe_Please_Stay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

PWiddy wrote:
in short if you're on the fence about a wii....

DO IT MITCH.....no seriously its a great system. I had one over the thanksgiving break and my whole family...mom, dad,sister, her husband, grandma everybody wanted to play wii sports. its that easy and fun. plus if that is a launch title, the possibilities with the wii remote are endless. imagine when they have time to perfect the movements how fun a tiger woods game will be or whatever.

not to mention zelda and the ability to download old nintendo games...+wifi...its sick man.

Thanks so much! Anyone else? I've heard nothing but good stuff...Thanks again Pwiddy, appreciate it bro!
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

It only supports 480p so if you got a nice HDTV the Wii won't take advantage of that. The Wii is basically a slightly upgraded Gamecube as far as power goes.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

whats up with you gamers its like everyday a 3 new gaming thread pop ups. I aint hating but where do you guys find the time?
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LALakers999 wrote:
whats up with you gamers its like everyday a 3 new gaming thread pop ups. I aint hating but where do you guys find the time?

Late nights baby. Right after doing what your avatar is doing.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
LALakers999 wrote:

what 999 is doing in his avatar is just an excuse to compensate for one's geekery. . I agree with 999 tho. When I was in college, I played console games for about 5 hrs a day. Now, whenever i get a new game, i find cheats right away since i don't have time to sit and figure the game out.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
psydesho wrote:
LALakers999 wrote:

what 999 is doing in his avatar is just an excuse to compensate for one's geekery. . I agree with 999 tho. When I was in college, I played console games for about 5 hrs a day. Now, whenever i get a new game, i find cheats right away since i don't have time to sit and figure the game out.

LMAO!!!! geekery?? good one...I had one avi that kept it real with a guy spanking the monkey (literally) but i think the mods tore that mofo down... LOL

back to the VG thing i never got into gaming after super mario 3.. <~~ i still love that game... just A n B start and select....

not triangle, 'O', square, rectangle, toggle, r1 r2 l1 l2 left toggle select and start baaaaaah!!!! ol 16 bit is good enough for me....
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

definitely with you on super mario 3. Still to this day, on of the top 5 greatest games of all time. yea. yur old avatar is what these gamers were REALLY doing.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Back on track...

I've been playing Zelda since I got my Wii. It's fantastic. The controller takes some getting used to, especially for Zelda, but it's a lot of fun. And the Wii comes with a game called Wii Sports. Initially, it seemed like a throwaway pack-in game, but if you have a few people playing, it's ridiculously fun. And it's really easy for non-gamers to get into it as well. And of course, there's the Virtual Console. The price might not be right for some of the games, but being able to download and play classic NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and Turbo Grafix 16 (along with, possibly, MSX and C64 games later on) and play them on the Wii is an awesome feature.

Downsides to the Wii: I don't have any idea about how online play is yet, but connecting to other people is sort of a hassle. And like other people have said, it's not as powerful as either the 360 or PS3. If you're looking for some sort of high-def experience from the Wii, you won't get it.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I have a Ps3 and a Xbox360...those are the only two I will buy.
chef
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

....because you are now out of money?

mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject:

chef wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

....because you are now out of money?

I can tell you one thing man. PS3 is gonna lose the console war. So out of generosity I'll offer you 10 bucks. Take it or leave it.
Kobe_Please_Stay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Appreciate the insight fella's...Especially those who had the systems in their hands...

It looks like I'll give the wii a shot...
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

I'll probably buy one eventually. I really don't care about graphics. I'm all about gameplay and killing precious time when I don't feel like working. If it's fun, I'll play it, no matter how good or bad the graphics are. If the Wii is really as fun as everyone says, then I'll definitely pick one up (eventually). I just can't wait to play all those classic games. I actually went to Fry's last night to see if I could demo the Wii or PS3 but they didn't have either one.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

So which one is better?
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:

360 is obviously better now....time will tell how the games are developed for ps3. remember when 360 came out there werent many games and people were calling it a failure. My only problem with graphics is when they design games purely based on it. I would MUCH rather have a game that is not visually stunning but will entertain for hours rather than a game that blows you away when you look at it but isnt fun.

How long can you appreciate graphics if gameplay sucks? The only reason I sold my ps3 and kept wii is that nintendo if nothing else is known for making EXCELLENT games. there will always be those couple legendary games on each console that make it worth it for me. Now on games like call of duty etc. I wouldnt think of getting it for wii over 360. So if I didnt have a console I am not sure which I would want. Probably a 360 if I had to choose....it gives you both in the developed games GOW etc. and the graphics. I am sure PS3 will have solid games as well only thing that scares me is I think blue ray loses this war....then what?

I am very interested to see how the wii online works out. only downside is like someobdy mentioned its a pain to add friends....they only use #s which will have to change I am sure. I heard dec. 20th they are supposed to have an upgrade to your interface. Hopefully this'll launch the browser and weather/news channels...that'll be too dope.
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject:

I got one on launch day Wii Sports and Zelda are so much fun to play with the remote. Targetting has never been this easy on a console!

I also bought a 360 but that thing broke down on me 10 days after I got it. I've been hearing a lot of 360's breaking down even until now. Rather than getting a replacement I just decided to get a refund. Too bad I was enjoying Gears of War on it too. I won't get another one til Billy Gates and Co. ups the quality of the hardware.

For now, the Wii, despite it's graphical and non-HD shortcomings, it's emphasis on gameplay (as Nintendo has always done) makes it soooo worth it.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have the WII yet?

Kobe_Please_Stay wrote:
I'm hearing some really great reviews on Nintendo's new WII system. They're saying the gameplay is absolutely amazing, although graphics don't par up to Xbox 360 or PS3, lots and lots are saying the gameplay makes up for it...

I'm interested to hear some LG reviews....

Thanks guys!

Update: Ok guys, being a PS1 and PS2 Fanboy, it was tough for me to branch out to Nintendo and go old school...but all I have to say is...

GET THE WII...The Gameplay is INCREDIBLE...Had the whole family get into it!

Nintendo is sitting on Gold with this one, I'm sure the games will get better as developers get comfortble for the WII, but for now Wii Sports is Kicken like chicken...tryin' to figure out which game 2 buy today...

Scoring one was not easy...I waited about 3 hours on Sunday morning to get one, Circuit City got about 30 and about 30 people behind me weren't able to score one

Thanks again everyone!
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

It's those easy to pick up games that will draw a bunch of casual gamers to the Wii and in turn make Nintendo more money this generation. Titles like Wii Play and Wario Ware Smooth Moves will come out in January which should hook more casual gamers to the system.

If you want games to play on the Wii at the moment, get Zelda and Rayman Raving Rabbids. With Rayman you get to milk cows with the Wiimote and Nunchuk.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject:

I've been searching for one frantically and missed out this past weekend because the lines were long. I went to Toys R Us and they had at least 150+ people waiting in line for a Wii. I went to CircuitCity and I missed out there too. Damn this shortage.

I have played the Wii though. It's incredibly fun and very cool. I played Zelda for it too and I fell in love with the controls. It feels natural and awesome. I can't wait to get my own copy.
kobetime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

The wii is awesome...I have 2 beautiful kids and they prefer that over my PS3...The wii's are made for kids and I have to admit I beginning to second guess the PS3 a lil bit. I have the PS3, wii, and Xbox360. For now I'll put the Xbox360 on top follow by the wii and last place is the PS3 just because there's just more games for the Xbox360. The price on the Wii alone will rate it as number 1 console sold for this Holiday. I recommend getting the Wii if you want to entertain a bunch of kids...If you are a hardcore gamer get the XBox360 or the PS3.
Kobe_Please_Stay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

kobetime wrote:

The wii is awesome...I have 2 beautiful kids and they prefer that over my PS3...The wii's are made for kids and I have to admit I beginning to second guess the PS3 a lil bit. I have the PS3, wii, and Xbox360. For now I'll put the Xbox360 on top follow by the wii and last place is the PS3 just because there's just more games for the Xbox360. The price on the Wii alone will rate it as number 1 console sold for this Holiday. I recommend getting the Wii if you want to entertain a bunch of kids...If you are a hardcore gamer get the XBox360 or the PS3.

I also recommend getting the Wii if you're a casual gamer as well. I used to be addicted to the original nintendo when I was 10 and 11, then came Genesis, and PS2...

I've had trouble finishing games on PS2 simply because games got boring for me, gameplay not as exciting...

Another update: Picked up Zelda for the Wii the other day, Loving it!!! Controlling Link with the nun chuck and the remote is freakin' AWESOME!

Anyway guys, don't mean to be a fanboy or anything but the Wii has suprised me big time...Just ordered Trauma Center Second Opinion will let you know how that goes when I receive it in the mail.

Quick note, if you go to: Buy.Com and use Google Checkout you can save $20 bucks on orders $50 or more. Great Deal!

Take care fellas!
kobetime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Kobe_Please_Stay wrote:
kobetime wrote:

Quick note, if you go to: Buy.Com and use Google Checkout you can save $20 bucks on orders $50 or more. Great Deal!

Take care fellas!

Thanks for the info! I also recommend getting the Rayman if you have kids. Its the funniest thing ever!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: