Alpha has been a great addition to the mod team.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Alpha has been a great addition to the mod team.

I have noticed some great work and effort by Alpha.

Been reading a number of threads, where I saw Alpha had stepped in and moderated very well.

Just wanna give him/her some props.

Thanks Alpha for the time put in it can't be easy to read through all the threads - keep it up - even if you gotta ban me sometimes

PS - Just to show this isn't a suck up post, I will say I still hate most of the mods here. Especially you Ventura
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject:

was that the millionth post? or how bout this one?

I agree that Alpha's been a great addition. all the topic merging/moving...while it may be tedious it does make the forum easier to read.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject:

I've told Alpha a few times now how I think he's done a great job. He's a natural.

Glad the board appreciates his hard work.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Glad the board appreciates his hard work.

I don't. Try sucking more, Alpha. You're making the rest of us look bad.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Who?
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject:

+1

I applaud Alpha as well...

I have always noticed Alpha to be a very fair minded logger and it shows now even more now as a moderator.

With that said this gives me the opportunity to post this.

I have no idea who locked the thread but I really can't see any reason to warrant the locking of bumped thread.

Kobe says "WE need to get better" 7/5

I was ready to reply to the thread only to find it had been locked after I posted my reply.

I would like to respectfully suggest that if threads ARE locked (or moved as well maybe) that a reason is posted for the lock.

I do appreciate when threads are moved that a post is logged as to where it was moved which I have found is usually done for the most part.

But again as far as that thread above I really can't see why it was locked at all? .... and there was no explanation posted.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Here's to you, Alpha!!
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Alpha is better at giving reasons for locking than I am, but I locked it because Runway8 bumped a six-month old thread so he could pat himself on the back.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Exick -- Alpha's making the rest of us look bad, and he should fix that by patterning himself after Uberzev.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
Alpha is better at giving reasons for locking than I am, but I locked it because Runway8 bumped a six-month old thread so he could pat himself on the back.

I credit all the work you do to Alpha anyway.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Exick wrote:

I credit all the work you do to Alpha anyway.

I'll remember that when I (bleep) something up.
KBryantisclutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I would like to personally thank Alpha for shortening a very long link, which lead to a wide thread, in a thread of mine. Thank you Alpha. Little things like that go unnoticed, but you are making this site better.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, great job!
F.N.G.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
I agree with Exick -- Alpha's making the rest of us look bad, and he should fix that by patterning himself after Uberzev.

Owned!!!

Alpha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject:

thanks guys... it's not just me though... i think i get noticed more due to me posting my digust... i mean comments a lot. I've noticed all the mods out in the trenches... most notibly (the times i'm online) I know Exick & vlf do their share of merging/locking during the chaotic post game hours (when DB is preparing his game summary).
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:

Thank you so very much Exick... I really do appreciate your reply... You could have just let it go but you were good enough to post an answer to my inquiry...

With that said I really have to respectfully disagree with your reasoning to a large extent. I tend to think that MOST (if not all) "bumped" threads are done to make a point one way or the other on a past topic that has either proven itself wrong or right after some time has elapsed. Based on this I think that "bumped" threads will ultimately have that element of augmenting a posters view one way or the other depending on the stand they took at the time the thread was originally posted, otherwise I really see no reason to "bump" a post up to make a point at all.

To be sure this "bump" is no exception...

Maybe Runway8 should have not included the "give myself a pat on the back" which was apparently a "red flag" that likely was the major impetus that triggered your reaction to the post in the first place.

What is important to say also that if by virtue of Runway8 either avoiding the phrase above or by posting this as a new topic the post would have escaped notice and ultimately remained unlocked.

I'd also have to say that the only thing Runway8 had to say "Sorry for rehashing an old thread, but I must take a moment to give myself a pat on the back" was actually very innocuous and in no way provocative, imho. As I have voiced in the past in my view as far as what the spirit of what the internet and what a forum stands for as far as "free expression" and offering relevant concepts to a topic without of course breaking the boards standing TOS I respectfully feel that censorship should be drastically limited whenver possible and appreciate the restraint that is practiced by most of the moderators on this board.

My thoughts here are that the post by Runway8 was actually VERY INSIGHTFUL and well thought out and to a large degree a unique and original concept offered as far as what the poster refers to as "Kobe's luck" which I personally feel deserved to be brought up again, imho. I also think it was very relevant as well as to whether or not Kobe retains his more recent positive view of the Laker future considering how the team is now and probably will be struggling for a time while the player Kobe has now embraced (Andrew) is out.

With that said, I felt like the reply by Critical Beatdown that "we got better" was actually ignoring the fact that the FO had the vision to know the team would be "getting better" as opposed to both Kobe and Phil (along with some fans on this board) who it would appear lacked that same insight.

It really isn't so much the fact that "we got better" that is at issue but more that some fans as well as the Laker FO and ownership had the insight to know that the team would ultimately get better simply based on expected maturity of players and the view the team was a "bad" team that Kobe embraced with Phil's later support was ultimately far to simplistic a view.

But of course I didn't get the opportunity to offer my view on Critical Beatdown's post...

Well maybe not until now anyway...

Forgive me for posting this once again but for those who may have missed the interesting point of view of Runway8 here is the link once again to the locked thread:

Kobe says "WE need to get better" 7/5

I hope that you, Exick, take this post in the spirit of what it is meant to be as far as offering my 2 cents on the subject of censoring expression on forums. I do so with all do respect for the moderators on this board and would like to add that you as well as the rest of the moderators truely do a masterful job that is clearly not an easy task as far as what to do in many cases. We can all disagree on specific minor points but overall the tough job of keeping this forum at a reasonably high level of expectation as far as limiting undesirable content is clearly a very difficult proposition. I for one commend all of the moderators for doing what they think is best and consider this board to be the very best of it's kind on the Net which to a large degree is a product of the moderators who all do what they each think will keep this site the very best of it's kind.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Alpha is the new Hitler.

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject:

agreed. Alpha has been a great add and the entire new mod philosophy has made the site a better place.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad i saw this thread.

Yes, Alpha has been an outstanding addition as a moderator here.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject:

thanks guys... again, it's not just me... i just happen to be more vocal than others at times....

Exick IMO has been an incredible pick up... he is a technical brainiac AND is even more active in being out there than I am.

I could go on about every other mod as well... I'm humbled to be included with the staff. SERIOUSLY.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject:

This forum has gotten exponentially better in the last few months, and Alpha's a big part of that.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject:

"Alpha has been a great addition to the mod team."

Agreed.

I'd like to add, it's pretty obvious he makes things much easier for the team. No question, Alpha makes other players, er, posters better!

MVP! MVP! MVP!

Seriously though, appreciate the hard work and great job you've done.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Can Pokoy get some love as well?

*crickets*
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: