Dad flings son's opponent out of wrestling ring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Dad flings son's opponent out of wrestling ring

Quote:
AURORA, Ill. -- A father bounded into a youth wrestling match, picked up his son's winning opponent and launched him out of the ring, an episode caught on a home video.

After tossing the 11-year-old boy into the air Sunday, the angry father headed toward the cameraman, the father of the airborne boy.

"I was just wrestling, then the guy throws me," the boy, Nick Nasenbeny of suburban Aurora, told WMAQ-TV in Chicago. It was not known if the boy was injured.

Ray Hoffman, the father in the video and a part-time wrestling coach, told the television station he regrets his behavior and feels embarrassed. He said his son's shoulder was injured. Hoffman also said he will no longer be allowed to coach.

Dean Bogess, a wrestling coach who attended the meet, said Nick was using a legal move to pin his opponent and that the referee was about to stop the match when Hoffman intervened.

"The match was being stopped. He had blown his whistle already," Bogess said.

Nick's father, Dan Nasenbeny, said he was stunned by Hoffman's actions.

"I mean, there is a lot of different ways to stop a match. Not to pick up my son and launch him 5 feet, 10 feet in the air," Nasenbeny said.

VIDEO

I'm not trying to be gangsta or anything,.. but WTF Dad!! Somebody does that to your kid, and all you do is FILM IT!!! You should be embarrassed as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject:

That father has no honor. A man disrespects your son in such a manner and you do nothing about it. Even if you dont know how to fight or are pretty sure your butts gonna get kicked you still go and let that man know that wont happen again without a fight.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
That father has no honor. A man disrespects your son in such a manner and you do nothing about it. Even if you dont know how to fight or are pretty sure your butts gonna get kicked you still go and let that man know that wont happen again without a fight.
Yea,.. at the least, that would be an ass kicking I would have to endure... No way I could just film it...

Last edited by TACH on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject:

Sorry to hikack your thread but this ring ref is nuts...

http://www.videosift.com/video/Referee-takes-out-boxer
Lakers_2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Considering that the video only ran for about 2 seconds after the fling, who knows what the father did.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject:

It looked like the kid on the ground was crying and in pain. The dad went overboard throwing the kid back. But you just never know what kind of reaction your going to have when your kid is in trouble. Natural reaction?
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject:

FredG wrote:
It looked like the kid on the ground was crying and in pain. The dad went overboard throwing the kid back. But you just never know what kind of reaction your going to have when your kid is in trouble. Natural reaction?
Until he starts to gets up after his dad tossed the other kid...

That guy was way out of line... no excuse for what he did...
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject:

why does the news report say the the father "picked up his son's winning opponent and launched him out of the ring"? he was clearly just pushed off, from what I can tell, that IS NOT picked up and thrown... either way, it was wrong.
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject:

TNLakersFan wrote:
why does the news report say the the father "picked up his son's winning opponent and launched him out of the ring"? he was clearly just pushed off, from what I can tell, that IS NOT picked up and thrown... either way, it was wrong.
I agree, when I first read the story, I had visions of Thunderlips and Rocky...
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Sorry to hikack your thread but this ring ref is nuts...

http://www.videosift.com/video/Referee-takes-out-boxer
that's nothing compared to this guy:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: