SPURS -at- LAKERS - 5/29 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Regardless of whom we play in the next series, Vlad will have his work cut out for him again. Hopefully, we can get another series like this from him.

that ^ may be 1 of the key points for the next series. as long as vlad keeps on competing & doing the little things esp. on the D end, i think we've got the other bases covered.

thanks for the excellent recap DB!
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject:

limchrc wrote:
Great win by LA. Hope we get 4 more wins.

And great job, DB!
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

After one of the toughest races in the Western conference to date, I cannot believe we're here! All the turmoil, the frustration, the injuries. Then comes the trades, the awards, the praise, the Western conference championship! And then there were four...Back indeed!

Quote:
Down the stretch, he was the weapon of choice. The Dagger. The Mamba. The Assassin.

"We play for one thing and one thing only, and that's championships," Kobe said.

Kobe's performance turned me into a lunatic for the night. I was smiling, laughing, fist-pumping, everything under the moon and stars! Bowen and Duncan looked awe-struck themselves in some of those incredible pick and rolls. Scary thing is Kobe still looked like he had another gear. Saving that for the finals I guess!

Pau with 19 boards was just dominating. Phil gave him this assignment and he made Duncan work extremely hard. Humongous props all around for the Spaniard!

Odom has got to be thrilled. All the tragedies that were so unfortunate and devastating for him and he's on the biggest stage there is. Though basketball takes a smaller role compared to life's big stage. I commend him for his determination and for stepping up big in each series with one intangible to one versatility.

Fisher, Sasha, Farmar, Radman, Luke, and Turiaf are the legs of this operation. What a great balance of mind and body and soul. Pulling together and picking each other up from series-to-series. The cohesion of the team, the energy they bring is definitely a sight for all who bleed the two shining colors of LA.

I hope to see all the others enjoy themselves as well. Learning from this system and our great coaching staff. Mbenga, Karl, Newble, Mihm.

Bynum and Ariza we'll be seeing you. You'll bring that thunder and lightning for next season. Maybe even this season as well...Ariza!

Sorry for the rant, I'm just on cloud nine right now. Can't stop with the Laker Love! Woohoo!
hexfire
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject:

I would like to say that was a great analysis.

And one thing that really shocked me was the link from PocornMachine... the length of the Spurs' lead. Damn that was long! If I didn't know better I would say the Spurs held the lead longer than they did in Game 1... damn...

I guess Pop is regretting not gunning for the #1 seed and settling for third.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject:

Kobe is incredible at making Contested jumpers vs the big of the screen and roll. I still do not know how he can even see the basketball. I recall him making some jumpers over Yao ming also.

Perfect music.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject:

The only thing that will suck about the Finals will be ABC's coverage of it.
mae_24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject:

wow... nice read... i sure hope kobe will win the finals' mvp too
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject:

Let's get the trophy.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject:

Props to Phil for taking Odom out in the final 4 minutes, putting in Rad in order to spread the floor so Kobe could finish the game. That was a gutsy move and it worked. Kobe had free reign to go anywhere he wanted on the court.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject:

Letting rad close out the game may be a big confidence booster. I think we have an easier time with playing the Celtics; they are only as deep as the starting lineup plus Posey and Cassel (who has done very little). I think we will be able to wear them down, plus Allen hasn't been very effective.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject:

DB, your analysis is much more concise than the LA Times' Lonnie White. He is awful with nothing but snide remarks about all the players. I've only checked out his comments a few times because I read online, but today picked up a paper and was reminded why I always read your column..
HawkeyeJames
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject:

DB I just want to thank you for your excellent recaps. I really enjoy reading the breakdowns and keep up the great work!

Only 4 more smiley faces and the trophy is ours!!!
hi_ma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject:

HawkeyeJames wrote:
DB I just want to thank you for your excellent recaps. I really enjoy reading the breakdowns and keep up the great work!

Only 4 more smiley faces and the trophy is ours!!!

The lakers will get prince.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject:

that trophy presentation was really a special moment.

so glad Jerry West got to be the one to present it. i don't think i've ever seen Kobe beam at anybody like he did at West. having Logo give us the trophy probably didn't sit well with Memphis fans

still can't believe we are where we are. just 4 more...
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject:

SA being up 17 early in the game didn't really bother me because it was so early in the game. True to form, they fizzled out as the game wore on while the Lakers seemed to gobble up momentum.

Kobe is just making things look too easy, which is a flashing red light for Detroit or Boston. He shoots 53% in the series against a top perimeter defender and a team whose philosophy is to make him work for every point. No problem.

Pau really manned up with his 19 boards. Timmy is going to get his anyway, but only shot 43% in the series. The Lakers did to him what SA was hoping to do with Kobe.

Props to Vlade for being quietly efficient. Maybe he's finally getting it?

JWest presenting the trophy to Mitch felt like a passing of the torch. Whoever set that up - nice job.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject:

thanks DB.

it's great to be back in the Finals, where we belong. I think coming back from double digit deficits is going to help us out during the next series just because we're down...we don't give up.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject:

BRING ON BOSTON
jeremysnowIII
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Hi ya Evreyone

Mr.Dancing Barry wanst this a great year?Yuo have bbeen one of the best laker writter along with Mr.Pincus.
Eighty one I have a good memry and Gramps repeats himself lots and thanks for yuor kind words.Srry I ddindn't asnwer before but I can supposed to just post once a week becuase my mom wants me to study more.
Gramps got off the phone with Mr. Kupcheck and this was a long call.This is the happiest I've seen Gramps he was so excited that he started cuoffing and Mr. Kupcheck asked if he was ok.Gramps aksed me not to write abuot some of the strattegy he talked abuot.But Gramps tells me he's very conserned about the Celtics.I told him that I read someone said that that was the old Celtics.Gramps lauhged and said Dad was too yuong to know of this rivlary.
Gramps did tell me that Sasha and Jordan will be very improtant especially Jordan who can drible pennytrate and shoot a midrangge jumper.Gramps says that we cannot overpass.Gramps says that sometimes Ssahsa goes crazy when handling the ball.When I was in Utah Sasha was complaining abuot his foot and head becuase he fell down in the game and hurt his head.Kobe yanked him off the seat and swore at him to get in the game.I was getting hit by ice but got very scared more of Kobe.Gramps tells me that MJ used to be the same way with Pippen and SteveKerr excpt Kobe is nicer becuase Mj once puched Steve Kerr in the face in 1987 becuase he was not happy with Kerr.
Gramps said that Kendrik perkins is having an outstanding playoffs and we need to keep him off the boards.Gramps said Pekins minutes have gone up agnst athe shorter Pistons to 32 minutes and his scoring and rebnding also improved from the washington serries.Perkns makes Gramps very nervuos becuase he says that he is the typical and togh good Celtic role plyr like Bailley Howell,Tom Sanders,Cedrkx Maxwell and Mel Carr.Gramps says that Perkins at the start of the playoffs was playing just in the frist and second quarters.Gramps says that now Perkins is playing thrity two mintues until the tow minute makr before getting subbed by Posy.

Two nightts ago Gramps had talkd to his friend in Boston and his frined was sad that Tony Allen won't be playing much becuase of an injured achilles on his right foot.His friend suprevised Dr.Mckeon when Dr.Mckeon was a resident. Gramps said that Tonny Allens calf was hurting most of the season and hurtng his achilles was a progrsn of the probelm. Gramps felt bad becuase he doesnot like althetes getting hurt and not being able to play.Gramps felt that Tony Allen might be the Celtics best defender on Kobe.So it looks like James Posy and Ray Allen will be guarding Kobe.Gramps told Mrl.Kupchek that Coch River likes to go with James Posy in the last two mintues with KG, Allen,Pierce and Rondo.Gramps told Mr.Kupchek to gaurd RayAllen from going left, becuase it hurts him when he pushes off his left caclaneus foot to go right. Last wekk, Gramps suggstd to Mr.Kupchek to gaurd Gino from going to his right.Gino had ankle pain on his right so he had truoble gong to his signnatur left drive so he told Mr.Kupchek to be cut off Ginos move to his right which used his good left ankle. Gramps allso said that aginst Kurt Thomass will help us since PJ Brown is another bigman who has a good midJ.He told Mr.Kupcheck that PJ made a momentm stopping shot agnst the Cavs.

snow3
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Like always, it's great to hear from you, Jeremy!

Thanks a bunch for relaying the thoughts of gramps, and listen to your mom....keep studying!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: