CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS - 11/5 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I love how Ariza has a knack for finding the seams and how he finishes around the basket. Excellent role player.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
fisher's a scrub? LOL!

audioaxes wrote:
something is wrong when a scrub like Fisher is taking more shots than Bynum and Pau
he is going to cost us some games this year if he isnt put in check

yes i agree its hilarious that we have a scrub starting who is praised as some great irreplaceable leader
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject:

OC Register quote:

The Lakers (4-0) allowed the Clippers (0-5) to hang around for nearly the entire game before a technical knockout in the way of a 22-0 fourth-quarter run finally put the Clippers on their back.

LO looks like he is finding his stroke. I saw him out there hustling and playing good defense as well last night. Wouldn't surprise me if he displaces Vlad as the starter if he keeps up this level of play. Gotta give him some props.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
OC Register quote:

The Lakers (4-0) allowed the Clippers (0-5) to hang around for nearly the entire game before a technical knockout in the way of a 22-0 fourth-quarter run finally put the Clippers on their back.

LO looks like he is finding his stroke. I saw him out there hustling and playing good defense as well last night. Wouldn't surprise me if he displaces Vlad as the starter if he keeps up this level of play. Gotta give him some props.

he has been playing PF the whole time, the Odom experiment at SF is over.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
OC Register quote:

he has been playing PF the whole time, the Odom experiment at SF is over.

That's true. My bad. I notice how he would come in to spell Pau or Drew. Still though, I'm liking his effort out there.
Amara D'Antona
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS - 11/5 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:

Vujacic -- -- The Machine is still out of service. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Tune in next game. The Stats: He scored 3 points on 1-5 shooting (1-4 from three) to go with 2 boards and 1 foul in 12 minbutes.

I haven't seen anyone inform you, but you've got a slight mistake there. [/b]
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS - 11/5 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Amara D'Antona wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Vujacic -- -- The Machine is still out of service. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Tune in next game. The Stats: He scored 3 points on 1-5 shooting (1-4 from three) to go with 2 boards and 1 foul in 12 minbutes.

I haven't seen anyone inform you, but you've got a slight mistake there. [/b]

Thanks, I made the change:

Quote:
Vujacic -- -- The Machine is still out of service. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Tune in next game. The Stats: He scored 3 points on 1-5 shooting (1-4 from three) to go with 2 boards and 1 foul in 720,000,000,000 nanoseconds.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Fisher, Farmar and Sasha didn't get to go to China with Kobe so to make up for it they are rebuilding the Great Wall here in LA.. brick by brick by brick... can't get away with that bs against top teams. Guards, time to wake up.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject:

brouk9 wrote:
I don't think Phil goes into the game splanning to bench Bynum, but he's forced to because of matchups as teams are going small at the end of games to catch up with 3's.

In my opinion you don't go small to match up with teams. You have Pau guard his man at the three point line and try to use his length to bother the shot. If his man blows past him, that's what Bynum is there for. Those small lineups would have absolutely no chance of handling Gasol and Bynum down low on the other end.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject:

^I agree.... you definitely make teams play on your turf, not the other way around.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject:

Phil may have been thinking about the wide open looks Thomas got earlier in the game on some defensive miscues. I can't remember if LO was in the game at the time or Bynum or Pau, but I can see what he's thinking there. When he brought LO in we had a 10-point lead. We doubled that, so it didn't make a difference...I think LO and Kobe ended up getting a steal on that initial defensive stand, too. But at the time I certainly did a double take to see why he did it because Bynum was beasting it up.

I do worry in a dogfight when we are going to want 40 minutes from our four impact players that Phil can't find that right now with this rotation scheme. Still, these are brilliant problems to have.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
brouk9 wrote:
I don't think Phil goes into the game splanning to bench Bynum, but he's forced to because of matchups as teams are going small at the end of games to catch up with 3's.

In my opinion you don't go small to match up with teams. You have Pau guard his man at the three point line and try to use his length to bother the shot. If his man blows past him, that's what Bynum is there for. Those small lineups would have absolutely no chance of handling Gasol and Bynum down low on the other end.

J.C. Smith, I agree with your opinion. Never understood why Phil matches the other team more than making the team match to your players. Ronnie Lester commented on that as well when interviewed in the preseason. Lakers need to make teams match up to what they do instead of the other way around.
JJ81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject:

Started off slow but thats probably because of the few days off. Lets hope they dont start slow against Houston.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: