CELTICS -at- LAKERS - 12/25 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Questions:
Magic stated on ESPN that the Lakers, Cavaliers and others are looking up to the Celtics - what are your thoughts on this?

Only in that the Celtics were able to push through and win it all. The other teams have not. They will miss Posey.

They are playing great, but the Celts lost to some poor teams. So have the Lakers. That lack of focus won't be an issue come playoff time. Teams will bring it.

The Celts also have an advantage of playing together in the same schemes for a year. The Cavs are adding a new player. The Lakers are adding new defensive schemes with new lineups.

Quote:

Mark Jackson stated that the Cavs are better than the Celtics - hard to believe this?

Before the season started, I thought the Cavs could bump off the Celts. Right now, I don't think they are better, though. It's a long season. Anything can change...
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the reply
DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Questions:
Magic stated on ESPN that the Lakers, Cavaliers and others are looking up to the Celtics - what are your thoughts on this?
Only in that the Celtics were able to push through and win it all. The other teams have not. They will miss Posey.
They are playing great, but the Celts lost to some poor teams. So have the Lakers. That lack of focus won't be an issue come playoff time. Teams will bring it.
The Celts also have an advantage of playing together in the same schemes for a year. The Cavs are adding a new player. The Lakers are adding new defensive schemes with new lineups.
Posey's absense highlights statements made during the televised broadcast that the Celtics' "Starting Five" outplayed the Lakers' "Starting Five" - though the bench of the Lakers outplayed the Celtics' counterparts - even with Farmar sidelined for 8+ weeks. What are your thoughts on the process of players such as LO, Sasha and Pau being/getting ready to perform where the lights shine the brightest (playoffs/The Finals)?
DancingBarry wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Mark Jackson stated that the Cavs are better than the Celtics - hard to believe this?
Before the season started, I thought the Cavs could bump off the Celts. Right now, I don't think they are better, though. It's a long season. Anything can change...
The one thing that the Celtics/Cavs are getting to be known for is their banging/physical presence in the paint with some clamoring for a front court player that can match them. What do you think about Mychal Thompson's comments that they already have one with Josh Powell? In addition, do you think that Chris Mihm can "bang" with their front court - along with Poe?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Pau will be fine in the playoffs. He played great defensively last year. Now that he can switch between PF and C, it will only make him better. I'm not worried about his start during this last game.

Sasha and LO will likely be inconsistent.

Powell is definitely a banger. He dislodges a lot of guys when the ball is up getting good offensive position. I wish he'd also become our enforcer, too.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Pau will be fine in the playoffs. He played great defensively last year. Now that he can switch between PF and C, it will only make him better. I'm not worried about his start during this last game.

Powell is definitely a banger. He dislodges a lot of guys when the ball is up getting good offensive position. I wish he'd also become our enforcer, too.

+ 1
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
How will PJ use Powell since he appears to hustle, bang and has a good touch? Regarding Pau - I'm not worried about his start during the Celtics game, just the aspect that Kobe identified which is growing comfortable into the role of being successful when the lights are shining their brightest ("Crunch Time"). It seem that Pau wasn't ready mentally to the challenge - not that he wasn't prepared, etc. Knowing PJ's choice of having multiple "bigs" - he has the option of rotating his "bigs" whenever they are tiring from "recovering to cover the lanes that the perimeter defensive players are funneling the opposition.
Teamof2000
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject:

good stuff DB. Someone should make a movie out of your intros.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: