LAKERS -at- CAVS - 2/8 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
Memo to the management: We've faced an opponent nicknamed Big Baby and another named Boobie. Never, I repeat, never sign any player with such wimpy, sissy-fied nicknames. Mamba, Cobra, Machine - are at least manly.

Like 'Socks'?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Another huge win (and sick game by Odom). He got hot at the right time. Just shows you what this team is capable of--they just need to keep it together and maintain the same kind of focus/desire. Assuming he returns, the other problem with Bynum missing a lot of time beyond his own ability to perform relates to the team getting use to playing without him and possible challenges reintegrating him on the floor. Lots of time left though so hopefully that works out, but we're clearly on top at the moment either way.

After such a dominating road trip against stellar competition hopefully they don't let their guard down now though. And I'm honestly starting to think Kobe may have figured out Lebron over the Olympics--I don't recall him struggling like this against us before.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
I've said this about Lamar for years - it's okay to want to be great. When you're as talented as he, it's okay to strive for the top of the mountain. He always seemed to be more concerned with being a good teammate and blending in and IMO has shortchanged himself in the process. When you're hit with adversity (as was the case with losing Drew), there's an opportunity to stand up and be counted. And that's what Lamar has done.

kobe0825
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Farmar gets way too much credit from you on a consistent basis IMO. he had a few nice passes but DB plz give NO credit when there is non due. 0-5 and u give him a clown hat? he should get the automatically

Thnx for an otherwise accurate great recap

Impossible is not a fact. Impossible is an opinion.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject:

^There are 3 keys to Farmar's Game

1. Limit the 3pt attempts in favor of penetration
2. Play defense
3. Limit his TOs

Tonight, he did 2 of those 3... and definitely helped us get a win.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
kobe0825
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject:

^ i said on a "consistent" basis. also where do u get the 2 of 3 from 1 of 3....MAX if u give him the benefit of the doubt, I don't think he played great defense but yes he did have an important block.

Anyway I do agree with u maybe even a 4th point STOP PUSHING THE SHOT WITH 18 ON THE CLOCK!

Impossible is not a fact. Impossible is an opinion.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject:

AHHH I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ HICKSON introduce yourself to Lamar Odom's Body SON!!!!

Put a body on the guy , he's got 15 points this quarter!!!!

- JVG

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject:

One of the most impressive road trips in Lakers history.

To go 6-0 on any trip is outstanding, I don't care who you play. But to beat Boston at Boston and Cleveland at Cleveland in Games 5 and 6 of the trip? That is insane.....great job by the entire team and staff.

It would have been easy to roll over today down 10 with Kobe sick. That they didn't do that and sucked it up to win says a lot about the heart of this team.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject:

I think Farmar played very nice D tonight. Gibson and Williams combined for 9/25 shooting. I only saw one possession (against Gibson) in which Farmar failed to take care of his responsibilities (he certainly made up for that one defensive lapse with the late block). He consistently stayed in front of Williams (except for one play in which he was expected help to his right which never appeared).

IMO, Farmar has played much better defensively overall since he came back... we still need him to be even better, but I'll at least recognize the improvement he has made.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
jsi106
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Lebron had the look that he was fouled by ariza on the late 3pt block. He complained before game that he didnt get enough calls from ref, in response to PJackson comment.
I don't think he will ever be happy with the ref if he expects whistle to bail him out on every embarasement
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, DB. Just a great win. We were down 12 and our leader was clearly under the weather; we could have packed it in content with a very good 5-1 road trip. Instead, we dug in on the defensive end and kept competing the entire second half. 30 points allowed in the second half? 39% for the Cavs at home? Unreal. We did a better job of staying on their catch and shoot shooters in the second half. Wally made one wide open three in the second half as opposed to three in the first half. We had a couple of good close outs from Farmar and Ariza who blocked three point attempts by Gibson and LBJ, respectively. 62-24 in regards to points in the paint. What a dominating performance. I think that LO's third quarter was just unreal. 15 and 10 in that quarter alone. I loved the passion and energy that he played with tonight. I also like the fact that we were even in the rebounding department. They're a very good rebounding team, especially in regards to getting multiple shot opportunities on the offensive end. Very clean game as well with only six TO's. LO said that he wants to go put his feet in the sand. He deserves it. I'm so proud of our team. Thanks again, DB for the great write-up as always.

Last edited by BigE32 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I forgot to mention....LO is a BEAST!
MFF0RD8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject:

they beat cleveland while shooting only 15% on their three pointers. wow, just wow.

"I don't know if we'd won this game without these fans. Thank you!" - Phil Jackson after Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, 6/17/10

Last edited by MFF0RD8 on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hyperkobegurl
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Lamar was exactly what we needed him to be to get a win! Go Odom! I'm just soooo happy with our 6-0 roadtrip record!
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject:

StuLantz#1 wrote:
Another huge win (and sick game by Odom). He got hot at the right time. Just shows you what this team is capable of--they just need to keep it together and maintain the same kind of focus/desire. Assuming he returns, the other problem with Bynum missing a lot of time beyond his own ability to perform relates to the team getting use to playing without him and possible challenges reintegrating him on the floor. Lots of time left though so hopefully that works out, but we're clearly on top at the moment either way.

After such a dominating road trip against stellar competition hopefully they don't let their guard down now though. And I'm honestly starting to think Kobe may have figured out Lebron over the Olympics--I don't recall him struggling like this against us before.

He didn't JUST figure LeBron out. He learned him like parents learn children. A few things happenned and some of it at the Olympics.
1. He got into LBJ's head by locking down everybody on the Olympic team defensively. Guys were saying, 'Kobe can shut down anybody one on one.' Anybody means anybody including LBJ. LBJ knows this and this year tried to really drive by Kobe a total of 5 times in both games. He really just settled for the long jumper or cross drives and dishes and we know how effective that is for him.
2. The Lakers got serious about playing defense after Boston humiliated them in Games 4&6 by getting to the hoop like trailer park all stars get to Pamela Anderson.
3. Kobe had a chance to study LeBron live. He learned the game by studying video so seeing a guy live gives him the ability to know him like he is him. He's freaking Neo dude!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject:

MFF0RD8 wrote:
they beat cleveland whiling shooting only 15% on their three pointers. wow, just wow.

Scary we beat Boston while missing 10 plus free throws and Cleveland while clanking 3's all day huh. I'm listening to 570am in LA right now and the guy is saying San Antonio's win over Boston was better than our win today at Cleveland. He says they will beat us in the WCF's and should be scared. His cohost think he's on crack. I concur.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
Memo to the management: We've faced an opponent nicknamed Big Baby and another named Boobie. Never, I repeat, never sign any player with such wimpy, sissy-fied nicknames. Mamba, Cobra, Machine - are at least manly.

Like 'Socks'?

I don't think that's known nationally. I just find it funny that the arena PA's use those nickname whenever those guys score.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Good job, but no line will ever beat:

Quote:
"Machine not witness."

Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping you would give Kobe this smiley because of his flu:

- Andy Warhol
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Great game today, and great recap, DB recaps FTMFW. Your story recaps never cease to gain a laugh , thanks DB.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject:

DB

Kobe looked like he was playing with concrete boots, poor guy.

LO was awesome, just hope this doesn't mean he will disappear for the next few games.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Again a very entertaining read.

This road trip was indescribable. We went from "well, there goes our season" with Bynum going down, to total 6-0 domination, defense, a 61-pt MSG record, and season sweeps of the two top Eastern teams.

That second half of tonight's game was a thing of beauty. There was not one bad Laker in tonight's win in my book; that stand the second unit took the first 6+ minutes of the 4th quarter was awesome, as was LO, Fish, Gasol, and even a sick Kobe. Shoot; even Walton played well.

No power poll in existence can deny a #1 ranking to the Lakers right now!

Now to fly home, stick the feet in the sand, and say hello to a couple new Lakers.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject:

"We've really got the defense figured out now, everybody knows their jobs," guard Jordan Farmar said. "We know where to help. We've got each other's backs. It all works."

hope they can keep the defensive focus up.
outstanding result on our road trip.
thanks DB!
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject:

kups wrote:
"We've really got the defense figured out now, everybody knows their jobs," guard Jordan Farmar said. "We know where to help. We've got each other's backs. It all works."

That's great to hear from Farmar because he had looked like one of the more confused defenders out there prior to his injury. Maybe watching from the sideline helped.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject:

^ i hope that's the case w/ farmar. we'll need consistent play from him.
almost forgot.. i really <3 LO

i was having 2nd thoughts on posting the link, don't want to mess up your great recap.. here it is anyway

Lamar Odom finally puts the spotlight on himself
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: