HEAT -at- LAKERS - 2/28 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
oh insecurity here about Kobe not scoring enough points? I will play that insecurity card you play too.

I'm fine if takes 15 shots as long as there shots he can make at a good clip. Posting up and slashing isn't something Fisher can do. Fisher's inflated ego however tells him he can.

I'm actually more Happy with Kobe scoring 15 and icing his Knees then Kobe scoring 40, playing 45 minutes and losing.

Perfect music.
lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject:

Did the usual suspects ruin DB's writeup and turn it into YET another player bashing after a win? Sheesh!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject:

thanks for the recap. What's the matter with D-Fish?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
We rid ourselves of most of the cancers....Cook, Kwame, Smush.

It's time to finish the job and get rid of P-U-K-E and Derek SelFish.

I don't think you have any idea how to use the word cancer in relation to basketball. Fisher is the glue that holds the team together in the locker room, a cancer would be a guy like Smush who tore the team apart in the locker room. Fish definitely forced shots today, and Walton has been consistantly poor for most of the season, but they are definitely not cancers.
Trajan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject:

Watching Jordan put up 24 points and 21 last game gave me a glimpse of what it would be like to have a Sixth Man on the team.
ImmortalD24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
s_habe wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
s_habe wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

We aren't winning anything as long as those two are part of our regular rotation.

Hmm..... Not winning the way we are *not* winning *anything* right now??

I'm talking about winning the only thing that matters........

P-U-K-E and SelFISH will cost us close games in the playoffs with their moronic, egotitical play.

Relax, sit back, and let the things settle. The only problem with FIsh is that his shot is not falling right now. He will find his stroke again. Don't worry!

With Luke, you should notice that his game is progressing. Slowly, but steadily his numbers have been going up. And his defencive presence has emerged. To me it is obvious that he is now finally coming back from his injury. He is useful off the bench.

Fish and Luke can hardly become the obstacle in the playoffs. We just need our main guys to get back and we'll be fine.

The problem with SelFISH is that he needs to be put in his effing place and reminded that he is a 6 foot role player. He has the worst shot selection in all the league. i can't imagine anybody with worse shot selection. He's like a stunted mouse that get's shocked everytime he nibbles on a piece of cheese and yet he keeps doing it. How many times does he have to get packed before it gets through that thick head of his that he is not very good and should be doing nothing but CATCH AND SHOOT.
agreed!
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the recap. Great to win 10 straight games. Hope we can keep it up.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject:

KHTM- you don't get it. his shot is just off. earlier in the season the majority of these shots would have gone in. he is in a shooiting slump, you have to shoot yourself out of those.

he is trying to get himsdelf back in rythym.

you know kinda like how vlad had to keep shucking before he got back into rhythm, and then was awesome
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject:

Holy crap, this thread took a turn for the worst....and this is after a WIN! Usually we come on here to hear positive things. I can't imagine what it will be like when we lose.

Let me jump in to the Fisher debate....not all shots have to go in. Having Fish take shots is a good thing for so many reasons.

1) Fisher's play and taking shots that *should* be reserved only for Kobe Bryant shows the other players not to fold to Kobe on every single play. Others need to take shots as well. That is a good thing!

2) Fisher taking a shot and not deferring to Kobe shows the defense that others will also play so they need to defend everyone and not send 5 guys at Kobe on every single play. That is a good thing!

3) The days of relying solely on Kobe Bryant for 120 points a night are long gone. They may surface once again, but hopefully rarely. Others, including Fish, need to jack up shots.

4) Players can not, should not, ever lose confidence. Once they do, their game is lost. Remember Nick Anderson?

5) A player like Fish should not take those shots? Who should then? Should we clone Kobe Bryant and make 16 copies of him, let him play the 1-5? And also come off the bench? Didn't we bring in Fish to provide leadership? Should a leader take a back seat all the time and play diminutively?

Seriously, the Lakers won, and they won by double digits. Do you want every game to be a 40-point blowout? The HEAT may be the worst team in the league, but do you expect them to just lay down for the mighty Lakers and not put in any effort? This little punch in the mouth of them climbing back and, oh I don't know, trying to win the game, should be expected and is necessary so the Lakers' players don't get lazy and too comfortable. Is all that on Fisher? Kobe did not shoot 100% for the game. Neither did Lamar. Did anyone?

Finally, the only way for any player to ever get out of a shooting slump is to shoot their way out of it. If Fish's shot is not falling, should he never take another shot again? No, he should keep shooting until it falls and his confidence goes back up.

So now coming back to why I wanted to come and post in this thread...

DB, what do you see as Mbenga's ceiling? Is there any hope, basketball-wise, for him? I was really excited when we got him, but he is so raw I don't see many skills in him. Just a big body. Hell, even Kwame did some positive things out on the court every once in a while. I want Mbenga to succeed, especially as a Lakers, but what does success for him mean? And it's not even a case of him learning the system. No, simple basketball playing and skills are his weakness.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject:

Crossover of Death and Rage Against the Machine foul? Classic DB. Your greatest write up of all time.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. lets add dwade to Sasha's hit list...irritating the superstars one by one....

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject:

Good job, DB.
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
We rid ourselves of most of the cancers....Cook, Kwame, Smush.

We aren't winning anything as long as those two are part of our regular rotation.
Do you ever do anything around here but hate on players not named Kobe? Yeesh.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject:

im going to be honest. despite miami's record i was worried about a let down game. glad to see i was wrong.

-poor closing to the 1st and 2nd qtr
-kobe played great d on d-wade (again)
-"about (bleep) time" (what i said when d-fish hit that 3)
-would have liked to see sasha in the 3rd
-big game for farmar, i dont think he should start yet but im leaning that way
-nice block on marion by kb24
-play of the game: kobe to luke to lamar for the throwdown
-pretty good game from luke even though he let the rim block his layup in the first qtr
-quiet game from gasol after the first qtr once miami realized they cant front him
- at farmar teasing luke for not throwing it down
-wish the starters could have rested the whole 4th qtr
-turiaf was all over the place (very active shot blocker)

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject:

"Rage Against the Machine"

I LOVE IT!!
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB, enjoy the write up as usual. It's great to be a Laker fan these days. I hope we bring our "A" game to Portland today.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

Fisher definitely looks physically and mentally fatigued. He isn't elevating as well on his jumpers, and his decision making is poor at times... he is pressing. I hope Phil allocates his minutes carefully, as we'll need him crisp for the playoffs.
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject:

ecchen1 wrote:
I'm sorry Kobe dude but your claims are not supported empirically

Derek Fisher has the worst shot selection in the NBA

REALLY?

He's shooting 45% this year, the best of his career.

And for the sake of understanding how good 45%, let's compare him to Ray Allen who is playing with the Paul Pierce AND KG. What's Ray Ray's FG percentage? 43.8%

So let's face the facts, Fisher is shooting better than one of the BEST pure shooters in the league.

Of course this is all b/c he has bad shot selection all year long.

Fisher is shooting under 37% in the month of February.

And you should understand the difference between Fisher shooting 45% and Ray Allen shooting 44%. A majority of Fisher's looks are WIDE OPEN, while Allen creates many of his own shots.

Fisher's shot selection can be very, very poor at times. There is no question about it. The play at the end of the quarter where he called his own number, only to get packed, is a perfect example.
jbjb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject:

KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
s_habe wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:
s_habe wrote:
KOBEhastheMAGIC wrote:

Hmm..... Not winning the way we are *not* winning *anything* right now??

I'm talking about winning the only thing that matters........

P-U-K-E and SelFISH will cost us close games in the playoffs with their moronic, egotitical play.

Relax, sit back, and let the things settle. The only problem with FIsh is that his shot is not falling right now. He will find his stroke again. Don't worry!

With Luke, you should notice that his game is progressing. Slowly, but steadily his numbers have been going up. And his defencive presence has emerged. To me it is obvious that he is now finally coming back from his injury. He is useful off the bench.

Fish and Luke can hardly become the obstacle in the playoffs. We just need our main guys to get back and we'll be fine.

The problem with SelFISH is that he needs to be put in his effing place and reminded that he is a 6 foot role player. He has the worst shot selection in all the league. i can't imagine anybody with worse shot selection. He's like a stunted mouse that get's shocked everytime he nibbles on a piece of cheese and yet he keeps doing it. How many times does he have to get packed before it gets through that thick head of his that he is not very good and should be doing nothing but CATCH AND SHOOT.

I have a friend whose son is seriously mentally stunted, and I find his takes on the Lakers much more enlightened than yours. Isn't that pathetic?
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject:

pau is underated as a defender. Obviously he doesnt have the weight to hold fools down but hes long as hell and his shotblocking ability is a huge asset
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject:

Great recap DB. We'll soon have that server money. What I took from this game was the Lakers didn't, as I thought they did with Portland, play to the level of the competition. I feared we'd resorted to last years habits of playing to levels. I sometime saw relaxing and Phil prodding to get it up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
senator kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject:

Rage against The Machine?!? Win.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject:

Thanks as always, DB. Rage Against The Machine and Crossover of Death? That's hilarious.
freshbird
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject:

I wonder whose head will we call for if we win our 11th straight game today?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject:

CorkyTomjanovich wrote:
ecchen1 wrote:
I'm sorry Kobe dude but your claims are not supported empirically

Derek Fisher has the worst shot selection in the NBA

REALLY?

He's shooting 45% this year, the best of his career.

And for the sake of understanding how good 45%, let's compare him to Ray Allen who is playing with the Paul Pierce AND KG. What's Ray Ray's FG percentage? 43.8%

So let's face the facts, Fisher is shooting better than one of the BEST pure shooters in the league.

Of course this is all b/c he has bad shot selection all year long.

Fisher is shooting under 37% in the month of February. And you should understand the difference between Fisher shooting 45% and Ray Allen shooting 44%. A majority of Fisher's looks are WIDE OPEN, while Allen creates many of his own shots.

ORLY? Have you watched Ray Ray play? It's news when he creats a shot. He shoots mostly catch and shoot jumpers either off screens or on kickouts from Pierce and Garnett.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: