LAKERS -at- SONICS - 2/24 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject:

Good job, DB!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject:

Man I hope you get the big bucks for your recaps, they're detailed. Think maybe Kobe got tossed to get some rest. We were up thiry one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject:

With this win, the Lakers are the first team in the league to clinch a WINNING road record (21+ wins in 41 road games).

That's right. We can lose ALL our remaining road games and still end up above 0.500 on the road (which at the start of the season was my goal for this team).
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject:

fun game to watch. Kobe didnt seem interested in being there from the start. he seemed like he would have rather watch the oscars.

Domination as expected

The lakers will get prince.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Man I hope you get the big bucks for your recaps, they're detailed. Think maybe Kobe got tossed to get some rest. We were up thiry one.

He wouldn't have played in the 4th anyway. Kobe's just gonna have to pay some fines for his early exit.
BigEvil
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject:

And the award for best use of Emoticons goes to...

Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
Gasol's numbers were good but he missed a lot that a stronger player could have made. He looked either tired or just weak on some of that post work, both offensively and defensively.

I can't get over the change in Lamar. Not having seen a lot of his games before he came here, I didn't know that he was capable of being as athletic, looooong, fast, and confident as he has been CONSISTENTLY for us. I do not want to trade Lamar, not no way, not no how.

Isn't it nice that Sasha's having his break out year so that we didn't completely melt down when Kobe got tossed? I briefly wondered who was going to lead us but then realized that Kobe is not the leader this season, he is just the coordinator.

I am losing a little love for Ronny. He no longer has the joy and hustle. He looks ornery (especially toward Mbenga both on and off the court), and the fans say he can be arrogant. Is he struggling with the impact on his playing time?

Someone asked if Luke was injured. When PMS interviewed him, they referred to his tick tack injuries and he didn't make much of them. He said he is just having trouble getting his game back and it's nice that his teammates can step it up around him. He makes me cringe out there.
Well, there's a reason Riles gave him that contract even after his drug problems and there's a reason he and DWade would love to have him back in Miami. I watched him the year he was in Miami. He's the reason they were my fave team in the East that year. Shades of Magic. Riles recognized that and knew how to use him, I don't feel Phil has gotten as much out of him as he could have, but I do think Phil really likes him as a player and appreciates his skill set and depends on him to carry alot of the load.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DB - Your Usual Great Job

It's great seeing LO is the designated "Dive Man" as the result of the double teams that Kobe and Pau are consistently getting.

Is Luke still injuried?

In watching the Pistons play this Sunday, a comment was made that their entire starting lineup can post-up on most players on opposing teams - do you think (I don't) that the Pistons can do that to the Lakers and would it make any differences (especially considering that the Pistons' bench is almost as strong/good as the Lakers)?

I'd say Chauncey could easily post up Fisher or Farmar.

Rip doesn't post from what I have seen. He mostly runs around.

Sheed can go inside out. If he is up against Gasol, he would post up.

Prince could also easily post up Odom. Length against length. Would it work for them though....?

I was flipping back and forth between the Oscars and the game, so I missed a lot of both. Is Turiaf injured of late? Since Kwame was traded, he seems to be missing a lot of gimmes, but hitting some of his outside jumpers. As someone else noted, he hasn't played with the same energy he used to. Is he tired? Is he hurt? Is he frustrated? Is he upset Gasol came in to man the 4, a spot Turiaf thought was his to lose?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject:

bad officiating for both sides. forte was not making the calls from under the hoop, which forced the outside official to make late calls once he realized forte wasnt going to call anything. i can see why kobe was upset, but he has to learn to control his temper (especially being up by 30+)

we still need another wing defender. with ariza down, kobe is the only person who can guard elite athletic SFs.

sign ruben patterson!
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:
bad officiating for both sides. forte was not making the calls from under the hoop, which forced the outside official to make late calls once he realized forte wasnt going to call anything. i can see why kobe was upset, but he has to learn to control his temper (especially being up by 30+)

we still need another wing defender. with ariza down, kobe is the only person who can guard elite athletic SFs.

sign ruben patterson!

I agree, but there must be a reason why no team wants any part of him. I might also give Sean Banks from the DLeague a 10 day contract.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject:

how has the laker defense looked over the last few?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
DB, What do you think about Kobe operating from the mid post area? I mean to me, that is the best position for him to play during quarter 1-4. Against stronger defensive teams who won't double him, Kobe only needs one step to get to the rim. Again weaker defensive teams, it's wide open shots for teammates.

Anytime, he can work from the low or mid posts it causes a lot of problems. It the past, we've tried to work it to him there on quick ball reversals so he could go to work on iso with more time. But lately it seems (to me anyway) like a lot of the intent is to draw the doubles.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
In watching the Pistons play this Sunday, a comment was made that their entire starting lineup can post-up on most players on opposing teams - do you think (I don't) that the Pistons can do that to the Lakers and would it make any differences (especially considering that the Pistons' bench is almost as strong/good as the Lakers)?
I'd say Chauncey could easily post up Fisher or Farmar.
Rip doesn't post from what I have seen. He mostly runs around.
Sheed can go inside out. If he is up against Gasol, he would post up.
Prince could also easily post up Odom. Length against length. Would it work for them though....?
I agree that Chauncey could post the vast majority of the PGs in the NBA, though if that happens, I think that Kobe would switch to him
Rip's game is not posting up, hence allowing Kobe to switch if necessary and DFish/Sasha/Jordan wouldn't get to exposed
Sheed can post-up Pau, but it wouldn't be a great mismatch (as great as Sheed is). This would be the most interesting match, especially in McDyss/Sheed are on the court with Pau/Bynum - I think the Lakers would win that battle.
Don't know if Prince would easily post-up LO since that is not really his game and he's not really a bonafide offensive threat. I think that LO can post up Prince and cause the Pistons to double him.
You didn't mentioned McDyss where the Lakers (IMO) would have the advantage - whether it is Pau/Bynum/Turiaff.

I agree with you that I don't see the advantages of having five players on the court that can post-up any opposing starting five, but it was brought up in the Pistons vs. Suns game and used as an important factor why the Pistons would win the Ring
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: