Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Socks wrote:
I'm an office supply stealing fiend. Mostly it's just pens, notepads, paper, etc.

Once though, when I was quitting my job the next day, I took a bookshelf. We had a bunch of unbuilt-still-in-the-box bookshelves in a closet, so I came to the office that night, grabbed one, put it in my car and took off.

A bookshelf?! Did you need it or was it just for the heck of it?

Who can't always use a good bookshelf?
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject:

McKie is stealing from Dr. Buss
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject:

Toilet paper .... u can never have enuff TP
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Toilet paper .... u can never have enuff TP

you know i could never steal the toilet papaer because it was always locked in a dispenser and out janitor was the only one that had the key.... and the soap was in a dispenser so i couldnt steal that either
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject:

It's called fringe benefits... Actually, I try not to abuse some of my privileges... Sometimes, the temptation is too strong... I stick to small stuff, like common consummable items... Paper, pens, batteries... Makes up for some of the unpaid overtime, and aggravation... :roll: Actually, I sometimes buy my own tools, even though, my workplace is supposed to provide me with everything, so it evens out, believe me.
SenorJefe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:

mbloves L.A. wrote:
Once I have, but only once and it was one of those times I was hungry as hell, so I "borrowed" a taco because I had a class later and if I didn't eat I'd be grumbling in lecture.

So you just like walked into a Taco Bell and waited from them to call some random number that wasn't your's?

Did you even have the nerve to ask for Mild Sauce?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject:

If you are paid by the hour, it might be considered stealing if you don't give a decent effort in your work. What do you do with someone who only puts out a third of the work everyone else does when their previous supervisor just passed them on with above average reviews? What do you do when review time comes and you accurately rate them, and human resources calls you in to question your reviews of them? There seem to be some people who complain, and supervisors who just give them raises to keep them quiet until they can transfer them to another supervisor in another department. What do you do when you find out the HR department tends to hire their own relatives? The supervisors usually know if people are stealing, but they might not always do something about it. If there is a culture of stealing, it seems only fair to give people warnings that things are in the process of changing. A good supervisor would at least see to it that those who don't steal are rewarded. You have meetings and discuss problems like company property growing legs. The work culture has to change where people feel like they are part of a team that is working towards a goal. The supervisor can keep tabs on expenses and enlist the staff to reduce expenses. That also provides an opportunity to ask management for pay increases based on cost savings or productivity increases. Sometimes, you can give your department a party if they achieve certain goals. The challenge is to create an atmosphere where honest accomplishment is rewarded.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject:

SenorJefe wrote:
mbloves L.A. wrote:
Once I have, but only once and it was one of those times I was hungry as hell, so I "borrowed" a taco because I had a class later and if I didn't eat I'd be grumbling in lecture.

So you just like walked into a Taco Bell and waited from them to call some random number that wasn't your's?

Did you even have the nerve to ask for Mild Sauce?

Well the title is do you steal from work. So it wasn't in taco bell, although it was made in taco bell. I feel bad now.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject:

I dont work yet (college)... but I used to steal from HS, those white board markers they used...cell phones and iPODs from other kids (a dude would pay me 50-100 bucks for em) and key answers for tests, so I could sell it to people.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: