Official P&M-free thread?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Official P&M-free thread?

I'm only half joking with this.

I see an official P&M thread in the Lounge, but it would actually be a great change of pace to have a P&M free thread. Just one.

If nothing else it might be like fly paper - drawing out those posters whose purpose in life seems to be creating posts like those.

I think its fair to guess that a significant number of posters avoid the boards after a loss, or any bad news, because a certain other percentage of posters seem to thrive on those situations.

I understand its great to have the ability to vent here, and to some degree most of us have done it to some degree at one point or another. And I wouldn't want to se a polly-anna environment where its nothing but how wonderful everything is, and its okay no matter what happens.

i suppose its easy enough to avoid the place after a loss or during games. The reason being that as a fan, when i see my team being attacked - there comes a point where it gets harder and harder to fight the urge to stand up for them.

I had hoped the Gasol trade might ease things up - but after loss #1 - that doesn't seem to be the case.

Perhaps this crowd likes to kind of take over a little bit under those situations because people sick of the venom have less of a tendency to be around during times like these, and they can find others like themselves.

Anyway, perhaps this is just a rant of my own. Maybe I'm out of touch with what the average fan is like these days, or my definition of 'fan' is an outdated concept.

In any case, thanks for listening. i really enjoy these boards. I really hoped finally seeing a good positive move would make some of these people ease up or at least crawl under a rock somewhere a little longer than they actually did.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your post... good insight.

I can tell you are a thinker/intellectual...

I agree as before DB/Phil asked me to mod I found myself avoiding the sight due to the same.

I think a lot of us remember that LG was not always this way... sad. We are trying to bring the place back to its glory... posters like you are desperately needed.

Leadership isn't only from management... probably even stronger from a peer position.

Thanks for your input.

btw, feel free to start a thread like that... I'd have no problem.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: