SUNS -at- LAKERS - 1/17 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject:

The game was so bad that I waited until now to even look a LG.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject:

DB, what are your thoughts on Phil's insistence on forcing the ball to terrible offensive players to keep his precious triangle working?

IMO, the offense has looked terrible because Phil insists on forcing dogmeat offensive players like Kwame and Luke into it. Notice how our fastbreak points are pretty much non-existent lately? It's cos they can't play fast..

To fix this team for now:

- Let Kobe, LO and Fish worry about offense on the starting team,
- Start Ariza for hustle/D and play Luke with the 2nd unit
- I'd start Turiaf but If Kwame must start, have him concentrate on defense only

I'd like to see Ariza and Turiaf starting personally. They both bring good energy and aren't complete stiffs like Luke and Kwame.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
DB, what are your thoughts on Phil's insistence on forcing the ball to terrible offensive players to keep his precious triangle working?

IMO, the offense has looked terrible because Phil insists on forcing dogmeat offensive players like Kwame and Luke into it. Notice how our fastbreak points are pretty much non-existent lately? It's cos they can't play fast..

To fix this team for now:

- Let Kobe, LO and Fish worry about offense on the starting team,
- Start Ariza for hustle/D and play Luke with the 2nd unit
- I'd start Turiaf but If Kwame must start, have him concentrate on defense only

I'd like to see Ariza and Turiaf starting personally. They both bring good energy and aren't complete stiffs like Luke and Kwame.

Not DB, but my guess is that Phil was afraid that those offensive challenged players wouldn't play any D if not involved on O.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject:

Why is this not a problem in Cleveland or Denver? Bron, Melo and AI take all the shots and the others play off them. Why are our roleplayers divas in LA? And where is this defense they're playing?

Before anyone says we have a better record than those teams, I guarantee losses to them this week if this keeps up..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: