Joe Rogan Punks Carlos Mencia
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Joe Rogan Punks Carlos Mencia

Joe Rogan introduces Carlos Mencia as "Carlos Menstealia" at a show....

Rogan accuses Mencia of stealing jokes and Mencia doesnt seem to take kindly to this...

***explicit language***

Rogan Punks Mencia
Go Trojans

Buck Foston

Last edited by The_Lakers_Show on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject:

good for rogan. dane cook steals a lot of material from louis c.k. too.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:

DANE COOK (bleep) SUCKS!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Rogan has been beating Ned up on this for a while now (it's almost old). I think George Lopez backed Rogan as well on the fact the Ned steals jokes...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject:

The new comics these days are GREAT!
There's a total resurgence in stand-up right now...

Louis CK
Daniel Tosh
George Lopez
Mitch Fatel
Patton Oswalt
David Cross
Frank Caliendo
Bill Burr
Pablo Francisco
Joe Rogan
Dave Attell
Brian Regan
...and a whole bunch more I can't think of right now.

It's all about Sirius radio's "Raw Dog!!"

But I'm sooooo sick of Dane Cook.

And I'm kinda over Mencia.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I've personally never found Joe Rogan that funny, but Carlos Mencia is even less funny, so good for Joe.

Dane Cook was funny when I first saw his special on Comedy Central, but less so since then.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Russell Peters
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Flight wrote:
Russell Peters

that guy does every accent dead on!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Rogan is great... I saw him do stand up way before Fear Factor... probably close to 10 years ago...

Bill Bur is my new favorite comic.... hysterical!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

"I dont have a girlfriend, I just know a girl who would be really mad if she heard me say that..."
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject:

The_Lakers_Show wrote:
Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

"I dont have a girlfriend, I just know a girl who would be really mad if she heard me say that..."

"i think pringles started out as a tennis ball company. on the day they were gonna receive their shipment of tennis balls, they got a whole bunch of potatoes. but pringles is a laid back company so they were like "(bleep) it, cut em up!"
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, this has led to Joe Rogan being banned from The Comedy Store in LA where he has been performing for the last 13 years.

Absolutely ridiculous.

You can check out the story from Joe himself on his myspace blog.

Here's a blurb:

Quote:
It's also indicative of this massive problem we have in the comedy community in general. Here you have a club that basically sells other people's art. They put the chairs there, sell the drinks and turn the mic on, and the artists do the rest. You have a situation where a comic that's been known for stealing other people material gets called out onstage, exposed, and then the video is put on the internet for all to see, and their reaction is to ban the guy that exposed him and made the video. To the thief, they sit back quietly and profit from his crime. It's truly (bleep) mind blowing. There's not another art form in the world where the creative rights of the artist get as little respect. If they banned the both of us for this incident, then I would understand that they're just trying to avoid conflict, but the fact that they have told me to "take a break" but they have him onstage this weekend is just a tremendous slap in the face to me, and to the art of stand up comedy.

If you want to complain to The Comedy Store:

(323) 656-6225
info [AT] comedystore.com
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

"i think pringles started out as a tennis ball company. on the day they were gonna receive their shipment of tennis balls, they got a whole bunch of potatoes. but pringles is a laid back company so they were like "(bleep) it, cut em up!"

"I have never seen a forklift lift forks"

"An escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an 'Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order' sign, just 'Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.'"

i forgot about Mitch. One of a kind!
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject:

As much as I'd like to see Carlos Mencia get embarrassed (stolen or not, his material sucks), that isn't exactly what happened there. That border fence joke is so generic (and unimaginative) that it could have easily been made up by both Ari and Carlos without any stealing involved. And Bobby Lee is just a really insecure dude, meaning he could have been lying about Mencia stealing or not so he could be friends with both Joe and Carlos depending on which guy he was hanging out with.

If George Lopez was really outspoken like Rogan has been about Mencia stealing, that would be huge. But instead he just roughed him up a little and that was the end of that.

Rogan seems like a cool guy, but he's just not a great comic. And because he isn't a very successful comic (more people know him through Fear Factor and UFC), I can't see this affecting Mencia's career at all. I believe he has the second highest rated show on Comedy Central behind only South Park.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
ocho wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

"An escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. You would never see an 'Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order' sign, just 'Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.'"

i love mitch. truly a tragic death.

"i bought an ant farm. those (bleep) didn't grow (bleep). come on fellas...how about some celery?"
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Ive seen Dane Cook, Mencia, Rogan, Bob Saget, Gabrial Inglasias, Jon Lovitz, and Andrew Dice Clay and a bunch of other no names.

Cook, Mencia, Saget and Gabrial were the funniest of the group. It doesnt seem that many of you are Cook fans but I happen to think he is very funny. Saget is hilarious, as is Gabrial. Mencia has a great stage presence (like Rogan says in the Vid), though it does sound like he steals material.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Rogan Punks Carlos Mencia

The_Lakers_Show wrote:

Rogan accuses Mencia of stealing jokes and Mencia doesnt seem to take kindly to this...

***explicit language***

Rogan Punks Mencia

You must be a goon as well.. I saw this in the somethingawful GBS boards as well. Carlos Mencia got what he deserved I can't stand that guy!
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject:

"If you have legs and are flammable... then you are never blocking a fire exit"
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Rogan Punks Carlos Mencia

PROPHET wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

***explicit language***

Rogan Punks Mencia

You must be a goon as well.. I saw this in the somethingawful GBS boards as well. Carlos Mencia got what he deserved I can't stand that guy!

Are you calling me a goon? Im not taking the side of either comedian.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Rogan Punks Carlos Mencia

The_Lakers_Show wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

***explicit language***

Rogan Punks Mencia

A goon is a person who frequents that board (www.somethingawful.com)no offense made you would know it if I did. I know you're not I'm just stating that Menica sucks which he does that whole dur dee dur crap is stupid. I find him offensive as a mexican person that whole beaner schtick is played out.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Rogan Punks Carlos Mencia

PROPHET wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

***explicit language***

Rogan Punks Mencia

A goon is a person who frequents that board (www.somethingawful.com)no offense made you would know it if I did. I know you're not I'm just stating that Menica sucks which he does that whole dur dee dur crap is stupid. I find him offensive as a mexican person that whole beaner schtick is played out.

The original thread where I saw this in case you're interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2329554
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
ocho wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

"i bought an ant farm. those (bleep) didn't grow (bleep). come on fellas...how about some celery?"

"I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..."

I remember that one cracked me up hard the first time I heard it. It's one of those lines that takes you a split second to get it and then it's just hilarious. It's difficult to be funny with that one-liner style, but his delivery is just so good.

Demetri Martin is a current one-liner comic inspired by Mitch. So is Zach Galifanakis. They're okay, but most of the time I just chuckle at their stuff, but never laugh really hard. One-liners are hard to get a big payoff with unless you are Mitch Hedberg.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
ocho wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
ocho wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

"I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..."

I remember that one cracked me up hard the first time I heard it. It's one of those lines that takes you a split second to get it and then it's just hilarious. It's difficult to be funny with that one-liner style, but his delivery is just so good.

Demetri Martin is a current one-liner comic inspired by Mitch. So is Zach Galifanakis. They're okay, but most of the time I just chuckle at their stuff, but never laugh really hard. One-liners are hard to get a big payoff with unless you are Mitch Hedberg.

Mitch did Steven Wright, and took it to another level.

Mitch Hedberg and David Cross are my favorite comedians easily.
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Rogan Punks Carlos Mencia

PROPHET wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:
PROPHET wrote:
The_Lakers_Show wrote:

***explicit language***

Rogan Punks Mencia

The original thread where I saw this in case you're interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2329554

Ah, I heard it on Kevin & Bean this morning.
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
The_Lakers_Show
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Mitch:

"I think it is up to me to decide how many bedrooms there are...... (bleep) you realestate lady this bedroom has an oven in it!"

"When I was a boy I laid in my twin size bed and wondered where my brother was"
Go Trojans

Buck Foston
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: