Damn I was so close to getting such a ....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryant42pointsathalf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Damn I was so close to getting such a ....

valuabe piece of memoriblia

I was so close to getting something i really wanted today

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-Lakers-USED-Kobe-Bryant-BASKETBALL-Jersey-SHAQ_W0QQitemZ260071528098QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50135QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was sure I had it, i raised bid from 182 to 320 and no one bid for last 20 minutes...then 10 seconds left in the auction i raised it to 325 , but then with 2 seconds left in the auction , this random guy raised it even more and won it at $330!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

I WANTED IT SO BADDDDDDDDDDDDLY!!!

BEST DEAL EVER!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject:

It will go nicely in my collection.

Just kidding.

Hook up with a bid sniper program. That's what the winner did.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject:

Whats that...

Sidenote: it was best laker item I have ever seen, almost to good to be true, worn by kobe and signed by entire 2000 champoinship team....i was going to post it here for ppl to see if its legit, but didn't want to bring it to attention.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject:

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:
Whats that...

Sidenote: it was best laker item I have ever seen, almost to good to be true, worn by kobe and signed by entire 2000 champoinship team....i was going to post it here for ppl to see if its legit, but didn't want to bring it to attention.

worn by kobe? XL?

are those signatures even real? man dunno if thats legit. just my opinion tho
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject:

of course it's real, it comes with Certifcate of Authenticity.....from.....ORIGINAL OWNER!

If you would pay over 3 bills for that, i have a basketball signed by this year's team and it comes with a certificate of authenticity...from..ME!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject:

Whats that...

There's a lot of different companies and software available. It's pretty easy. You just set the max you want to pay and with how many seconds left you want to bid. Keep an eye out on the auction as people may drive up the price past your max bid. Adjust your settings, if needed. Then the bid sniper comes in at the last second and bids up to your max. That's what the guy who won it did.

There's a bunch out there. Here's one I've used a few times:
http://www.auctionsniper.com/
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject:

btw he doesn't accept paypal, he knows if the buyer finds out it's fake (if it is) than basically the buyer is screwed because there's nothing ebay can do about getting their money back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
KobeBryant42pointsathalf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
of course it's real, it comes with Certifcate of Authenticity.....from.....ORIGINAL OWNER!

If you would pay over 3 bills for that, i have a basketball signed by this year's team and it comes with a certificate of authenticity...from..ME!

The sigs look pretty legit to me, man....

But seriously, if your a fan and you just get something signed by an athlete how can you proove it's legit, unless you have a pic its really hard...just gotta judge by sigs..
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:

The sigs look pretty legit to me, man....

But seriously, if your a fan and you just get something signed by an athlete how can you proove it's legit, unless you have a pic its really hard...just gotta judge by sigs..

you could always send things into to BGS or UD to get a certificate, they'll do all these different tests and judge it up against a authentic signature, yeah it'll cost money but I bet if he had a UD CoA with that jersey it would've gone for twice as much. I have a UD certified Kobe autographed 8 x10 and that sig looks nothing like the one on that jersey.

i dunno i may be totally wrong, but i don't think those are real autographs, atleast not all of them.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject:

That's why you set a maximum bid, not a minimum bid. You should have set it to 400.

^^ Farmar

shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
btw he doesn't accept paypal, he knows if the buyer finds out it's fake (if it is) than basically the buyer is screwed because there's nothing ebay can do about getting their money back.

That's one opinion, I suppose. However, by accepting paypal for high ticket items, the seller is at greater risk because both the buyer AND paypal could screw him.
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject:

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
i dunno i may be totally wrong, but i don't think those are real autographs, atleast not all of them.

I agree. Look at Kobe's. It looks like an obvious fake IMO.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject:

Absolute fake. You should be glad you lost the auction. Man, I feel sorry for the guy who won. got scammed pretty bad...
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject:

I have a Lakers basketball signed by 05-06 Laker Team and coaching staff along with Stu and the comet head Haley. Everytime I had a friends came to my house they like dang...............

"If you are a LAKER FAN, you are LAKERS FOR LIFE" - Doc Buss

- NBA BIAS
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject:

the K in Kobe's signature definitely looks fake, as compared to the way he signed it on the jersey, basketball and sneakers I have. AndI know mine are real, because the jersey and ball I got directly from the Lakers, and the sneakers he signed directly to me - in front of me!
lakerskobe247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
the K in Kobe's signature definitely looks fake, as compared to the way he signed it on the jersey, basketball and sneakers I have. AndI know mine are real, because the jersey and ball I got directly from the Lakers, and the sneakers he signed directly to me - in front of me!

Kobe might've of signed it in from the year 2000.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject:

I have a shoe that kobe signed for me, i also had a picture taken with me holding the shoe and kobe standing next to me, of course i won't sell it but it's hard to autenticate something you personally had signed by an athlete, mine maybe or may not be easier with the photo.....but that jersey on ebay looks like crap, i dont even think the lakers wore a practice jersey like that then...
Aloha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
That's why you set a maximum bid, not a minimum bid. You should have set it to 400.

well we dont know is what the other bidder(s) MAX was...
you do know that it took the increment (5) to beat out other max (Yours)

I believe most competitive auction - action takes place within the last 10 seconds.
When I bid for something that I really want, Im in it within the last few seconds or I do bid my max and see...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: