BLAZERS -at- LAKERS - 10/28 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clubced
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Also, when Oden was in there, I wasn't very impressed. Even if he's healthy, he's got work in progress written all over him. The guy's got no touch and totally clunky.
edwood94
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:

Pau – I wish the Lakers could’ve gotten him more involved in the 2nd half. .

I said this during the last season and I couldn´t find an explanation yet. Around the 80 % of the games he scores so easily on the first half , low post movements, jumpers, turnarounds, layups, anything in the book, with tremendous field goal percentages and almost always, in the 3RD and 4RD quarter he simply does not receive the ball. This had no importance yesterday, since we were winning by more or less 20 points, but this happens even when we really are struggling .
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:

^ That happened quite a bit last year. I expected it. I'm thinking, Pau could go for 30 tonight...then I thought, nah...he'll have one of those second halves where he only gets a couple buckets.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject:

edwood94 wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Pau – I wish the Lakers could’ve gotten him more involved in the 2nd half. .

I said this during the last season and I couldn´t find an explanation yet. Around the 80 % of the games he scores so easily on the first half , low post movements, jumpers, turnarounds, layups, anything in the book, with tremendous field goal percentages and almost always, in the 3RD and 4RD quarter he simply does not receive the ball. This had no importance yesterday, since we were winning by more or less 20 points, but this happens even when we really are struggling .

Portland made a big effort to deny him the ball and collapse on him when he got it. But they forgot about that pesky #24. Simple case of the Lakers accepting what was available in the first half, Portland adjusting, and the Lakers adjusting to the adjustment.
king255
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Well, if there's a pattern to Phil's offense the last couple of years, it's that they run the triangle in the 1st half(the benefit of which probably has more to do with saving Kobe's energy than to get everyone involved), and then it's Kobe time in the 2nd, which is probably why Pau doesn't score much in the 2nd half.

Under extreme circumstances, like when the team sucks really bad, he'll let Kobe go off right from the beginning, but those days are no longer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: