Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
in-n-out carries chili peppers on the side

Ah, I forgot about the peppers. Here I am getting all excited about the prospect of getting the best of both worlds with a Double Double done "Tommy's Style". Hey wait. I should try that. There's a Tommy's and In N Out both right near my house.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

Oh, snap.

The thought of In N Out just hit me!

A juicy double-double, fries with thousand island spread, and a diet coke.

Oh man. I can't wait to go home for Christmas.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

A double-double and chocolate shake from In-N-Out is the best known food and drink combo known to man. They go hand and hand, the shake will actually make the burger taste better, the burger does the same for the shake.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

chef wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
On the subject of burgers, has anybody tried that one at Ruby Tuesday's, the triple sirloin burger, or something like that? I haven't tried it, but the commercials talk about how tender and juicy it is, and how it melts in your mouth. They combine like 3 different types of ground steak to make it. Sounds pretty tasty.

I've said it before, though. You can have your In n Out, your Tommy's, your whatever. Just give me a Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger, and leave me alone. I've tried to convince myself that my favorite burger shouldn't come from Carl's Jr., but the DWBC just can't be topped.

we don't have ruby tuesdays here, do we?

My bad. I'm here in AZ. I just automatically assume that if a restaurant chain exists on this side of the Mississippi River, there are at least 12 of them in SoCal.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

my grill in the backyard.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
my grill in the backyard.

Do you have a drive-thru in your back yard?
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Flight wrote:
Oh, snap.

The thought of In N Out just hit me!

A juicy double-double, fries with thousand island spread, and a diet coke.

Oh man. I can't wait to go home for Christmas.

thousand island like spread,mayoniasse based
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

My Burgers (I'm a vegatarian)

Whole wheat bun and Veggie burger grilled on garlic butter (Total Control). Top burger with home made Guacamole, tomatoe, romaine lettuce and bermuda (red) onion.

When I splurge it's always the In & Out without the cheeese.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

In-N-Out, Fatburger & Islands takes the cake.

I also believe Red Robin makes a very underated burger.
Chewrockan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Pie and Burger on California and Lake in Pasadena. Seriously gives In n Out a run for its money. It won best burger in LA for 2004 in the "best of LA" magazine thing. The fries suck, but the burger is out of this world.

The Habit like ventura mentioned is also really good.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:

TheRod wrote:
Dude..."The Hat" is crazy good. I usually have to take a 3 hour nap after eating there, but it's worth it.

Bro, animal style fries from In-n-Out have NOTHING on chili-cheese-pastrami-gravy fries from Da Hat. I saw some dude hunched over a tray of those the other day at lunch.

Straight brutal.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Exick wrote:
Larry, does that thing actually exist? I've seen the Carl's ads for it, but I just thought it was something funny they were doing to promote the Palms. I dunno if a 24 year old bottle of wine goes well with a burger.

Dunno -- I was just making a joke in reference to the same commercial.

A nice Bordeaux would be pretty good with a burger, but not ideal. I like to drink Zinfandel with them, which holds its own with the strong burger flavors.

BTW, if you think the "$6,000 value meal" is extreme, then you have to read this article:

LINK

Try an Amarone. It's an Italian wine where the grapes are pressed after partial sun-drying. The combination of the extra sugars and the other factors in drying make these really big wines with great raisin undertones. They go great with red meat and spicy dishes. For the most bang for the buck, I recommend Righetti.
surfbu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

chef wrote:
I'm not a fan of In-n-Out. Just not a fan.

HOUSTONS and Father's Office make great burgers. Also, the Cheesecake factory does a good burger as well. I also love Islands' hawaiian burger...so good.

For fast food, I like Fatburger way more than In-n-out. I had in-n-out on saturday in fact..didn't really dig it....

Yeah...thats Bleu Cheese burger at Fathers Office is amazing.

Apple Pan on Pico is a great burger joint too. I hate that the waiting people hover over you...but other than that....great burger.

Islands make good bugers...but I have been hooked on the "Yaki" soft taco's and generally that all I ever get when I go there.

If you are ever in Scottsdale, AZ, the Valley Ho hotel has a friggin awesoime bleucheese buger along the lines of Fathers office as well. I think it might be better though.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

One of the only things I miss about living in LA. In n Out and Tommy's (the original, not one of those pop-up franchise dealies).

Out here in Indy (er, Bloomington rather) they got these Steak n Shake places that mid-westerners go for. Personally, they don't hold up.

Oh yeah, and Carls Jr. are called Hardy's out here. Same place with a different name. Just like Best Foods mayonaisse is renamed Hellman's out East. Dunno why, it just is.

But yeah, I miss In n Out. I make it a point to treat my kids to a double double whenever we visit. It's like going to a foreign land.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Muad'Dib wrote:
TheRod wrote:
Dude..."The Hat" is crazy good. I usually have to take a 3 hour nap after eating there, but it's worth it.

Bro, animal style fries from In-n-Out have NOTHING on chili-cheese-pastrami-gravy fries from Da Hat. I saw some dude hunched over a tray of those the other day at lunch.

Straight brutal.

Oh. My. God.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Red Robin >>>>> Islands hands down.

As far as fast food goes, I stick with In-N-Out, even though their service sucks ass most of the time.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

In N Out is #1 forever in my book.

They have a Ruby Tuesdays here in DC. Overrated burgers, IMO.

Oh, and if you're ever in the DC/VA/MD area, you have got to check out this little burger joint called "FIVE GUYS." Ridiculously tasty burgers. It's like the East Coast's version of In N Out. Straight up devastating burger.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Try an Amarone. It's an Italian wine where the grapes are pressed after partial sun-drying. The combination of the extra sugars and the other factors in drying make these really big wines with great raisin undertones. They go great with red meat and spicy dishes. For the most bang for the buck, I recommend Righetti.

I've had Amarone with meat, but not with burgers. You're right -- it should be a really good pairing. I'll have to give it a try.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
As far as fast food goes, I stick with In-N-Out, even though their service sucks ass most of the time.

That's never been my experience.

Then again, most of the time I eat at In-N-Out, it's the one that's a two minute walk from their corporate headquarters, so this one may be different.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Now I'm all hungry.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

In-N-Out is just the basics, but very well executed. They are very fresh for a fast food place. Try not to eat too many hamburgers, unless you want to keep the cardiologists busy. I understand Pete Maravich used to like to eat Tommy's hamburgers, which are especially greasy. He still played pickup basketball to the end, but the exercise didn't save him from a heart attack.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

I have a thing for Red Robin's Royal Red Robin burger. Gourmet burger topped with an egg.... The chain started out at a popular dive in the UW district of Seattle, and this was the signature burger.
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

In N Out is Great

RED ROBIN has a VERY GOOD burgers. The Monster Burger, Califronia Chicken Burger and the BBQ Whiskey is to die for.

Has anyone ever tried Cowboy Burgers? They are very underrated.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:

how does the service suck?referring the the waiting time sometimes?
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
PushingtheLimit wrote:

how does the service suck?referring the the waiting time sometimes?

Pretty much. The walk up seems like it's second fiddle to their drive-thru, and the workers at the front seem very disinterested in serving the customers that get out of their cars. I've had at least 4-5 instances where they just are flat out rude and obnoxious to the point where they were arguing about who was going to hand out the food to us. I saw my order sitting on the counter for 4 minutes, and by the time i got it it was cold, and not enjoyable. Sadly, I can't resist how good the food is sometimes and still put myself through that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: