Ca$hville Records Signs Cali MC C-Bo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Ca$hville Records Signs Cali MC C-Bo

Rapper Young Buck continues to expand his Ca$hville record label, having recently signed pioneering Sacramento, CA rapper, C-Bo.

While terms of the deal are being finalized, C-Bo, real name Shawn Thomas, will be the first artist to release an album off the Ca$hville label, Young Buck revealed to AllHipHop.com.

“C-Bo is about to f*** the game up,” Young Buck told AllHipHop.com. “A lot of people already know what's up with `Bo from an independent standpoint, so I can just put him out and bring him to the world on a worldwide platform and keep that same independent feel.”

Known as one of the Bay area’s most infamous rhyme bosses, C-Bo has reportedly sold over 2 million albums independently since 1993.

C-Bo has worked with a number of high profile rappers throughout his career, including Tupac Shakur, E-40, The Outlawz, Mac Dre, Yukmouth and others.

He has released several critically acclaimed albums including Gas Chamber, Enemy of the State and what many feel is his most controversial release, 1998's Til My Casket Drops.

The album contained a song titled "Deadly Game" in which C-Bo talked about shooting a police officer. Officials ruled that the lyrics violated the terms of C-Bo]s probation and jailed him.

The case was later dismissed.

C-Bo recently drew headlines when his West Coast Mafia imprint released Arizona based white Hip-Hop group Woodpile, which celebrates "white pride."

According to Young Buck, C-Bo will drop an independent album through a one album deal with Koch, while a distribution home is negotiated for the Ca$ville imprint.

“Warner Bros. is making big, big, big moves right now toward what I'm doing,” Young Buck said. "Being that I can take my label outside of Interscope there's been a lot of labels reaching out to me. I don't know if I want to take it to Warner Bros. or Atlantic or Def Jam or Universal, I don't know. Everybody's talking good and at the end of the day I just want the best opportunity.”

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6617
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: