Nose hairs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Nose hairs?

I've been missing LALakers999 recently, so this thread is in his honor.

I'm a fairly young looking guy who recently hit 30. The one area where I feel like I'm starting to show some age is that my nose hairs seem to be growing a lot faster these days.

Is this something others are finding happening to them as well? If so, at what age did nose hair growth start to be noticeable to you? And what's the best way to control this? Hair tends to grow faster if you trim it, so I'm a bit worried about this. Do you use a nose hair trimmer or a pair of slim scissors?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Hey, happy birthday. I just turned 30 this month as well.

I got 'em, so I just have a full beard and mustache to cover everything up. The longer the facial hair, the more difficult it is to see the nose hairs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

funny i just posted my days experience right after this thread..LOL
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Nose hairs?

Socks wrote:

I'm a fairly young looking guy who recently hit 30. The one area where I feel like I'm starting to show some age is that my nose hairs seem to be growing a lot faster these days.

Is this something others are finding happening to them as well? If so, at what age did nose hair growth start to be noticeable to you? And what's the best way to control this? Hair tends to grow faster if you trim it, so I'm a bit worried about this. Do you use a nose hair trimmer or a pair of slim scissors?

they have these trimmers where you can get all of your nose hair.. and if you really get old they also have them for ears... I think Norelco makes em
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Nose hairs?

Socks wrote:

Try braiding it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Nose hairs?

24 wrote:
Socks wrote:

Try braiding it.

I use them as a comb-over
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Nose hairs?

encina1 wrote:
24 wrote:
Socks wrote:

Try braiding it.

I use them as a comb-over

Mr. Trump?
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I got them. I'm in my mid twenties...started noticing the problem in my early twenties. It sucks...but I got a goatee to cover it up. I usually use scissors with rounded ends to trim the hairs...but I've been tempted to upgrade to an electric nose hair trimmer.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

I take a few minutes once a week or so, and pull them out with my fingers. What you have to do is put your thumb in your nostril and push the end of it against the back of the soft part of your nostril, sort of rolling it. This exposes any hairs that would otherwise not be detected. Then you press the fingernail of your pointer or middle finger firmly against the pad of the thumb, immediately next to your nostril. If you do this correctly (and you'll know when you do) you will have a hair or two held tightly between the fingernail and thumb. Then do a quick yank, or pull, and you'll feel them come right out. You continue this around the edge of both nostrils until the rolling of the thumb and the pressing of the fingernail do not result in the grasping of any hairs. It takes a bit of practice, but the advantages of this method are that you're sure to rid yourself of any and all hairs that are even close to being long enough to cause embarrassment, and you can do this without needing a mirror or any tools. It's all by feel. If you can get past the "I'm picking my nose with my thumb" feeling, you're good to go. This is not a joke. I'm totally serious. No tools. No mirror. Quick. Complete.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:

Nose hairs are punk.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
I take a few minutes once a week or so, and pull them out with my fingers. What you have to do is put your thumb in your nostril and push the end of it against the back of the soft part of your nostril, sort of rolling it. This exposes any hairs that would otherwise not be detected. Then you press the fingernail of your pointer or middle finger firmly against the pad of the thumb, immediately next to your nostril. If you do this correctly (and you'll know when you do) you will have a hair or two held tightly between the fingernail and thumb. Then do a quick yank, or pull, and you'll feel them come right out. You continue this around the edge of both nostrils until the rolling of the thumb and the pressing of the fingernail do not result in the grasping of any hairs. It takes a bit of practice, but the advantages of this method are that you're sure to rid yourself of any and all hairs that are even close to being long enough to cause embarrassment, and you can do this without needing a mirror or any tools. It's all by feel. If you can get past the "I'm picking my nose with my thumb" feeling, you're good to go. This is not a joke. I'm totally serious. No tools. No mirror. Quick. Complete.

Man Law!

But seriously...that sounds pretty tight...I'm definitely gonna try that out. Thanks bro.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

Right on.

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:

Yea, that doesn't sound painful at all.
I, too, am a victim of rapid nose hair growth. (RNHG) Every other week I'll bust out the ultra-thin scissors (5-8 bucks) and go to town. Make sure to get into the crevices as to avoid missing any of those sneaky little SOBs which may be tryin to hide from ya.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:

Dude, that's the second time you've made me cringe today. You are the master of all body hair!
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

You aren't man enough if you don't pull the hair out with bare hands.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

Y'all need nose hairs. Don't shave them or pull them all out or whatever it is you do. They are there for a reason. They filter the air and even keep you from getting sick. I use a very small scissors and just clip the renegade ones. Very simple and I only do this once every few weeks. I'm 32 BTW.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

TheRod wrote:
Yeah, I got them. I'm in my mid twenties...started noticing the problem in my early twenties. It sucks...but I got a goatee to cover it up. I usually use scissors with rounded ends to trim the hairs...but I've been tempted to upgrade to an electric nose hair trimmer.

I don't know about everyone else, but I would really like to see the goatee that covers up nose hairs! Do you comb it up over your nose?
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Last week I sat in the car waiting for my wife for about 30 minutes and pulled all the nose hairs out by hand. It didn't hurt as much as tweezers and there were no buggars. I felt better immediately.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
Last week I sat in the car waiting for my wife for about 30 minutes and pulled all the nose hairs out by hand. It didn't hurt as much as tweezers and there were no buggars. I felt better immediately.

Right on! This is the way!

Another advantage to doing it by hand is that you only pull out the renegade hairs. When you cut and/or trim with tools, it's easy to go overboard. As one poster said, nose hairs definitely serve a purpose. It's never good to completely rid your nostrils of all hair. The hairs that are long enough to peek out of their hole and cause embarrassment must be shown who's in charge, though.

NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:

Dude, that's the second time you've made me cringe today. You are the master of all body hair!

Better to master your body hair than to let your body hair master YOU.

Mr. LakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Not to go OT but does anyone know how to wax there ass without causing much pain?
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

^^^Don't know if the "without causing much pain" part was covered, but go ahead and read the "Shaving your entire body" thread.

Mr. LakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Thanks will do..
Big Money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have any problems with those hairs in the hard to see places, u know, the a$$*^!&. Its a jungle back there and its a problem when I wipe. It seems to stick to the hair. I don't want to pull them out or go somewhere and get them waxed. Is there anything I can take so it can start balding back there? Is there any use to a$$%*!& hair? Any help?
NappyFox
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Try a lighter and burn ur ass hairs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: