Costco Televisions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Costco Televisions

SO i finally broke down and bought a 50 panasonic plasma from Costco for 1999.00....This is the panasonic base model 50 inch...
model: Panasonic TH-50PX6U

im also bought a Vizio 32 inch LCD for 699.00
model: VX32L

do any of you guys know about these telelvisions? and did i get a good deal?
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Costco Televisions

LALakers999 wrote:
SO i finally broke down and bought a 50 panasonic plasma from Costco for 1999.00....This is the panasonic base model 50 inch...

No offense man, but you first research and then buy, not vice versa. The cool thing about Costco is you can return those tvs whenver you want for the next decade.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Costco Televisions

FarmartoAfflalo wrote:
LALakers999 wrote:

No offense man, but you first research and then buy, not vice versa. The cool thing about Costco is you can return those tvs whenver you want for the next decade.

Teah instead of making up an excuse.

"Yeah, I opened the box and I found this baseball in the screen."
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Yeah isn't COSTCO great?
Too bad they don't have more electronic goods.
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Costco Televisions

mbloves L.A. wrote:
FarmartoAfflalo wrote:
LALakers999 wrote:

Teah instead of making up an excuse.

"Yeah, I opened the box and I found this baseball in the screen."

i thought plasma tv's die out fast? i thought LCD was better anybody know anything about this?
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject:

LCD's last alot longer and look better with standard television. Plasmas have a much shorter life, risk of burn in, but look amazing with a HD signal.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject:

I could be wrong, but I think I recall that the Panasonic plasma 50-incher that Costco has was a Consumer Reports best buy. So, you're safe there.

Really, if you find something you like electronic-wise at Costco, it's usually a better buy than you will find elsewhere. Just a limited selection.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Costco Televisions

ArrOhBee wrote:

i thought plasma tv's die out fast? i thought LCD was better anybody know anything about this?

Yeah, I've heard that. But I think by the time it really effects things that the tech has improved so much that you will probably be interested in upgrading to a new TV anyway.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject:

Cnet says this about your >Panasonic<

whle Cnet users say this about your >Vizio<
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Costco Televisions

LALakers999 wrote:

According to CNET you purchased excellent TV's. I would think Costco would have the Tv's at lower prices, but what you bought them for is the same at Best Buy according to CNET
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:

thanks money and barry.... I was looking all over for consumer reports but you guys especially money relieved me alot... I need to buy you guys a beer

... Farmar.....I did research on the TV's for technical but I couldnt find the right site for consumer reports. I was looking for personal experiences with these TV's from other people or...if any of you guys had these models....
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject:

just bought a 40in samsung LCD HDTV and love it so far. Can't beat the price from Amazon either at $1300. LCD is the way to go I heard, plasma just goes out to easily.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject:

From what i recall reading Vizio is company located in Costa Mesa that branched of from Sony. Most reviews are decent. By the way, is Costco still offering the free one year in home service warranty? I was looking at some models a few months back and they had that promotion going, plus some TV's came with a stand.

Heck if you can score on the warranty, that alone saves you a couple hundred that Best Buy or Circuit would charge extra.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject:

np mang,

make mine a Sam Adams Black
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject:

the plasma goes out too early is a MYTH... look at how many hours the vizio is suppose to last... I think its like 60,000 hours.. now.. lets look at that.. say you have the tv on 10 hours/day x 365? = 3650 per year hmmm 60,000 divided by 3650.. you have about 16+ years.. I dont know about you but I've never kept a tv longer than 5-8 years..

Plasma Life
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
From what i recall reading Vizio is company located in Costa Mesa that branched of from Sony. Most reviews are decent. By the way, is Costco still offering the free one year in home service warranty? I was looking at some models a few months back and they had that promotion going, plus some TV's came with a stand.

Heck if you can score on the warranty, that alone saves you a couple hundred that Best Buy or Circuit would charge extra.

Lots of tales about Vizio.. Vizio's parent company is V. Inc and they are trying to enter the market by underpricing the competition. Their sets are great I have 2 37" and 1 46" and I enjoy them. Get HD hookup with Digital Cable and you're all set.
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
the plasma goes out too early is a MYTH... look at how many hours the vizio is suppose to last... I think its like 60,000 hours.. now.. lets look at that.. say you have the tv on 10 hours/day x 365? = 3650 per year hmmm 60,000 divided by 3650.. you have about 16+ years.. I dont know about you but I've never kept a tv longer than 5-8 years..

Plasma Life

LCD's last 60,000 hours, which is what the Vizio is. Plasmas last only 3-5 years.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject:

lcd vs plasma - life span
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
jamas33 wrote:

Plasma Life

LCD's last 60,000 hours, which is what the Vizio is. Plasmas last only 3-5 years.
LINKAGE???
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject:

The lifespan of plasma's has increased dramatically, and could easily last 10-15 years (I don't think I've ever kept a CRT television longer than that). The one issue you have to consider is burn in. This to has gotten much better, but is still out there. I've noticed it a little on my 42" plasma when the picture is all black, but I don't seem to notice it when there is an image on the screen. Plus, the TV's now have a mode to 'reset' your screen if you experience and significant burn in. One think is for sure, you don't want to hook your XBox up to a plasma.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject:

Mongo wrote:
The lifespan of plasma's has increased dramatically, and could easily last 10-15 years (I don't think I've ever kept a CRT television longer than that). The one issue you have to consider is burn in. This to has gotten much better, but is still out there. I've noticed it a little on my 42" plasma when the picture is all black, but I don't seem to notice it when there is an image on the screen. Plus, the TV's now have a mode to 'reset' your screen if you experience and significant burn in. One think is for sure, you don't want to hook your XBox up to a plasma.
Just curious (not that I have a plasma),.. why not?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject:

Mongo wrote:

I haven't been keeping up with the technological improvements in plasma TV, Mongo.

I won't buy a plasma until the manufacturer's warranties improve. To me a long warranty is a signal that the product will last. A one year warranty on a plasma TV doesn't do much to install confidence.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject:

I have the Vizio 32" LCD.

It is fantastic!. A great buy, excellent HD picture quality, lots of connectivity features and did I mention a great buy?

Highly recommended.
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Mongo wrote:
Just curious (not that I have a plasma),.. why not?

Most games have a HUD or similar image that stays in the same place during gameplay. Images that are on screen for an extended period of time run the risk of burning into the display.
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Mongo wrote:

I haven't been keeping up with the technological improvements in plasma TV, Mongo.

I won't buy a plasma until the manufacturer's warranties improve. To me a long warranty is a signal that the product will last. A one year warranty on a plasma TV doesn't do much to install confidence.

Thats why I bought mine from Costco. They guarantee returns on any of their electronics. Truthfully, I would have preferred an LCD, but I was looking for a 42" TV and the 42" LCD's (at the time) were more than I was willing to pay.

I've had my 42" Plasma for 1.5 years with no complaints, especially with HD programming (I wouldn't buy such a big TV without HD).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: