US vs Mexico
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: US vs Mexico

today the US national team plays mexico in arizona and i think its going to be a great match!

i know there isnt many soccer fans here but for those who are going to watch it, who do you think will win ??

i got the US winning 2-1
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject:

You're lucky you get to watch the game. The US has really brought their game up to an almost elite level. I've never been a fan of the Mexican teams as a whole -- too much diving and acting for my taste. Still, they have the talent to play with almost anyone if they wanted to.

I hope the US wins.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject:

USA! USA! USA!
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject:

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US wins 2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Mexico thinks they are a World Footballing Power like Germany, England, Argentina Brazil and France but they are nothing close. Good win tonight by the United States.
mswift44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Good win by the US, but what an awful, classless display of sportsmanship by Mexico. 1st the goalie tries to clip one of the US players after Donovan's goal. Then they refuse to shake hands with the US players after the game. Pathetic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject:

mswift44 wrote:
Good win by the US, but what an awful, classless display of sportsmanship by Mexico. 1st the goalie tries to clip one of the US players after Donovan's goal. Then they refuse to shake hands with the US players after the game. Pathetic.

i agree 100%
i would rather lose with dignity than to go out like a kid that just got grounded and sent to his room.

the US didint play a great game but they still got the W!
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject:

Mexico dominated the stats.

US dominated the scoreboard.

They brought Blanco out of national team retirement after,what?, 4 years at 34? Makes no sense.

The US did not have most of their best European based players while Mexico did yet the US still won 2 nil. That is sweet.

Hugo Sanchez said this game would be the start of Mexico's football renaissance?

He said he would pass on his experience to the younger players and teach them how to win. All he ever did in the World Cup was dive in the box.

Hugo built this game up way too much. Now he is going to get all kinds a crap in the press.

Mexico does not think of itself as a World Footballing Power in same class as England,Germany, Argentina and Brazil.

They think of themselves as being one tier bellow and just on the cusp.

When they won the Jr World Cup ( under 19 years old?) beating Brazil it only reinforced this idea.

But the global powers dont always send their very best teenagers that are on the Sr team.

So Mexico is not really on the cusp.

OJ Mayo
Derrick Rose
Nicolas Batum
Michael Beasley
Chase Budinger
Darrell Arthur
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject:

Watching the USA play Mexico is like watching the Bobcats and the Hawks....
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject:

mswift44 wrote:

Just continuing the long history of pathetic displays by Mexico soccer and their fans. The fans that booed during the National Anthem in the Coliseum, the same fans that changed 'Osama' during a game shortly after 9/11, and the same fans who threw 'urine bombs' at the U.S. players both here and in Mexico City.

I'm not a fan of the sport, but any time a fan base like that goes away disappointed after getting their asses handed to them is okay with me.
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:

Try having to watch England these days. My boys picked the wrong manager and we are pissing away the golden age of players.
mswift44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
mswift44 wrote:

Just continuing the long history of pathetic displays by Mexico soccer and their fans. The fans that booed during the National Anthem in the Coliseum, the same fans that changed 'Osama' during a game shortly after 9/11, and the same fans who threw 'urine bombs' at the U.S. players both here and in Mexico City.

I'm not a fan of the sport, but any time a fan base like that goes away disappointed after getting their asses handed to them is okay with me.

I've experienced a lot of that. I'm Guatemalan, so if Mexico plays Guatemala at the Coliseum, my entire fam always goes. I've yet to have a real good experiece during those trips. The fans are just so disrespectful and it's hard to put up with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Tottenham4Ever wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Try having to watch England these days. My boys picked the wrong manager and we are pissing away the golden age of players.

Ya I agree. Its horrible how England has fallen in the International part of the game. On paper you guys have a great team but once on the field it seems that they hit a wall and simply cant perform.

My team (Italy) wasn't even able to play their friendly because of the violence in Sicily last week. I hope these new crowd control measures that they are implementing work. What the Italian federation should do is contact the English federation and get some pointers form them on how to control crowd violence...... OK now im going into a whole different subject. sorry
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Tottenham4Ever wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Ya I agree. Its horrible how England has fallen in the International part of the game. On paper you guys have a great team but once on the field it seems that they hit a wall and simply cant perform.

My team (Italy) wasn't even able to play their friendly because of the violence in Sicily last week. I hope these new crowd control measures that they are implementing work. What the Italian federation should do is contact the English federation and get some pointers form them on how to control crowd violence...... OK now im going into a whole different subject. sorry

England up until 1989 was a total disaster soccer wise. I got my ass beat in 1988 at a Tottenham vs Leeds match in London. The thing about that was I was 10 at the time and kids traveling with their parents from Leeds jumped me while their parents watched.

Italy really should contact England because it took the

Heysel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_disaster

and

Hillsborough
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

disasters where 39 and 96 people were killed to force England to change. Two people got killed in football related violence last week. Add to that the match fixing, the racism and the facist chants and everyone can see that Italy needs to change. 14 of the 20 teams in Italy have to play there games behind closed doors for the time being
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I agree with you guys about the state of the game in Italy. It's a shame really. Italy are world champions but all they are known for lately is soccer violence and diving.

What the hell is going on with England? From everything I've read and heard it was another poor showing. I was hoping that this past World Cup was going to be their year. If they keep this up say goodbye to a berth in Euro 2008.

I still think Beckham can play. He may not be the game breaker he once was but he can still have an impact and influence the younger midfielders coming up. I'll be trying to get tickets to watch him on August 5th when the LA Galaxy visit us in Toronto.
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:
I agree with you guys about the state of the game in Italy. It's a shame really. Italy are world champions but all they are known for lately is soccer violence and diving.

What the hell is going on with England? From everything I've read and heard it was another poor showing. I was hoping that this past World Cup was going to be their year. If they keep this up say goodbye to a berth in Euro 2008.

I still think Beckham can play. He may not be the game breaker he once was but he can still have an impact and influence the younger midfielders coming up. I'll be trying to get tickets to watch him on August 5th when the LA Galaxy visit us in Toronto.

There is still room on the squad for Beckham. If anything Lampard should be dropped because he is awful for England. He missed three or four point blank chances versus Portugal in Germany
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Tottenham4Ever wrote:
Canadian Laker wrote:

There is still room on the squad for Beckham. If anything Lampard should be dropped because he is awful for England. He missed three or four point blank chances versus Portugal in Germany

im not surprised lol

the guy cant translate the way he plays for chelsea to the NTL team. not like you will miss him with gerrard in the middle anyways lol
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject:

This should be the squad right now...........

Robinson(for now)

Neville Terry* Ferdinand Ashley Cole*

Hargraeves*

Aaron Lennon Joe Cole*

Gerrard

Rooney Owen*

Bench
================
David James
Kevin Nolan
David Beckham
Ledley King*
Shaun Wright Phillips
Wayne Bridge*
Jermain Defoe
Theo Walcott
Stewart Downing
Michael Dawson
Andrew Johnson*

That makes a 22 man squad.......

* = Currently Injured
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Tottenham4Ever wrote:

Robinson(for now)

Hargraeves*

Aaron Lennon Joe Cole*

Gerrard

Rooney Owen*

Bench
================
David James
Kevin Nolan
David Beckham
Ledley King*
Shaun Wright Phillips
Wayne Bridge*
Jermain Defoe
Theo Walcott
Stewart Downing
Michael Dawson
Andrew Johnson*

* = Currently Injured

thats a nice looking squad. now if they only can learn to play together.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:

Lets not blame the players for the actions of the idiots in the stands. The Italian product on the field is World Class. Diving on the other hand is a world wide problem that players all around the world do, its not just an Italian problem!
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Canadian Laker wrote:

Lets not blame the players for the actions of the idiots in the stands. The Italian product on the field is World Class. Diving on the other hand is a world wide problem that players all around the world do, its not just an Italian problem!

The Italian game has taken a hit in recent years but is definitely still world class. The point I was trying to make is that the perception of (but not isolated to) Italian soccer around the globe is increasingly becoming one of diving and fan violence. Both have absolutely no place in the beautiful game.
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Tottenham4Ever wrote:

Robinson(for now)

Hargraeves*

Aaron Lennon Joe Cole*

Gerrard

Rooney Owen*

Bench
================
David James
Kevin Nolan
David Beckham
Ledley King*
Shaun Wright Phillips
Wayne Bridge*
Jermain Defoe
Theo Walcott
Stewart Downing
Michael Dawson
Andrew Johnson*

* = Currently Injured

What, no room for NBA power forward-heighted Peter Crouch on your national team?

Are the coaches still tinkering with formations or are they finally going to settle on the tried and true 4-4-2? I'm starting to hear rumblings with the name Scolari and England together again.

I like the looks of your squad.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO scolari better not go to england! everything he touches turns into gold! lol

scolari should def come to the US

**reason i dont want england to win is so i can make fun of my britsh friends** lol
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:
Tottenham4Ever wrote:

Robinson(for now)

Hargraeves*

Aaron Lennon Joe Cole*

Gerrard

Rooney Owen*

Bench
================
David James
Kevin Nolan
David Beckham
Ledley King*
Shaun Wright Phillips
Wayne Bridge*
Jermain Defoe
Theo Walcott
Stewart Downing
Michael Dawson
Andrew Johnson*

* = Currently Injured

What, no room for NBA power forward-heighted Peter Crouch on your national team?

Are the coaches still tinkering with formations or are they finally going to settle on the tried and true 4-4-2? I'm starting to hear rumblings with the name Scolari and England together again.

I like the looks of your squad.

Actually I think they are looking at Martin O'Neil. Scolari might be going to Barca with Rikkgaard(sp?) going to AC Milan. I predict England will get their asses handed to them by Israel next month and they will fire McClaren after that. If we lose to Israel we are in deep crap for Euro 2008.

They played a 4-3-3 against Spain so they are still dicking around formation wise.
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Hey Tottenham4Ever, I'm assuming that you're in England so I'd like to ask a question: What's the general consensus (or is there even one?) regarding Beckham and the national team? Do people think he should be off the team or never should have been left off?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: