Would you guys trade Bynum for Bosh?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bynum for Bosh
Yes!
41%
 41%  [ 26 ]
No!
58%
 58%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 63

Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject:

yes
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject:

So many no's...wow Bynum is seriously overrated on here.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject:

Team Bryant wrote:
So many no's...wow Bynum is seriously overrated on here.

bynum gives us what we need more than bosh. bosh can't anchor D, he can't block like andrew. when bynum reaches his potential...look out. also bosh gets his numbers as the best player on a garbage team. bynum plays with a guy named kobe bryant and a guy named lamar odom.
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject:

Granted Bynum isn't even in Bosh's league right now, and I'm sure there is no one on these boards that would disagree, it's scary how many people are saying no. That's how much potential this kid has.

Know what? I think the Lakers' front office would say no, too. I really don't think that they are giving up Bynum for anything short of Howard, Oden, Durant, LeBron, etc. I realize that putting Oden and Durant there may be premature, but I personally think they are no brainers. Durant is easily the next KG, and Oden would be the best defensive center in the league from the first game that he played.

Bosh may be his 22/11, and maybe max out at 25/12 one year, but he will never be dominant. Even as a PF, he isn't a power player. He is a finesse player, and gets all of his points in rhythm. You can't just dump the ball off to him 30 times a night and expect him to score or create an easy layup for a teammate. With Bynum, potentially, you can. I won't even get started on how Bynum is already more intimidating defensively, still in (what might as well be) his rookie season.

Think of it like the Lakers trading Vlade for Kobe. You're trading away one of the better centers in the NBA for a kid who could be a superstar. You're taking a gamble. Sometimes it won't pay off, and you'll regret it. However, when/if it does pay off, you get several shiny banners up in the rafters.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject:

Are you kidding me? In a heartbeat. Trade a slow unathletic bug man with no moves for a superstar monster athkete big man who blocks shots and boards almost as well? Not even a contest. Bynum doesn't have the physical tools to ever be dominant. Bosh is already a superstar. Kobe + Bosh + Odom= Dynasty
Prometheus8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject:

No way. Watching Bynum's astonishing rate of improvement is too much fun.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
also bosh gets his numbers as the best player on a garbage team. bynum plays with a guy named kobe bryant and a guy named lamar odom.

Not to mention a coach named Phil who won't give him freakin' minutes (with Kwame in the line-up) and trigger-happy refs who keep calling phantom fouls on him.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Kwame
Bosh
Lamar
Kobe
Famar

No need to play
lakerskobe247
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Are you freakin kidding me?

HELL YES

I don't even think the Raptors would accept. You pretty much said, if you would trade Marcus Williams for Chris Paul.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:

NO a thousand times over. NO WAY IN HECK WOULD I DO THAT DEAL.

There are dozens of atheletic PF's who can score and PLAY NO D!

Bynum is a legit back to the basket Center who can can score, command a double team AND PLAY DEFENSE AS WELL! Those guys you can count on one hand. Dwight Howard, Yao (not so good on D, but I will give him a pass) a younger shaq, hmmm Oden.

Let me see, young 2 way center who is improving faster than expected versus a offensive oriented PF who is possibley one of the worst PF defenders in the NBA this side of Brian Cook.

I would have to say I like our guy better.

Last edited by Dr. Funkbot on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject:

If the Raps GM truly had vision he'd do this trade.

Bynum, Bargnani and Ford is one hell of a core - one if reaches their upside would mean future championships or atleast Eastern conference championships. You're talking potentially have a Tim Duncan type along with a Dirk Nowitzki type with a 15/8 PG In Ford.

With Bosh and Bargnani I just don't see it. Neither is a Center and neither can play Center for a championship team. You need atleast one true power player and Bosh can not give that to the Raps along with Bargnani. I hear they want Andreas to play SF. Have fun with that considering how hard that will make it for him defensively. His NBA position eventually IMO will have to be PF. They'll probably play him at C but then they become very soft inside (and already are very soft). I'm sure Bosh and Barg will have their moments but IMO they won't be legit championship contenders the way my friends (who are big Rap fans) talk about until they get a true Center. If I were the Raps I'd even trade for Gasol as he's far more a legit low post player than Bosh.

As for this trade proposal, you got your answer the other night. NO. Why? Because Jerry Buss said so. Bynum is untouchable right now and this comes from the very top and where it matters most. The Lakers are telling Bynum that if he works hard he'll be there with Wilt, Kareem and Shaq as great Laker Centers. They are not trading that for Chris "Lamar Odom is more talented than me" Bosh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Bynum already has a bigger impact on the defensive end than Bosh does.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: