david beckham to the galaxy!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: david beckham to the galaxy!!!

does anyone else beside me think that this moron is a dollar chaser
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject:

it is about 85% business deal. Not only is Beckham the dollar chaser, but the city of Los Angeles is as well. Think of all the press Beckham will get. He and Kobe will be the biggest LA sports stars. It will be even bigger if the Galaxy wins another MLS finals. Who knows? this deal can attract other international stars like Ronaldo or Michael Owen even.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
it is about 85% business deal. Not only is Beckham the dollar chaser, but the city of Los Angeles is as well. Think of all the press Beckham will get. He and Kobe will be the biggest LA sports stars. It will be even bigger if the Galaxy wins another MLS finals. Who knows? this deal can attract other international stars like Ronaldo or Michael Owen even.

whatever happened to team loyalty? is that a thing of the past?...

I think Shnaq is setting as new trend
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject:

LALakers999 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

whatever happened to team loyalty? is that a thing of the past?...

I think Shnaq is setting as new trend

well, in a way he is being somewhat loyal. He is still under contract w/ Real Madrid and he will not come to LA until his contract is finished. Im not sure of the details but I think we wasn't filling his expectations on that team and was not getting a lot of playing time. He loves coming to this country and he saw it as a great opportunity financially and athletic of course.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject:

david is not the player he was but he will definatly bring some credibility to the MLS. i will definatly go watch some games now.

hes impact has already been showing with tickets already going up
Tottenham4Ever
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject:

David Beckham was very loyal to Real Madrid(not so much with Manchester United but that is a different story) The new manager at Real Madrid came in and was not going to play him anymore and blames him for losses so his hand was forced and he left. He was going to go back to England to try and win back a spot on the National team but when he found that was not to be (Manchester United Right Back Gary Neville told him) then he went with the money.

Cannot say I blame him........

As far as Ronaldo goes he just signed with AC Milan and Michael Owen is coming back from major knee surgery and is with Newcastle United

Here is Owens knee injury

Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject:

its not like englands national team is any good anyways
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject:

I think David Beckham truly cares about making soccer more popular in the United States. He has soccer camps set up in the U.S. and he has always stated that one of his goals was to make it a popular sport.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
I think David Beckham truly cares about making soccer more popular in the United States. He has soccer camps set up in the U.S. and he has always stated that one of his goals was to make it a popular sport.

i give him mad props for that.....

sorry bout the dollar chaser comment

there is only One SHaq
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Beckham can still play. The problem is that when any athlete competes at an elite level for so long that when the inevitable slowing with age happens it's magnified even more.

I don't think Beckham played poorly at the last World Cup at all and I think he can still contribute internationally. It's just politics that he is no longer a member of the squad.

In the same vein, politics is keeping him off the roster at Real Madrid so why would he re-sign with them? Just look at what coach Capello said after Beckham signed with the Galaxy after his contract expires? That shows a total lack of class. I can't say I'm surprised though.

I took a day off work to see Romario play with Miami vs. Toronto Lynx this past May and I'll be trying to buy tickets to the August 5th LA Galaxy-Toronto FC game here.
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
methdxman wrote:

i give him mad props for that.....

sorry bout the dollar chaser comment

there is only One SHaq

I know about the soccer camps... and hopefully his move to MLS in U.S. finally puts the sport under the spotlight here... but I still think he's here for Hollywood.. this guy is going to make major bucks eveb outside of soccer and endorsements here in L.A.

Amen to that!
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:
Beckham can still play. The problem is that when any athlete competes at an elite level for so long that when the inevitable slowing with age happens it's magnified even more.

I don't think Beckham played poorly at the last World Cup at all and I think he can still contribute internationally. It's just politics that he is no longer a member of the squad.

In the same vein, politics is keeping him off the roster at Real Madrid so why would he re-sign with them? Just look at what coach Capello said after Beckham signed with the Galaxy after his contract expires? That shows a total lack of class. I can't say I'm surprised though.

I took a day off work to see Romario play with Miami vs. Toronto Lynx this past May and I'll be trying to buy tickets to the August 5th LA Galaxy-Toronto FC game here.

i agree 100%!!

beckham would own lampard.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: